Premier league viewing options to replace BeIn connect

Chongalulu

With the demise of BeIn connect as far as English premier league is concerned what similar options are there? The set up with live  and especially catch up on the app which I could chrome cast to my big TV was ideal for me. I know True now have th franchise but there seems no equivalent option they offer having visited their desk. I don’t want their expensive satellite subscription,nor their WiFi which coverage there isn’t in my locale anyway ( I have a good 3BB fibre subscription). I have used previously the unofficial Football orgin and FMS sites for champions league last year but they are rather clunky and unreliable. I’m primarily interested in catch up on demand the  following day rather than live, so any suggestions?

Been using Tipmanee cable TV for the last 5years but fell for True's advertising that only they had PL rights this season and topped up 300bht pm subscription. Well well I now have PL on both Tipmanee AND True. Thanks a bunch True! More fool me for believing them!

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I subscribed to TrueID at the beginning of the season. That was enough, what sh...tty coverage. Too many ads.

I now use Mobdro installed on my PC via Bluestacks. Seems to work OK.

I think the coverage is really good and I don't mind paying for it. One problem....Spurs don't seem to be playing very well on it. 

Rooster

5 hours ago, spunkie said:

Try downloading Mobdro it’s free all the sports you want plus movies etc etc 

To this and all the other suggestions- does it have catch up and can I chromecast or alternatively screen mirror via lightning hdmi cable from iPad or android phone to the big TV. Without that they’re of no appeal to me as I cannot stand watching on a small screen.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:27 PM, nchuckle said:

To this and all the other suggestions- does it have catch up and can I chromecast or alternatively screen mirror via lightning hdmi cable from iPad or android phone to the big TV. Without that they’re of no appeal to me as I cannot stand watching on a small screen.

sadly no catch-up - Mobdro only streams live

1 hour ago, sungod said:

I find the picture on mobdro appalling at best when not buffering.

Thanks for that,I’ve only watched one match and concur on that. All the other mediums I’ve used like iplayer I’m getting decent HD. 

There really seems to be little decent alternative to the old Bein app

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Plenty of decent alternatives, but they are not free, same as the Bein app was not free either.

So please expand . I was very happy to pay 199 baht per month  (or even more) for the Bein app which had not only live coverage but more importantly video on demand of nearly all the other EPL matches which I could view the following morning and anywhere with internet connection and could chromecast in HD to big TV. 

True now have the rights and offer nothing of a similar nature. Just the normal lousy and expensive satellite package. I have very good 3BB fiber and they are the only provider in my locale

So please ,inform me.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, spunkie said:

Try downloading Mobdro it’s free all the sports you want plus movies etc etc 

Tried the Mobdro app. Truly awful - poor picture quality ,buffering and sound out of sync with the picture. I have good WiFi too which works perfectly with iPlayer etc.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:13 PM, nchuckle said:

Tried the Mobdro app. Truly awful - poor picture quality ,buffering and sound out of sync with the picture. I have good WiFi too which works perfectly with iPlayer etc.

I had the same problem with audio and video being out of sync many times with TV Mucho. Don't know what causes it. Must be a problem at their end. If you don't like Mobdro, try Live NetTv and Live Lounge. Since IPTV went down I've also been looking around.
I re-subscribed to HD Prime on Tuesday evening so I could watch the Spurs footy 5 hours later that night - they used to reply inside 10-15 minutes but 2 days later I'm still waiting for them to reactivate my account or even reply to me. <deleted> disgraceful.
2-3 tried and trusted website streams also work (Stream2watch, Firstrow etc) but if anyone can tell me where to get the best streams right now, I'm all ears.

I will not, however, deal with True. I think it's criminal that for those of us previously paying 150 baht a month to Bein aren't having our contracts honoured by True - what's worse they're demanding more than double that if we want to continue using it. That wouldn't be allowed in any other country!

I tried to edit my post above but can't so an update:
it is one of life's great coincidences that whenever I moan at HD Prime here, I get immediate action from them
So it was today, soon after post #18, I got a reply and they've helped me to reactivate

So fair play to the guy
The TV channels are all working but the real test will come when there's a big EPL game on

On 9/14/2019 at 6:27 PM, nchuckle said:

Just connect your phone to tv via screen mirroring

9 hours ago, pomozki said:

I tried to edit my post above but can't so an update:
it is one of life's great coincidences that whenever I moan at HD Prime here, I get immediate action from them
So it was today, soon after post #18, I got a reply and they've helped me to reactivate

So fair play to the guy
The TV channels are all working but the real test will come when there's a big EPL game on

I too have a lapsed HD Prime account. Can you remember if they have a comprehensive VOD (catch-up) service? The majority of the matches I watch are done that way given the time difference . I know they don’t have chromecast (very behind the times) but maybe screen mirroring by hdmi lead from my iPad?

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I too have a lapsed HD Prime account. Can you remember if they have a comprehensive VOD (catch-up) service?

All Sky Sports and BT Sports have a three day catch up. The five dedicated channels they have for EPL matches don't have catch up but two of them do show replays at various times during the week and they have a three day catch up so matches are available on demand. The other three just show live matches.  There are also seven Sky Net sports channels, with English commentary, that show all live EPL matches plus live Champions/Europa league games. There's no catch up option available but the quality is better and more stable than matches shown on Sky/BT Sports. All UKTV channels have three day catch up.

22 hours ago, pomozki said:

I had the same problem with audio and video being out of sync many times with TV Mucho. Don't know what causes it. Must be a problem at their end. If you don't like Mobdro, try Live NetTv and Live Lounge. Since IPTV went down I've also been looking around.
I re-subscribed to HD Prime on Tuesday evening so I could watch the Spurs footy 5 hours later that night - they used to reply inside 10-15 minutes but 2 days later I'm still waiting for them to reactivate my account or even reply to me. <deleted> disgraceful.
2-3 tried and trusted website streams also work (Stream2watch, Firstrow etc) but if anyone can tell me where to get the best streams right now, I'm all ears.

I will not, however, deal with True. I think it's criminal that for those of us previously paying 150 baht a month to Bein aren't having our contracts honoured by True - what's worse they're demanding more than double that if we want to continue using it. That wouldn't be allowed in any other country!

There are many IPTV offerings out there. I can only comment on the ones ive tried. I used Pulsetv for a year. All UK channels as well as other sports channels from US and elsewhere. 3 Devices on 1 internet connection an i prepaid 10,000 baht for the year(it has 24 hr catch up. Also has VOD on movies and series.

Now using IVIEWHD as i only need 1 device. 7 day catch up. A bit cheaper also with VOD. Both excellent services and barely buffers on a 40mb download.

Update. The acid test for these services is when there's a big event on, esp Champions League and EPL. So I tuned into HD Prime yesterday to watch Spursgame. Yep, might''ve been better if I hadn't !
anyway, credit to HD Prime. I emailed the guy and moaned that the stream for the pre-game panel had audio and video out of sync, and that the BT Sport 1 backup channel had an unreliable stream. Didn't expect to hear back but he replied instantly. He didn't try to BS me - he admitted straight away that there were issues but they were working to get them fixed by the time of kickoff. Good on him. The game feed was almost perfect - once or twice it froze but I just reloaded and a few seconds later it was back up again.
The catch-up is far better than IPTV's was. IPTV told my mate that they'd be back up again soon but as long as HD Prime works as well as yesterday I'll stick with it. It's also been terrific for catch-up last 2 days for heaps of other things I wanted to watch. Sorry Sametboy but 10,000 a year compared to other services is exorbitant imo. That's double or treble IPTV and HD Prime - but if it works for you, each to his own. The only thing is that HD Prime is troublesome on mobile devices - it doesn't really cater for normal phones, only tablets, I think, all I've been able to do is try to watch through the usual url. That's where the freebies like Mobdro come into their own.
cheers

I just watch EPL,Champions league,the next day on either,

footballorigin.com or fullmatchesandshows.com,picture

is very good,and if you don't check the scores beforehand,

like watching it live, if any match is removed ,look down in

comments and there is usually a link to the game you want

to watch.

regards worgeordie

7 hours ago, Jim P said:

Doe HD prime work on a laptop, I don`t have an android device and my tv isn`t wifi enabled

it works perfectly on a laptop, that's where I watch it. It isn't so good on an Android phone

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Does it work at all at moment? When it did work access was with web browser on laptop, but it has been several years since I topped up with any credit to use it.

it's worked very well the last 2 days or so. that catch-up is better than IPTV (whose catch-up is virtually non-existent) but most reliable is watching live

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I just watch EPL,Champions league,the next day on either,

footballorigin.com or fullmatchesandshows.com,picture

is very good,and if you don't check the scores beforehand,

like watching it live, if any match is removed ,look down in

comments and there is usually a link to the game you want

to watch.

regards worgeordie

fullmatchesandshows.com is outstanding - if you don't need to watch these things live, settle back and watch EPL and European games at your leisure - often you can pick pre-game, 1st half, 2nd half, post-match - or if in a hurry, just pick highlights

Archived