Visa Renewal

I have an appointment date of AUG. 11 at the immigration in BKK.

I have had a NON O retirement for the last few years and now will apply for a married NON O.

And I do not know what I will need to show,I have my bank passbook with the money transfers and about a year ago when I transfered my acct. from CM to the bank branch here I had it made into a joint acct. with my wife's name on the acct.

and I do not understand what I will need to show,as some of the posts seem contradictory as to what is required.

Will I just need to show that I have pensions in excess of 40,000 baht per month OR what has been previously required as an income of over 65,000 and a deposit of over 200,000 in the bank?

You or wife should drop by or call for requirements but I would expect you will need to show photos together at home (for them to keep), 400k in an account of your name or joint account. Declare yearly income amount for forms and if you have a copy of pension paperwork it will be requested. Do not know how little they would accept in bank with certified note from your Embassy but expect they would want at least some in an account. The most important thing is that your wife goes with you and answers their questions (that you support her). You will have the same requirement for current letter from bank and present your passbook/copies. Her home registration/copies will also be required if you live at that address. Not sure if rented but probably lease copy would be required.

Seems like I always get the same officer at the immigration in BKK. and she knows we are married as my wife has been with me everytime for the last 3 years and one time we presented our marriage license,

We have always used the same address as we own our home and I have a house book.

They also have on record all my pension letters from my unions and social security.

My pensions are over what was required before,but now I understand that the required pension is only 40,000 and from what I read from Pattaya that is what they require, but I didn't know what BKK will require, guess I will just have to wait and see as I know that they will be different.

As before she never required a large amount in the bank,just so it shows regular cash deposits from transfers from abroad.but never said to maintain a set amount.

As before she never required a large amount in the bank,just so it shows regular cash deposits from transfers from abroad.but never said to maintain a set amount.

Did not mean that as 'maintain' a set amount. But at renewal time, until final approval, they usually like to see a considerable amount in an account even if you use the pension method. I would suspect half the full amount would be good as a rule. But if someone has an expense that could not be avoided they would likely take that into consideration.

LB; No she just wanted to see that I was putting money in and using the acct. the first time I had a small amount in it,and she said come back in 2 weeks and have 30,000 in the bank,so i did,and since then she has just looked at the book and at the transfers and said nothing about the large acct. balance.

But I noticed that the Pattaya office said something about using only the pension monthly payment or the full amount in the bank, but you could not use both. so that is what I wondered.I transfer 50,000 a month to that acct. and use my US ATM when we need to and my credit card pmnts are made online from my US acct.

And since I will be changing to a married visa and someone said that there will be police coming to check if I live here, and then go back in 1 month,,would it be better if I got a letter from our head man and 1 from the police that I in fact do live at my address before I go and already have the papers along with my house book as proof. Might save me a trip back to BKK in a month as was stated.

And since I will be changing to a married visa and someone said that there will be police coming to check if I live here, and then go back in 1 month,,would it be better if I got a letter from our head man and 1 from the police that I in fact do live at my address before I go and already have the papers along with my house book as proof. Might save me a trip back to BKK in a month as was stated.

Believe you will have a report date of about 40 days to return for final extension of stay and this is because of approval process not just a check of your residence so don't believe there is any need to obtain letters. They have to go through the process.