Why Is Pattaya Such A Hole?

cm-happy

Unlike some of the respondents, I dont take offense to any negative comments about CM. I dont own the place, I just live here! In fact agree wholeheartedly with them, especially about the air pollution problem and Night safari. Can thank that genius Taksin for that(NS), not CM.

This thread was not created as a Pattaya bashing thread, Had just one understandable response SEX,SEX,SEX!!!! Call a spade a spade. If you canot get it naturally, and have to buy it, Pattaya is the place for you. Must keep the local STD clinics busy, and a good income for the doctors.

Pattaya is fun. I feel safer here than in my city of birth in the U.K. and the wide range of entertainment, shopping and restaurants available is excellent. Bangkok is just two hours away, the new airport is 90 minutes away, Ko Chang is half a day away and IMHO Pattaya is a good place to live.

I have lots of decent ex-pat friends of all ages living in Pattaya and I would be bored living in Isaan.

Pattaya bashing is easy, but often the perpetrators are just frustrated with their own lives and refuse to seek out pleasures that they dare not even admit to themselves.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Libya, you say "Pattaya is fun" then why do you just post news clippings about murder, suicide and other depressing subjects?

he's just keeping it real. also serves as one-stop shop for the doom-and-gloomers to bone up before launching another futile pattaya bashing thread. before his news clips were mixed up in the regular posts which made it harder for the less 'puter literate to point and click the stories they wanted to read. Libya does a great job of posting the news headlines for both the haters and the TV'ers that are overseas.

Why Is Pattaya Such A Hole?

hmmm... why is CM*.* such an @sshole? :o

Hmm---Your Dutch surname?

Still looking for a secluded immobile rural place to escape the crappy climate in Pattaya?

Try 3 provences in the south.

Libya, you say "Pattaya is fun" then why do you just post news clippings about murder, suicide and other depressing subjects?

There is crime in every city of the world and it is important that it is reported.

I would be dishonest if I were not to post the truth about crime here, just because that I choose to live here.

Plus it helps warn future tourists and existing residents of the dangers. i.e. :Bargirls sometimes drugging punters, and risky drunken walks along Beach Road at 2.00 am. and dangling handbags full of cash off shoulders. etc. etc.

It helps people avoid being a future victim of crime.

Still looking for a secluded immobile rural place to escape the crappy climate in Pattaya?

Try 3 provences in the south.

touché CM! :D

i like the south very much and would have preferred to settle there because of rather easy access to Malaysia and the possibility of owning a holiday home in a malaysian mountainous area. however, the stupid insurgents down south prevented my original plans and (mainly because of my Missus) we opted for the "hole" Pattaya.

by the way, i am not dutch but a "bloody tchermann" :o

Maybe it's me, or a case of "different folks have different strokes".

Did I go to the wrong area?,Or is ALL of the city the "wrong area". Any nice parts to go to?

I see that you spend a lot of your TV time in the Chiangmai forum.

One of your recent posts stated: Cheap sex industry in Chiang Mai??? Where??, where?? WHERE??

Perhaps cheap sex is your main interest in life. Stick with Chiangmai, Pattaya is far too refined for your taste.

Unlike some of the respondents, I dont take offense to any negative comments about CM. I dont own the place, I just live here! In fact agree wholeheartedly with them, especially about the air pollution problem and Night safari. Can thank that genius Taksin for that(NS), not CM.

This thread was not created as a Pattaya bashing thread, Had just one understandable response SEX,SEX,SEX!!!! Call a spade a spade. If you canot get it naturally, and have to buy it, Pattaya is the place for you. Must keep the local STD clinics busy, and a good income for the doctors.

Pattaya is fun. I feel safer here than in my city of birth in the U.K. and the wide range of entertainment, shopping and restaurants available is excellent. Bangkok is just two hours away, the new airport is 90 minutes away, Ko Chang is half a day away and IMHO Pattaya is a good place to live.

I have lots of decent ex-pat friends of all ages living in Pattaya and I would be bored living in Isaan.

Pattaya bashing is easy, but often the perpetrators are just frustrated with their own lives and refuse to seek out pleasures that they dare not even admit to themselves.

I whole heartedly agree with this post. I too get bored shitless after a few days in a country town. Always nice to come back to Pattaya where all action, entertainment and fun is. I could keep a tourist going here for weeks on end by day and by night with the amount of things to see and do, cheers for now. :o

saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction??

Sex mate, most people these days gloss over it with comments like, Im here because I love the weather ect ect, but its sex, avalible sex.

When I first visited Pattaya could not find any sleazy bars or dirty beaches !! Because there was,nt ANY :D:o Nignoy

PS View of Pattaya in 1964

post-11182-1174602299_thumb.jpg

When I first visited Pattaya could not find any sleazy bars or dirty beaches !! Because there was,nt ANY :D:D Nignoy

C'mon, you haven't finished the story....

Pattaya was just a quiet, sleepy fishing village with a couple of shops and a few beautiful single women. Nignoy admired these women so much that he lured them away from their job of untangling fishing nets and introduced them to a farangs' way of having fun.

There was so much fun and frivolity that other farangs soon followed in Nignoy's footsteps and before long, fishing was a thing of the past and entertaining farangs was the way to go forward......and so we have Pattaya as it is today......thanks Nignoy. :o

Don't you wish that back in 1964, you had the vision to buy up as much waterfront land that you could? I wonder how many descendants from those original fishermen are muti-millionaires today?

One of the original mega-rich Pattaya Thais, was the guy who opened the Marine Bar. He then went on to own other discos and hotels.

Don't you wish that back in 1964, you had the vision to buy up as much waterfront land that you could? I wonder how many descendants from those original fishermen are muti-millionaires today?

One of the original mega-rich Pattaya Thais, was the guy who opened the Marine Bar. He then went on to own other discos and hotels.

MM, A lot of the original mega-rich Pattaya Thai family's made their initial money not through buying up waterfront land nor the entertainment industry but certainly funneled their profits of such into similar industries... :o

When I first visited Pattaya could not find any sleazy bars or dirty beaches !! Because there was,nt ANY :D:D Nignoy

C'mon, you haven't finished the story....

Pattaya was just a quiet, sleepy fishing village with a couple of shops and a few beautiful single women. Nignoy admired these women so much that he lured them away from their job of untangling fishing nets and introduced them to a farangs' way of having fun.

There was so much fun and frivolity that other farangs soon followed in Nignoy's footsteps and before long, fishing was a thing of the past and entertaining farangs was the way to go forward......and so we have Pattaya as it is today......thanks Nignoy. :o

Not Guilty!!the first bar was opened by a mamasan who followed the septics in from Utapao US base, a R and R hut for commonwealth troops was staffed there until 67 , by then it was over run with US forces they had even opened an STD clinic , so CRE put pattaya off limits for brits ,aussies and kiwi,s another R and R camp was opened near Bang Ket :D Nignoy

I've been to Pattaya once, about 6 years ago, went out of curiousity. Walked around for a while, and saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction?? Maybe it's me, or a case of "different folks have different strokes".

Did I go to the wrong area?,Or is ALL of the city the "wrong area". Any nice parts to go to?

No you didn't go wrong, and no, they aren't any nice parts.

From the Bangkok/Rayong highway in the East, to Bang Sarae in the South, and Laem Chabang in the North, the whole vast area is just one huge, great, decrepit sleaze ball of filth, degradation, moral turpitude.

Pattaya makes Sodom and Gomorrah look like a good place for a Sunday afternoon, family picnic.

My advice is to stay away forever, lest you become terminally infected.

so why are you still here if you hate the place so much? :o

I've been to Pattaya once, about 6 years ago, went out of curiousity. Walked around for a while, and saw nothing but filthy beaches and sleazy looking beer bars. stayed for four hours and left. So what is the attraction?? Maybe it's me, or a case of "different folks have different strokes".

No you didn't go wrong, and no, they aren't any nice parts.

From the Bangkok/Rayong highway in the East, to Bang Sarae in the South, and Laem Chabang in the North, the whole vast area is just one huge, great, decrepit sleaze ball of filth, degradation, moral turpitude.

(

Pattaya makes Sodom and Gomorrah look like a good place for a Sunday afternoon, family picnic.

My advice is to stay away forever, lest you become terminally infected.

so why are you still here if you hate the place so much? :o

Now, let me see... did I say I hate it?

Methinks not...

Just confirming the OP's worst fears.

At the very point where I am sitting now - some 15 kms East of Pattaya, the tranquil setting of the Mobi mansion is the epitome of good life in the Pattaya suburbs. For as far as the eye can see, there is nothing but drunken debauchery, perverted sex, and opium dens filled with drug crazed, disease ridden farangs, and their even filthier harlots. And Mafia gangs play 'chicken' with their mates in brown as they tear around the paddy fields on their shiny motorcycles, taking pot shots at each other, and doing irretrievable damage to passing palm trees.

Paradise indeed!

Lovely jubbly :D

'At the very point where I am sitting now - some 15 kms East of Pattaya, the tranquil setting of the Mobi mansion is the epitome of good life in the Pattaya suburbs. For as far as the eye can see, there is nothing but drunken debauchery, perverted sex, and opium dens filled with drug crazed, disease ridden farangs, and their even filthier harlots. And Mafia gangs play 'chicken' with their mates in brown as they tear around the paddy fields on their shiny motorcycles, taking pot shots at each other, and doing irretrievable damage to passing palm trees."

i always wondered who my next door neighbour is. now my curiosity is satisfied.

:o

I have to agree, pattaya beach is bad and you never see anyone swimming in the sea as its filthy but worst of all is the sleezey farang tourist going there for one reason only! now saying that i'm sure theres many lovely people there but around the bar scene your be lucky to find them. I went to Pattaya in january with two of my mates and we left after two nights we did plan on staying for two weeks. I couldn't wait to get back to BKK which most people think the same of, so it all comes down to what you said "different folks have different strokes".

The OP is bang on the money. Pattaya is a disgusting hole that the law has forgotten.

I do visit twice a year, for reasons I do not care to share, and I am driven to think that Thais must belive that western society is full of dirty individuals with gin blossoms, a morning cough, yellow fingers and weight problem.

How anybody can live there is beyond me. Bad traffic and EVERY Thai there sees every farang as dirt.

It may be fine to screw your head off, but to live...............

I have to agree, pattaya beach is bad and you never see anyone swimming in the sea as its filthy but worst of all is the sleezey farang tourist going there for one reason only! now saying that i'm sure theres many lovely people there but around the bar scene your be lucky to find them. I went to Pattaya in january with two of my mates and we left after two nights we did plan on staying for two weeks. I couldn't wait to get back to BKK which most people think the same of, so it all comes down to what you said "different folks have different strokes".

You can always go to New Brighton or Blackpool :D:o Nignoy

MM, A lot of the original mega-rich Pattaya Thai family's made their initial money not through buying up waterfront land nor the entertainment industry but certainly funneled their profits of such into similar industries... :o

Chopper, that would be true. It is the land owners who are the wise, money making Thais.

All they have to do is jack up the rents and put their feet up. It's the business owners who then have to jack up their charges and work harder in order to either pay those rents or go broke.

Land, land, beautiful land.....they don't make it any more.

You can always go to New Brighton or Blackpool :D:D Nignoy

The topic is about PATTAYA! :o

C'mon Pattaya is a wonderful place and serves Thailand well.

It keeps the vast majority of the farang "weird pensioners", perverts and drunks and the vast majority of the Thai criminal classes, away from us normal people. Every country should have a Pattaya. :o

I have lived in Pattaya for a year. It is a toilet. The best that can be done, is to insulate yourself against the smog, vermin, a$$hole Thais and more importantly the a$$hole Farangs. One only has to drive a few miles outside of the city to notice that things more slower, people don't drive quite like the maniac vermin they are, and things work a bit better.

Somewhere in the world God flushed the toilet and emptied the tank full of Russians into Pattaya. I used to think the Germans were rude but would gladly replace all the Igors with a German or two. The Russkies come here with pockets full of money but they sport little brains. I wonder how they made this money.

There is something about this place that seems to bring out the worst in everyone that comes here. The Thais are violent, the police rarely enforce important laws a good example of this is the ability to drive $hitfaced, crash your car, kill someone, and make a tit of yourself without ever being arrested.

I could go on - but I'm bored.