tourist visa

My Chinese wife who now lives in Australia  on a  820 visa needs a 30 day  tourist visa  on our return from Europe for our stay in Thailand. I have contacted  a few consulates in Europe and they seem to say the same thing that she needs to go back to China if she wants a 30 day visa for Thailand.

It does not make sense but wondering if anybody has any knowledge on this issue. It is a problem as our flight back from  Bangkok to Brisbane is 30 days from our entry back from Europe.

Chinese can only apply for visas in China or a country they have legal residence in.

A tourist visa allows a 60 day entry. Was she trying to apply for a transit visa that allows a 30 day entry.

She does qualify to get a 15 day visa on arrival that are free at this time. Perhaps the best option is to get the visa on arrival and then leave and re-enter the country to get another 15 days.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Chinese can only apply for visas in China or a country they have legal residence in.

A tourist visa allows a 60 day entry. Was she trying to apply for a transit visa that allows a 30 day entry.

She does qualify to get a 15 day visa on arrival that are free at this time. Perhaps the best option is to get the visa on arrival and then leave and re-enter the country to get another 15 days.

what do you mean by a 30 day transit visa?   i thought a transit visa was for  a few days at best.