Automated Ticket Dispenser

Hello!

I wonder if there is something like this available in Thailand, or indeeed, anywhere.

Put the money in.

Press the button/series of buttons.

Receive a ticket

Have change dispensed.

For example, you want spaghetti, you press 23, get your change and ticket and take it to the counter.

There must be something like it somewhere here...

Sure there is, in human form, but what about a machine!?

Automatic ticket dispensers are common in Europe and America.

A good example would be the tube ticket dispenser.

The real problem in thailand is the cost against the benefits.

The supers use these credit card type systems which are quite good and seem to work. They also do all the accounting for the sales and rental take.

You really need a high throughput to consider the investment and then the upkeep and the thai modification fees ( ie vat invoices etc).

Budget 20-30,000 US$ for the machine including some software development to convert to Thai use (you're going to need to order 20 machines to get the sofware development included in the price).

Then you need to pay someone to empty the cash vaults, top up the change hoppers and re-load the ticket roll. Of course you need to buy the consumables, ticket roll and printer roll (for the accounting printer).

Cute Thai lady is cheaper (and much nicer to look at) :o

I like the cute Thail lady idea :o

I have in mind just something simple. Perhaps the barcode thing was misleading. (I heard the scanners are available for 500 baht or so...!)

how about this sort of machine:

Put in correct money.

Press button 1

Get ticket for item number 1.

I think i could even make a machine like that by hand, so there must be something cheap like it on sale somewhere... Just to keep temptation away from staff...

Hello!

I wonder if there is something like this available in Thailand, or indeeed, anywhere.

Put the money in.

Receive a ticket

Have change dispensed.

This points sounds like buying ticket in the subway here. works just like this :o

Hello!

Put the money in.

Receive a ticket

Have change dispensed.

This points sounds like buying ticket in the subway here. works just like this :D

Or, you go and ask for change and they don't give you the right amount :o

RAZZ

Hello!

Put the money in.

Receive a ticket

Have change dispensed.

For example, you want spaghetti, you press 23, get your change and ticket and take it to the counter.

...that did work for me, but I wanted Ravioli, so I pressed 38, and the flaming stuff poured out all over my change AND my ticket (and my white tshirt) moral: dont trust machines!

There is a company called Coin Controls Ltd in Chadderton, Oldham UK, who can bespoke manufacture exactly what you describe.

Yep, know Coin Controls well, good stuff and their low-security kit is available at a reasonable price (probably half my original quoted price which aims at Metro style secure equipment).

It's the change and escrow systems that jack up the cost, add a bank-note validator ($6000 plus for a decent one from Mars Sodeco) and it becomes prohibitive.

You still need trustworthy staff to refill and service the machine though, and a backup system for when it goes tits-up (so that means buying two).

Automatic ticket dispensers are common in Europe and America.

A good example would be the tube ticket dispenser.

The real problem in thailand is the cost against the benefits.

The supers use these credit card type systems which are quite good and seem to work. They also do all the accounting for the sales and rental take.

You really need a high throughput to consider the investment and then the upkeep and the thai modification fees ( ie vat invoices etc).

Forgot to mention a few places in thailand the skytrain, the metro and also the old international airport with the exit tax machines.

But the real person is a better solution.