Good news! Thailand to scrap TM6 cards, launch new mobile app for TM30 reporting

webfact

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, tifino said:

so... they assume that Biometrics will look after,. and sweep up the dreggs later on Departure?   At least the TM6 addressed all aliens, and especially the tourists not in country long enough to need the TM30 hassles... 

one's Passport would feel naked, in the only country around that does not have a Departure Card init  

Which other countries in the area still have landing cards?

1 hour ago, Almer said:

A stapled or defaced page renders that page ineligible for a stamp, if you wish to question this go to the UAE 

Well, it's Immigration here who staples everything inside the passport. Like the 90 days report 4 times a year, or the TM6 at the airport. You are just a whiner. 

4 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Thailand does not need retirees.

Not wishing to get into an argument, but that statement shows very little understanding of how the actual, on-the-ground, Thai economy works.

In a country without any real social welfare net, western retirees inject money directly into villages and areas of the country that are not connected to the wealth networks of Thailand. They provide employment and direct support to families that would have had no other form of income. For at least half a century, the reliable flow of foreign money has kept segments of Thai society afloat that the Thai elites will never give a damn about.

Thailand is rich in resources but the elite have commandeered everything of value more effectively than the elite of almost any other non-communist country. The fact that the general Thai population is doing reasonably well, that fact that the disparities in wealth are not greater than they are, is largely down to the cumulative effect, over 50 years, of money being spent by westerners directly in communities.

You may consider that 300 baht spent on a meal, or that 1,200 baht on a dental check, or that 8,000 in rent to be trivial but, no, to the restaurant owner, and to the dentist, and to the condo owner, those things are important. The continued custom of the retirees you consider so insignificant is part of what keeps them in business, feeds their families, and helps fund whatever plans they have for the future.

Just to be clear, I am saying that there are swathes of Thai society whose prosperity is not tied to the generals and land-owning families. They will not benefit as the country as a whole becomes richer. They will not particularly benefit from the new mass tourism from China. They and the families they support survive on tough service industry jobs - restaurants, hairdressers, bars, hotels, massage, cleaning, sex workers, independent retailers etc - or being in a relationship with a farang. The elites may not "need" retirees, but the population they feed upon still does.

Retirees, in particular, are the linchpin. You can see that now, as the baht rises. Regular tourists can choose not to come, foreign business can choose to invest less, but retirees are more-or-less captive consumers.

As the money from western tourisms and foreign investment dips, the money spent by retirees becomes more important to local businesses and families, not less. The 10% of income that a small restaurant gets from retirees might be their entire profit, without which they go broke and everyone in the area loses that facility. Retirees are the safety net, the life-support that helps to get small local businesses and families through rocky times, and times are about to get very rocky indeed.

Yes, the civil servants with jobs-for-life in the Immigration Department may not understand this. Yes, the current gangsters in charge may be latching onto anti-western sentiment as a desperate substitute for democratic legitimacy. Yes, a young, dumb, hungover IO at Don Mueang who has never, himself, traveled abroad may derive some cruel sport from denying westerners entry to HIS country. But we have to recognize that all of these characters are f*cking idiots, with no ability to think through the longterm consequences of their actions.

We should, at least, aspire to be a tad smarter than that.

3 hours ago, SPREX said:

App working ready 1 months ago and correctly !!! 

Section 38 for  TM30 Adress reporting owner thai or foreigner 

eService TM47 90 days 

eTM6  boarding card arrival and departure 

I did all and do not need to visit immigration Office during 1 year until reniew visa

Where is your problem ?????? 

image.png.585f8be273eda13d8fb4c2a268422149.png

None of them work. That's our problem, as always, the same problem here.

That's why they do new ones...ratings speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, donnacha said:

Not wishing to get into an argument, but that statement shows very little understanding of how the actual, on-the-ground, Thai economy works.

In a country without any real social welfare net, western retirees inject money directly into villages and areas of the country that are not connected to the wealth networks of Thailand. They provide employment and direct support to families that would have had no other form of income. For at least half a century, the reliable flow of foreign money has kept segments of Thai society afloat that the Thai elites will never give a damn about.

Thailand is rich in resources but the elite have commandeered everything of value more effectively than the elite of almost any other non-communist country. The fact that the general Thai population is doing reasonably well, that fact that the disparities in wealth are not greater than they are, is largely down to the cumulative effect, over 50 years, of money being spent by westerners directly in communities.

You may consider that 300 baht spent on a meal, or that 1,200 baht on a dental check, or that 8,000 in rent to be trivial but, no, to the restaurant owner, and to the dentist, and to the condo owner, those things are important. The continued custom of the retirees you consider so insignificant is part of what keeps them in business, feeds their families, and helps fund whatever plans they have for the future.

Just to be clear, I am saying that there are swathes of Thai society whose prosperity is not tied to the generals and land-owning families. They will not benefit as the country as a whole becomes richer. They will not particularly benefit from the new mass tourism from China. They and the families they support survive on tough service industry jobs - restaurants, hairdressers, bars, hotels, massage, cleaning, sex workers, independent retailers etc - or being in a relationship with a farang. The elites may not "need" retirees, but the population they feed upon still does.

Retirees, in particular, are the linchpin. You can see that now, as the baht rises. Regular tourists can choose not to come, foreign business can choose to invest less, but retirees are more-or-less captive consumers.

As the money from western tourisms and foreign investment dips, the money spent by retirees becomes more important to local businesses and families, not less. The 10% of income that a small restaurant gets from retirees might be their entire profit, without which they go broke and everyone in the area loses that facility. Retirees are the safety net, the life-support that helps to get small local businesses and families through rocky times, and times are about to get very rocky indeed.

Yes, the civil servants with jobs-for-life in the Immigration Department may not understand this. Yes, the current gangsters in charge may be latching onto anti-western sentiment as a desperate substitute for democratic legitimacy. Yes, a young, dumb, hungover IO at Don Mueang who has never, himself, traveled abroad may derive some cruel sport from denying westerners entry to HIS country. But we have to recognize that all of these characters are f*cking idiots, with no ability to think through the longterm consequences of their actions.

We should, at least, aspire to be a tad smarter than that.

One of the best posts I ever read in this forum

On 9/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, kotsak said:

A new TM30 app?!

7in5.gif

Haven't you noticed, all the immigration apps are run by a developer with a gmail address. Now, I'm an IT consultant, so this is glaringly obvious to me. That being said, any idiot can set up a gmail address. Phuck, any idiot can set up a gmail address and pretend to be working for immigration. If you ever needed any more evidence of how grossly incompetent Thai immigration is, just digest for a moment, the fact they're not using immigration.go.th addresses. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt the apps are genuine, TiT after all, but you won't find me trusting any personal details to them.

9 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

So visitors will need a smart phone to be able to use this app, right?

I leave my phone at home, so how do I get to use this app?

Geezer

The same as the current situation, you can use the existing app, website, or visit an immigration office in person.

The TM30 app will be a replacement for the existing app and other methods of TM30 reporting will still be available.

Microfiche is outdated, you scan in the tm 6 and keep it electronically. Keep the paper copies for 3 years before destroying them. No storage problem. But I think they are not telling the full story. When I did my visa extension a few weeks ago the lady opened an app on her phone and then checked my tm 6 number against what was on her screen. So just maybe they are more advanced than what some may think.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nothing gets past you! Is it too late to edit my post to include (tic)?

3 hours ago, NilSS said:

Haven't you noticed, all the immigration apps are run by a developer with a gmail address. Now, I'm an IT consultant, so this is glaringly obvious to me. That being said, any idiot can set up a gmail address. Phuck, any idiot can set up a gmail address and pretend to be working for immigration. If you ever needed any more evidence of how grossly incompetent Thai immigration is, just digest for a moment, the fact they're not using immigration.go.th addresses. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt the apps are genuine, TiT after all, but you won't find me trusting any personal details to them.

What is so strange with contracting out the development of an app ?  Businesses and governments do it everyday, hire a company that makes apps to make an app for them.

If your core business isnt IT, makes sense to contract out IT projects, the same as contracting out having a building painted.

You are an IT consultant, thats your job, being contracted by others, why would you find it so wrong that Thai immigration used a 3rd party to make an app ?

You would be out of a job if organisations didnt use 3rd parties to do their IT.

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

None of them work. That's our problem, as always, the same problem here.

That's why they do new ones...ratings speak for themselves.

The app worked perfectly yesterday, the PC version,too.

You have to do it the exactly correct way, otherwise it won't work. 

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The same as the current situation, you can use the existing app, website, or visit an immigration office in person.

The TM30 app will be a replacement for the existing app and other methods of TM30 reporting will still be available.

The existing TM30 app is the new app. 

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

So visitors will need a smart phone to be able to use this app, right?

I leave my phone at home, so how do I get to use this app?

Geezer

You can use the website if you have a computer. Or visit an internet shop,there are places everywhere. Check out this link:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

23 hours ago, ravip said:

So the son of an immigration officer is running an (I believe) illegal AirBnB !! Amazing Thailand.

What makes you 'believe' its illegal? Is it because he was trying to report guests staying in his AirBnb?

Pray tell us how your beliefs are created.

Because airbnb is illegal in Thailand?

23 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I do agree with alx123. It doesn't matter what topic the threads are about, people at TVF are complaining about EVERYTHING.

95% of them doesn't even comprehend what they're reading,but still starts whining after the first post. Go figure. 

And you've been on the forum for less than two months. Glad to see you've figured it all out. 

Archived