Good news! Thailand to scrap TM6 cards, launch new mobile app for TM30 reporting

webfact

47 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

So what is the point of filling in a TM30 online. Are they going to have armies of Immigration officials driving around checking the validity of the information?

If they know what they're doing they should be able to cross reference a new TM30 report online with an existing TM30 report in the database if you're staying at the same address. Every province doesn't require a TM30 when coming back from another province.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is interesting to read and as confusing as always....
TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47...
This one you don't need to have, that one you have to but doesn't concern you... bla bla bla...

In this time of electronics... why don't they hand you an electronic card, having all relevant data, the moment you pass the immigration upon entering.

This card could then be the only ID required to carry around and all officials should be able to do their jobs...

You want to enter hotel ? use this card..

You need change adres ? use the card...

90 day reporting ? guess what... use the card...

leave the country ? hand in the card.. you receive a new one upon reentering...

The only place where as your card data can be changed is at the Immigration computer...

Only real officers can read your data, no more fake cops that try to extort tea money...

No more need to cary your passport and all those TM slips around anymore...

If you enter Thailand legit, you'l have a legit card... and the ease of only carying that around.

Think about the pro's and the ease and ad some of your own idea's... Think solution...

43 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47...
This one you don't need to have, that one you have to but doesn't concern you... bla bla bla...

In this time of electronics... why don't they hand you an electronic card, having all relevant data, the moment you pass the immigration upon entering.

This card could then be the only ID required to carry around and all officials should be able to do their jobs...

The only place where as your card data can be changed is at the Immigration computer...

Only real officers can read your data, no more fake cops that try to extort tea money...

If you enter Thailand legit, you'l have a legit card... and the ease of only carying that around.

Think about the pro's and the ease and ad some of your own idea's... Think solution...

Won't work. You can't take photo copies of a smart card.

6 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47...

Who are getting those cards? 

Every tourist? 30-40 million tourists when entering Thailand? Shall immigration at the airport create a profile on a card with hundreds of people waiting for their turn?

I don't think so. 

Every expat? That might be possible. But then, that's just like an ID-card. 

No country in the world have a card like that. 

What about a tourist from outside the EU visiting for example France or Germany. If he wants to extend his visa (if possible) I would guess he has to visit the local immigration office or the equivalent. 

Your idea will never work.

You don't need to carry your passport all the time, and there's only one TM6 stapled inside your passport any given time, and it will soon be scrapped anyway.

The TM28 has never been enforced,only Phuket immigration talks about it. The TM47 in most of the provinces is only used when doing the first 90 days report,and never again. That leaves only the TM30. Several immigration offices don't require it when coming back from another province. How many expats leaves the country on a regular basis? Less than most people think. Ordinary tourists doesn't have to think about any of this. They carry a TM6 in the passport,that's all. Then we have the rest of the pack. The "tourists" doing endless visa/border runs and applying for TR visas in every neighbouring country,(and then switching to phony ED-visas). Those are the ones complaining the most about rules and regulations. The ones "almost" never complaining are expats staying here long term. 

There will be changes, but there will probably never be 100% painless. But then again, who says life is easy?

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

So what is the point of filling in a TM30 online. Are they going to have armies of Immigration officials driving around checking the validity of the information?

When you present at immigration they check the online system for an entry. 

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The app worked perfectly yesterday, the PC version,too.

You have to do it the exactly correct way, otherwise it won't work. 

Yes very correct. If your guesthouse do not have an E-mail address stop with it, it is mandatory.

Also the address street name. My guesthouse have no street name, but able to put moo 9.

My guesthouse have no E-mail, lucky me.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
1 hour ago, Ratt Thai said:

Won't work. You can't take photo copies of a smart card.

They could implant a smart chip in your butt. You can take photocopies of your butt. 

9 hours ago, NilSS said:

Haven't you noticed, all the immigration apps are run by a developer with a gmail address. Now, I'm an IT consultant, so this is glaringly obvious to me. That being said, any idiot can set up a gmail address. Phuck, any idiot can set up a gmail address and pretend to be working for immigration. If you ever needed any more evidence of how grossly incompetent Thai immigration is, just digest for a moment, the fact they're not using immigration.go.th addresses. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt the apps are genuine, TiT after all, but you won't find me trusting any personal details to them.

If I had to guess, they probably lost the password for the immigration domain/email services years ago. I've also seen gmail addresses used by IOs themselves. It's a travesty. Just to make it worse... they also use facebook and line for official business. 

57 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

Yes very correct. If your guesthouse do not have an E-mail address stop with it, it is mandatory.

Also the address street name. My guesthouse have no street name, but able to put moo 9.

My guesthouse have no E-mail, lucky me.

We are not talking about people staying in a guesthouse or hotel. It's not your responsibility to submit a TM30 report as a guest there. So why are you even commenting my post? 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Every expat? That might be possible. But then, that's just like an ID-card. 

No country in the world have a card like that. 

Thai pink ID card for aliens, your ID number wil start with 6, meaning illegals and other temps. Last I checked Thailand is a country.

And most EU countries have a resident card too. This highlight the fact that the people who call themselves "expats" are just long term temporary stayers.

For temps, limit the stays to <90days, use their passport number. For >90days, require yellow thabian baan and pink id, use their Thai ID number. Simple.

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Thai pink ID card for aliens, your ID number wil start with 6, meaning illegals and other temps. Last I checked Thailand is a country.

And most EU countries have a resident card too. This highlight the fact that the people who call themselves "expats" are just long term temporary stayers.

For temps, limit the stays to <90days, use their passport number. For >90days, require yellow thabian baan and pink id, use their Thai ID number. Simple.

I agree, pink ID could be such an easy and workable solution. As you say after 3 months ID card replaces TM6, TM30, 90 day reports etc.

16 hours ago, Almer said:

Very good point you make sir, i think a pay as you go phone for this us in order

Good in theory. however you now need to produce your passport to get a Pay as you go sim,.

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You can use the pc version if you want. Exactly same function but not a mobile phone. Or do you think Immigration will trace your IP-address? 

And follow you on the Thaivisa forum, yes possibly if your visa is not renovated you know why, your pc or mobile phone is a spy on your pocket or home pc and you take care and pay money for, what can go wrong

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Makes it look like you're somewhere else through a different IP address.

Google it.

Yes you said right word, but it is only your impression, in reality the Thai police have bought from a company in Israel a very interesting application to follow the people that even a null in IT can use

11 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

And follow you on the Thaivisa forum, yes possibly if your visa is not renovated you know why, your pc or mobile phone is a spy on your pocket or home pc and you take care and pay money for, what can go wrong

So you think they will track your PC using the IP-address? A bit paranoid? Have you heard about VPN? And what has the visa to do with the TM30? I am not a border hopping tourist like you. 

Just now, ICELANDMAN said:

Yes you said right word, but it is only your impression, in reality the Thai police have bought from a company in Israel a very interesting application to follow the people that even a null in IT can use

In the immigration database they have my reported address and my phone number. Who needs to track me? I am not here incognito and I'm not paranoid like you.

19 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

So you think they will track your PC using the IP-address? A bit paranoid? Have you heard about VPN? And what has the visa to do with the TM30? I am not a border hopping tourist like you. 

I think you have a problem, my dear friend, offend you feel better now?

I would really like to see 90 day non-visa stays extended to a larger range of countries. I assume persons overstaying and working illegally are not equally represented in these countries (and isn't that the point of only allowing 30 day visas exemption, or am I missing something?):

*48 Countries allowed to enter Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Monaco, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam

If a country has a low number of breaches, surely they could be added to this list, which seems quite arbitrary.

Argentina (90 days)

Brazil (30 days and 90 days)

Chile (90 days)

Korea (30 days and 90 days)

Peru (30 days and 90 days)

If they want tourists, and they are well behaved and spend money, make it easier to enjoy a longer stay, for goodness sake. 3 months is especially attractive to retirees, who are also the least likely to offend, let's face it.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Max69xl said:

Why complain about the TM6 because of your travelling habits?

Many countries have some sort of arrival form and even a paper for customs. 

Yes Sir, and some countries dont even check papers on the way out. In Europe they simply do not have time for all this paper trail and bureaucracy (they are busy with other nonsense though) 

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Your idea will never work.

You don't need to carry your passport all the time, and there's only one TM6 stapled inside your passport any given time, and it will soon be scrapped anyway.

The TM28 has never been enforced,only Phuket immigration talks about it.

Interesting point of view, but i happen to have TM6, TM28,TM30 and TM47 slip in my passport... so my perspective might differ a bit from yours...
The only TM that makes sense is the TM6 anyway... coz it registers when you arrive in Thailand and when you do exit...
The TM6 nr is also used in any documents related to immigration paperwork...

So; imho, replace the TM6 with a datacard and of you go... you even can ad a travel insurance nr on the datastream to present the card when you go to the hospital... ( pay that fee when you enter Thailand )

For me, this would be a no brainer... keep your datacard up to date and live free of sorrows... 

But yeah, all those that arrive in Thailand by illegal means, they won't have a card...

Archived