Crown in pattaya

georgegeorgia

I know these posts get boring on dentists 

But need to know and im heading to pattaya in a few weeks

I need a crown as i just had a root canal in australia so need a crown to cover it plus...teeth whitening.

Is german dental any good or who do u reccomend

Can they do a root canal in the 2 weeks im staying?

Is that possible.

And aprox cost of crown to go over the front right upper tooth?

Cost of  root canal ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

I had work done at German Dentist and cannot fault them at all. Fair prices, and lovely fishtanks around.

I had two front crowns and a bridge...Bht 21,000 four years ago. Guaranteed for 10 years.

Edited by wgdanson

Take dental reviews here with a grain of salt. A lot of negative reviews tend to get deleted.  Probably because they are worried about Thailand defamation laws.  So you tend to only get positive reviews around here.

Edited by shdmn

12 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I had work done at German Dentist and cannot fault them at all. Fair prices, and lovely fishtanks around.

I had two front crowns and a bridge...Bht 21,000 four years ago. Guaranteed for 10 years.

They are quite a bit more expensive than other places.  Last time I was in there a few years ago they told me I needed to get my silver fillings replaced with crowns because they were old.  I went to a dentist back in my home country and they told me that was not necessary.  They said the existing fillings were still good and that I should not do anything.  It's been a few years now and I have not had any problems.

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

They are quite a bit more expensive than other places.  Last time I was in there a few years ago they told me I needed to get my silver fillings replaced with crowns because they were old.  I went to a dentist back in my home country and they told me that was not necessary.  They said the existing fillings were still good and that I should not do anything.  It's been a few years now and I have not had any problems.

Vorsprung Durch Teknik. Would you like an Audi or a Lada?    LOL

10-14 days is not enough for root canal and a crown. If some place will do it , it will be painful .

Usually it’s treatment every 5-7 days and need about 3-4.

root canal with crown and a pin 17000 baht. Before many places did without a pin for 12000.

i am guessing to many problems as now all do with a pin . If you refuse pin they offer no warranty at all. 

43 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Vorsprung Durch Teknik. Would you like an Audi or a Lada?    LOL

Says the guy who does not live here, has not been back here for several years, but still talks like he is an expert on the place.

Hooters charges what?  Like 500 baht for a beer or burger or something.  But, using your logic, because it cost so much more it MUST be much better than some other place that charges half the price for the same thing.

Edited by shdmn

A crown can easily be obtained within 2 weeks if no issues (they can be defective and need to be remade - been there).  But costs in Thailand are not cheap (about 15-25k for high grade gold/porcelain crown).  Root canal can take more than two weeks and normally requires a post to make stronger and will cost about the same total as the crown.

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

A crown can easily be obtained within 2 weeks if no issues (they can be defective and need to be remade - been there).  But costs in Thailand are not cheap (about 15-25k for high grade gold/porcelain crown).  Root canal can take more than two weeks and normally requires a post to make stronger and will cost about the same total as the crown.

Isn't that the main point of dental work in Thailand, its relatively cheaper than home country ? I have never known it to be more expensive than Australia for example, usually 30-50% of the Australian price, I presume the same for other western countries.

OP, it a little hard to give you definite prices. Depends on many factors, you mention its a front tooth so thats less root canal work than a molar, depend how much of your original tooth is still there as to whether you need pins etc.

In Thailand there are more expensive cosmetic dentists and there are normal dental clinics.

Most of the time (in a normal clinic) its at least 50% cheaper than Australia.

A 2 week time frame should be fine but would also depend a some factors, it could blow out if a mild infection, the dentist is busy etc

The dentist in the immigration soi is very good and well priced, but often a little busy as they are popular.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Root canal can take more than two weeks and normally requires a post to make stronger and will cost about the same total as the crown.

Well not really as a root canal usually then needs a crown to finish it off. I actually had he root canal done at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, then a crown at my regular dentist, as theirs was somewhat cheaper.

Edited by jacko45k