Pattayas newest hi-rise super project Grand Solaire

fforest1

a new gigantic AirBNB condo building full of Chinese tourists. 

Pattaya’s newest hi-rise super project "Grand Solaire" Features: Grand Solaire new high rise super-project!! 2 Towers featuring 3,600 units –Tower A is 67 floors / Tower B is 48 floors Enormous luxury development of 14.5 Rai / 23,200 square meters in land size offering unbeatable resort facilities Prime, convenient location -positioned on the corner of Thappraya Soi 15 & Thappraya Road

Get in early so you can snag a bargain 29 sqm hotel room for 100,000 GBP, you'll only have to wait until the middle of 2023 for completion. I'm sure you'll get on well with your 3,600 neighbours, very exclusive. Should be interesting to watch this one in the current climate.

I like how the website says the project will be in 'the heart of Pattaya'.  I'm not even sure it's in the heart of Jomtien.  (Marge, I thought we were suppose to be able to walk to Central Festival and Pattaya Beach!  Where in tarnation are we?!).  Another condo in name only instant hotel with 3600 rooms to join all the others in town.   And the regular hotels wonder why their bookings are down. 

Early bird promotional pricing for the 29 sqm 1 bedroom units are now as follows:
5-17th floor - 2.999m THB
18-31st floor - 3.199m THB
32-37th floor - 3.49m THB
All units will also come with a standard furniture

There are 113 condos for sale in Grand Solaire available from ฿1,689,000 to ฿378,000,000

The median list price in Grand Solaire is ฿ 4,786,863. The median list price per square meter in Grand Solaire is ฿ 122,091 per sqm, which is 87.6% higher than the Pattaya median of ฿ 65,080 per square meter, and 87.1% higher than the Chonburi median of ฿ 65,259 per square meter.

Room types / prices

There are 113 condos for sale in Grand Solaire available from ฿1,689,000 to ฿378,000,000
Type
Size
Average price
Studio
22 m2
For sale: ฿ 2,199,000 (5 units)
no units for rent
1 Bedroom
29 m2
For sale: ฿ 3,864,417 (45 units)
no units for rent
2 Bedrooms
50 m2
For sale: ฿ 6,747,333 (54 units)
no units for rent
3 Bedrooms
99 m2
For sale: ฿ 21,681,000 (1 unit)
no units for rent

This goes to show, that astronomical amounts of money sloshing around "looking for a home".
- Cash: No yield.
- Bonds: No yield.
- Stocks: Looking "toppish".
- Gold: Too volatile.
- New Business venture: Worldwide market saturation of everything.

So: Let's invest in "concrete-gold". Even if it crashes, it will recover eventually. Next time around, it might take 50 years. Nevermind. Concrete Gold is the new investement religion.

PS: Some that have bought into "concrete-gold" in Pattaya, may have problems selling their "concrete-gold" at the hoped for price.
Things that are connected to: "Once Farangs disembark at BKK airport, that's where they leave their brains". Heard of this before?

3 minutes ago, swissie said:

This goes to show, that astronomical amounts of money sloshing around "looking for a home".
- Cash: No yield.
- Bonds: No yield.
- Stocks: Looking "toppish".
- Gold: Too volatile.
- New Business venture: Worldwide market saturation of everything.

yes, there are hugemongerous masses of money seeking investment, and it's only getting worse.

number one culprits though are western old people and their retirement funds. and more and more money will keep pouring in.

that's why I can't afford to drop out of the stock market.

I'm terrified, but I have to stay in.

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Are the other 3487 condos' sold already?

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Pattaya’s newest hi-rise super project "Grand Solaire" Features: Grand Solaire new high rise super-project!! 2 Towers featuring 3,600 units –Tower A is 67 floors / Tower B is 48 floors

15 hours ago, kinyara said:

Get in early so you can snag a bargain 29 sqm hotel room for 100,000 GBP, you'll only have to wait until the middle of 2023 for completion. I'm sure you'll get on well with your 3,600 neighbours, very exclusive. Should be interesting to watch this one in the current climate.

Especially with the hanging of thousands of underwear drying outside the windows.. 

15 hours ago, kinyara said:

May be endin full of dust instead of tourists if government cannot boost in investments and marketing + good decisions to please the "good guys" instead of hassling them... 

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I am not sure but I think this maybe the largest project ever built in Pattaya..There maybe bigger in Jomtien?.....Maybe you guys know?

Personally I would like to see that other monstrosity resolved that has been an eyesore for years and seems to be going nowhere. I mean of course The Waterfront.. what is going on with that? Past history should make starting another an unwise move!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the actual status of this project in terms of construction?  Anything up on the land yet?

I'll be one to bet -- it never gets built or completed as planned....

I am with you on that. What has happened to Copacabana on beach road jomtien?? This place was suppose to be 59 floors high, with many condos

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the actual status of this project in terms of construction?  Anything up on the land yet?

I'll be one to bet -- it never gets built or completed as planned....

I drove past today to see exactly where it was as I've never paid much attention to the Soi numbers, couldn't look too closely as I had one Chinese tour bus trying to cut in front of me and one steaming up my rear. The land appeared to have been cleared and some action on ground but it was a bit obscured by the advertising hoarding fronting it on Thappraya Road. ( Just before the old Manhattans restaurant building ). Hard to think of many worse places traffic wise to build what must be the biggest place in town, I guess my u-turn coming up from the beach opposite the law court and back down the hill will be consigned to history. Unless there is some back entrance out to Pattaya 3rd road I would have thought the marketing blurb's claim of easy access to Soi Buakow and Central Pattaya will be verging on extreme optimism in 3 years time.

Five or so years ago there was still some sort of logic to the condo market in Jomtien. Forget the expensive, luxury units and build lots of small, 25 or 30 sqm, bog-standard units for 999,000 Baht each and then sell them to Russians as holiday homes (e.g. Laguna Beach 2, Dusit Grand Park, and others east of Jomtien Second Road). With the decline of the Rouble this model seems to have been adapted for the Chinese market, as shown by Supalai Grand Mare on Thepprasit, where many units are owned by absentee Chinese. With 29 sqm units in this latest building going for 3 million Baht++, they seem to have thrown that model away, who on earth are the customers going to be?

Archived