Early retirement visa, how I did it 2019

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it can be done at Jomtien. 

You need at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it when you apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

Not complicated if you already have the 800k baht in the bank with proof it came from abroad or proof of 65k baht income.

What if the 800k is savings in Thai bank from previous employment in Thailand and not from abroad?

If a fresh 800k from abroad is required, would it have to be seasoned or just deposited day before visa conversion.

2 minutes ago, mirtl said:

What if the 800k is savings in Thai bank from previous employment in Thailand and not from abroad?

If could show proof it was was legally earned from working here it would be accepted.

3 minutes ago, mirtl said:

If a fresh 800k from abroad is required, would it have to be seasoned or just deposited day before visa conversion.

It only has to be in the bank on the day you apply for the non immigrant visa.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, mercman24 said:

so what do you want, a medal,  or someone with a brain will pay 12,500, to an agent and save 787,500 and no 400,00  in the bank,  gets exactly the same as you, wake up,  the whole country is corrupt its just a commodity, imagine you see  a CAR it costs 800,000 baht but you can get it for 12,500, now let me ponder a while, NO i am going to pay 800,000 as it makes me feel better , lol  best of luck with that one.

This Law Firm told me that it would cost minimum 25000 baht

DA4DE69E-B9C5-49E3-A6E8-AF4F76DF28A3.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes it can be done at Jomtien. 

You need at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it when you apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

Not complicated if you already have the 800k baht in the bank with proof it came from abroad or proof of 65k baht income. It requires 2 trips to immigration about 2 weeks apart to get the visa and entry stamps.

"At least" 15 days.  I know of one office that asks for 21 days.  Must be a lot of business!

On 9/25/2019 at 11:12 AM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, but don't feel stupid that you were not aware of that option.  The thai Visa jungle is difficult to navigate, and I admire how you managed it.

But indeed with a Non Imm OA retiree Visa there is no need for up to 2 years to park 800.000 THB in a thai bank-account.

And after that time you can simply re-apply for such a Visa in your home-country, so there will never be a need for the money-in-bank method or the complex proof-of-income method. 

An additional minor advantage is that with such a Visa, there is also no need for re-entry permits during the 1 year validity of the original Visa.

Maybe something to consider when you make a trip to your home-country?

and also the need for insurance with an O-A

15 minutes ago, flexomike said:

and also the need for insurance with an O-A

Obviously since Oct 31 with the new health-insurance requirement, the OA Visa has lost much of its attractiveness.

The reason I reposted this thread is that the OP explained how he applied for a Non Imm O Visa.

And that process is relevant for those who now want to switch from an OA to an O Visa.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, Mapguy said:

"At least" 15 days.  I know of one office that asks for 21 days.  Must be a lot of business!

Several offices don't have dedicated desks for Change of Visa. Jomtien has, Desk 7. Normally you collect your passport next day after 2pm.