Quality Motorbike Gear

RyeRye

Hi ya all,

I am looking for a shop that sells quality (not fake) motorbike gear (Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Protectors...you get the idea:) and has a good selection. Location somewhere close to Suan Luang area would be preferable. I heard about Paddock but its kind of far away from where I am. Also read about 320SP but its even further and I was told it has a lot of fake products (true?). I also saw some post regarding motorbike gear...however those posts were already several years old.

Thx!

Depends on your budget

High budget: Pandarider

Low budget: 320sp

Paddock has products of both worlds, but it's a quite small shop. But i bought an HJC helmet for a very good price a while ago, so you might want to check this out for promotions.

I don't think 320sp is selling fakes, they are just selling the cheap stuff and not the fancy brands.

If for example 6000 baht for a jacket is within your budget i would recommend to check stuff from "rev'it" (at Pandarider), the price to value is quite good

I don't understand your proximity requirement. If you want to buy proper bike gear you do that like once a year tops? Shouldn't matter much if you have to take public transport to some place in BKK for 30min or even an hour. You might want to compare the inventory of a few shops anyways. Better spend a bit of time and get the gear that fits you 100%. It might be a more expensive brand, it might be a cheaper brand. Don't rush this if you plan to wear it all the time. Good on you for looking for quality gear though!

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

Depends on your budget

High budget: Pandarider

Low budget: 320sp

Paddock has products of both worlds, but it's a quite small shop. But i bought an HJC helmet for a very good price a while ago, so you might want to check this out for promotions.

I don't think 320sp is selling fakes, they are just selling the cheap stuff and not the fancy brands.

If for example 6000 baht for a jacket is within your budget i would recommend to check stuff from "rev'it" (at Pandarider), the price to value is quite good

+1 on panda rider, good selection and also good range of sizes in stock i've always found.

22 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I don't understand your proximity requirement. If you want to buy proper bike gear you do that like once a year tops? Shouldn't matter much if you have to take public transport to some place in BKK for 30min or even an hour. You might want to compare the inventory of a few shops anyways. Better spend a bit of time and get the gear that fits you 100%. It might be a more expensive brand, it might be a cheaper brand. Don't rush this if you plan to wear it all the time. Good on you for looking for quality gear though!

the proximity requirement is more of a preference....why not find out if there is anything closer that people can recommend...However, will try Pandarider and Paddock this weekend...will report back.

Thank you all for your comments!

I'd say Paddock and Panda are the best for choice. If you don't care what the gear looks like as long as it works, then look closely at anything they have on sale / discounted / stock clearance. Sometimes that is good value. Bear in mind the climate here accelerates deterioration of rubbers and glues so even if you buy expensive brand gear, it may not last. I bought some fancy Sidi Vertigo boots at Paddock for 12000 maybe three years ago, to wear on longer rides outside Bangkok. I hardly ever go out of Bangkok now so they've done maybe 10 trips - last trip both the soles came unglued. The boots live in the house, in a room with a/c on much of the time, so not much humidity or UV. Pretty disappointing. By contrast some Gaerne urban riding ankle boots (like armoured Converse) I bought at Panda six years ago for I think 5000 are still going strong after a lot of use and abuse.

The deterioration issue that BKKBike09 raises is a big one for me. I also had various jackets, boots etc that fell apart within a relatively short time without being used all too much because they have some material that just disintegrates by itself. Usually some rubbery material or fake leather. A Revit jacket for example had this black section of rubbery material around the edge of the collar. Broke into small pieces that stuck to my neck. Super annoying. Especially because this "quality" gear is rather expensive. My 12k THB Shark Helmet also has this problem where the underside of it has a material that I guess when dry breaks into pieces. I can peel it off and keep using the helmet but still annoying. Now my TCX boots have started doing that too ????

I went to visit pandarider this weekend. I got a full outfit (Helmet, jacket, riding jeans, boots, gloves, back protector) all at a reasonable price and in good quality. All the gear I got are CE certified (garment and protectors), the helmet had a sharp 5 rating (also ECE 22.05). Staff was real nice, even though English was a bit of a problem. However, I managed with some google translate. All in all a positive experience. 

Yes my Shark helmet does the same, underside is peeling off.

Dainese motorbike boots, sole came almost off on one boot I discovered when stopping for lunch and it was flopping like a flip-flop sandal, <deleted>! Had both soles glued back on again at a little local shoe repair shop and so far so good. 

Gloves are literately rotting away while you ride and sweating a bit. 

I have problems finding good motorbike gear in Pattaya; helmets-boots-gloves are generally stocked for Thais and I can't fit them, too big all over, ha-ha. 

I've bought 3 pairs of boots from Paddock and the soles fell off all of them. One pair lasted 3 rides.

By far the best quality stuff I have bought in Thailand is Dainese on Pradit Manutham Road. Great quality, comfy and durable. Staff are helpful as well. 

320SP is good if you want stuff that is cheap and cheerful. Not genuine but OK quality.

Rev'It stuff is OK, it is durable but not as comfy as Dainese. The grade of leather is not as good. 

Archived