Why did you choose to retire to Thailand?

zhounan

On 9/26/2019 at 12:57 AM, Colabamumbai said:

It was a nice country years ago, people still smiled, the Baht was low, it was not such a tourist destination, now it is time to consider other options, with clean beaches and little tourism.

Good luck with that, the amount of <deleted> floating around the oceans washes up

everywhere, and maybe people would smile more if they had more money at their disposal.

The picture is from LomSak, Phetchabun which I believe is technically Isan. It is on the western edge though. The road from Phitsanulok to Udon goes through Lomsak. It's a very pretty mountainous place and I hope to revisit soon. 
It's definitely not Northern (Lanna) Thai because the people generally speak Lao Isan. People ask where I'm from in Thailand because I have a Northern Thai accent, I guess.

IMG_2682.JPGIMG_2672.JPG. We stayed near Petch Nearly froze at nigh, yeh , much Thai Lao spoken.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

Thanks to all the intelligent users of this forum who answered sincerely and without sarcasm to a legitimate curiosity of mine. I appreciated so many answers, it was interesting to read your experiences guys.

Unfortunately, not as interesting were the answers of many idiots, who do not know why they should waste their precious time writing their silly comments. The question was asked with the utmost courtesy and no ironic intention, so only equally serious answers were requested. I am not surprised that idiots also exist here, because this place too is a mirror of the percentage of idiocy found in real life. It also seems to me that in this forum you don't give Truepoints for every message you leave, so I really don't understand why you're wasting your time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Because I cant legally work so I do like retired people do. Gardening, surfing the web and taking care of my kid. 

Gardening is a form of art and taking care of own kid is the most emotional thing.