Convert 60-Day Tourist Visa to Type O: Materials Needed / TM-30 Required?

First off: this site has been incredibly helpful to me as I prepare to get my Thai Retirement Extension.

Background: Tried to get a Type O on a recent trip to Australia but as I'm not Australian, no go.  Got a 60-day tourist visa instead.  I've been in Thailand since August last year, first on a work visa, and now moving towards the retirement visa.  No overstay issues, no land-crossings, clean immigration record.

While I've read that it's possible to change the 60-day to a Type O, despite reading posts on it here I'm still not completely clear on what's needed in terms of paperwork.

Here's what I think is required:

Passport

Proof of money in the bank.  I've got the 800,000 baht but it will only be aged at about 30 days when I apply for the Type O. (I've got proof of the money coming from the USA from my bank), as well as transfer receipts, etc.)

I've read I'll need an updated bankbook, and is a letter from the bank required?

Photos

TM 86 form

60-day expires on Nov 10, so I plan on starting this process the week of October 7.  I'm in Bangkok so I'd go to CW, correct?

Where I'm not clear: Address while living in Thailand.

I'm staying with a Thai friend at a private residence.  What do I need?  A letter from him indicating I'm staying there?  If not, what?  

Anything else beyond what I've covered above?

Also: once I get the Type O Visa, do I have to do the TM30 reporting?  I'm not sure when exactly that requirement kicks in.  Some clarification here would be helpful.

I appreciate any information that will help me accomplish this task.

Thank you!

General requirements for doing the non immigrant visa application is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Some offices may want more than 15 day remaining on your 60 day entry or the 30 day extension.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the date you apply. There is no requirement for it to be in the bank for 30 days.

You will need proof you are living living in Bangkok. You will need a statement from your friend stating you are living with them. If they are Thai you will need a copy their house book and ID card if they own the property. If not the owner a rental agreement will also be needed.

You will need a TM30 form to submit when you do the application. Have your friend complete the form.

• Thanks 1