Corbyn says priority is preventing no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

You are dreaming if you think Corbyn's credibility is higher than Boris'.

Labour are currently enelectable, Corbyn knows it and that is why done an enormous U turn.

No bottle indeed.

Oh, I’m just looking at the facts. What Corbyn does is in line with what he says. What Johnson does is not in line with what he claims. Again, no surprise here. We know him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

Oh, I’m just looking at the facts. What Corbyn does is in line with what he says. What Johnson does is not in line with what he claims. Again, no surprise here. We know him. 

So many people seem to claim to "know Boris" - he must have sooooo many Facebook friends.

We know Corbyn as well, and his track record is well known by the electorate.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

So many people seem to claim to "know Boris" - he must have sooooo many Facebook friends.

His record is there for all to see. Sacked as a journalist for lying. Censured by the Supreme court for lying and now embroiled in at least 2 sex for favours scandals. Sex that he paid for with GLC money and Treasury money. Are you happy to pay for him to earn the title of "Bonking Boris"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

What a load of tosh, Boris wants an election to get us out of the EU, the last thing he wants is to get an extension so we have stay longer than is necessary.

And I want to be rich; the last thing I want is to work. He will have to make a decision what is more important for him. Otherwise stop whining. 

When Boris came riding in the House of Commons like a Montana cowboy yesterday, Corbyn was hiding behind a tumbleweed like a wounded cayote.

Corbyn will have an election when Len McClusky says he can.

Quite amusing how Brexiteers since three years alienate the people they expect to solve their problems, whether it’s the EU or the opposition. You need to build bridges and offer compromises when you want something from others. Otherwise stop whining. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I gave up watching this video simply because it was worse than 4 year old children at a kindergarten.

We pay over £70,000 a year plus perks for each of them, and this is the way they act?

Yep. One Labour MP asked the Speaker if a reform of the rules of parliamentary decorum could be revised. The world looks in on these debates. A complete embarrasment.

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And I want to be rich; the last thing I want is to work. He will have to make a decision what is more important for him. 

Quite amusing how Brexiteers since three years alienate the people they expect to solve their problems, whether it’s the EU or the opposition. You need to build bridges and offer compromises when you want something from others. 

Moggy told the house, last night, that he would be asking for a recess for the Tory Party conference today, during wich he decided to snipe at and make fun of the SNP because they wouldn't be getting a recess for their conference. So that's 35 votes he won't be getting for his recess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Yeah, OK. If Labour are smart and then change leader, plus hold off an election till then OK. But that would require a new leader to emerge with guts and popularity to make it happen and that seems sadly far off, as Momentum seems to be controlling things at the moment, with the union bosses towing the line as they have been promised the levels of power from the past. Problem is, this isn't going to fly with the general public in most cases. If there was a leadership change then, yes, many would go for it ... but Corbyn is not the man for the job and lacks wide scale appeal in the general public and isn't your average hardworking guys choice on a lot of fronts. He (Corbyn) is a threat on lots of fronts, like taxing of the giving money to your kids, bettering yourself through hard work, owning more than one house, taxes in general ... that sends a shiver down many a person's spine on all political fronts as it invalidates the idea of you working hard to better yourself and help your family and a lot of folks are scared of that.

If Labour stick to this 70s communism stuff them I'll vote Tory, not that I really like them but they are the lesser evil to be honest and Swinson has lost her mind, so a lib dem vote is out of the question. It is sad that the only reasonable vote is a Tory one at the moment and I never thought I'd be in this position. The lunatics have taken over the asylum to be honest. Guess the only other option is to abstain but I don't recommend that to anyone as the apathy party often lets in the wrong people to power.  

There is nothing inherently wrong with a moderate Labour center-left/ Conservative center-right government of any hue or a mix of both depending on the issue which would mean a center government ... but it seems we are a long way off from either and I don't pretend to know the answers to everything. I will just comment that the extremes of both sides only offer failure, in truth, and that all political roads eventually lead back to the middle ground. Most people are a little center-left or a little center-right depending on the subject ... so, for example, center-left on social services/healthcare (NHS) or general liberty/privacy and maybe center-right on economy and law enforcement. Most normal people are a mix of the two. 

Well, for what that's worth ... my 2 pence.

They  should  put the black mathematician in charge, that would  sort  it  all out ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's old and out of date and not relevant to the current Brexit situation. Time for a fresh one.

But you choose to reference Boris' tenure as Mayor of London................................ that is current ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

But you choose to reference Boris' tenure as Mayor of London................................ that is current ?

Bang up to date, mate. Johnson is currently being investigated for at least 2 projects that he was involved with in his time as mayor of London, when contracts were awarded to his girlfriend. Was mentioned in parliament last night. Bang up to date.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Bang up to date, mate. Johnson is currently being investigated for at least 2 projects that he was involved with in his time as mayor of London, when contracts were awarded to his girlfriend. Was mentioned in parliament last night. Bang up to date.

but  <deleted>  all to do with brexit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Balls and after that ? another another another. Stick to the vote love it or  not, otherwise goodbye democracy.

How many times has it been said? Parliamentary Democracy in the UK. Up to MPs to take the UK or not. Not the people. Johnson has just been thwarted from trying to destroy the real Democracy in the UK, Parliamentary democracy and the soveriegnty of Parliament.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

wow really, so that exit  VOTE was  irrelevant then, good, glad I understand it  now.

Not irrelevant, advisory. The public gave their advice to government as to how they would like to proceed. The government is duty bound to consider that advice, then accept it or reject it as they see it in the best interests of the country.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not irrelevant, advisory. The public gave their advice to government as to how they would like to proceed. The government is duty bound to consider that advice, then accept it or reject it as they see it in the best interests of the country.

.... and they are trying, but every other b4stard in parliament, and beyond, is trying to prevent that.

• Like 2