Xbox one cant join/find matches/games

S35owl

I am trying to get my xbox one working online, I can connect to the online gaming but cannot (very seldom) join games. I am sure it is all related to port forwarding and having a static IP address (NAT is often showing as moderate). However, I have spent numerous hours trying to fathom it out using guides on the internet. I am with 3BB and would really appreciate it if anyone in the Pattaya / Jomtien area could help me. I've tried asking 3BB but they are not any hep with configuring the router for online gaming.

any real help would be much appreciated

Just viewed your post. I started gaming 4 years on PS4 with 3BB 30/10 vdsl and now have 200/200 fiber. Never had issues with 3BB internet when gaming or streaming US TV. I never had to make any changes to the router, just connected a LAN, set-up the ID and password on the PS4, then under "internet settings" let PS4 connect to the network. PS's nearest Server to Thailand is in Singapore and my connection speed thru that Server to Chicago US is generally 140+/70+.  What speed package do you have? If you are able to stream videos from overseas, then you should have no issues with 3BB, if your Xbox is set-up correctly. 

Just remember that whichever game you're playing, you are first routed to the nearest MS server to your location, then to your games nearest server. Depending where this server is located, the time-zone difference, the popularity of the game and number of players online can have an effect.

Hi, many thanks for your response. I do stream movies and sports no problem, I’m in a condo so the maximum speed I can get with 3BB is 18 download. 

I just cannot understand it, it seems to suggest my NAT is the problem but I’ve opened DMZ but it doesn’t help.

i am in Pattaya and really would like someone who knows what they are doing to take a look, I have tried to hire IT guys here but communication is a barrier.

am stuck lol

Archived