Fury of Brexit 'inferno' lays bare a divided United Kingdom

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Is that your arbitrary opinion or references to facts? 

Facts.

Who takes Trump or Boris seriously? Who? (apart from their own lumpenproletariaat)?

Only one problem: what will they do next in their egocentric madness?

Not that I care what happens to the US or UK, but the whole world could suffer from this madness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Facts.

Who takes Trump or Boris seriously? Who? (apart from their own lumpenproletariaat)?

Only one problem: what will they do next in their egocentric madness?

Not that I care what happens to the US or UK, but the whole world could suffer from this madness.

So you can't refer to any facts, is that what you're saying? It's all empty words?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

So you can't refer to any facts, is that what you're saying? It's all empty words?

I will admit that Bolsonaro takes Trump seriously, and that Poetin thinks he is a usefull fool.

I will admit that Rees Smugg takes Bojo seriously, and that Farage thinks he is a usefull fool.

But that's about it.

DEAL?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

I will admit that Bolsonaro takes Trump seriously, and that Poetin thinks he is a usefull fool.

I will admit that Rees Smugg takes Bojo seriously, and that Farage thinks he is a usefull fool.

But that's about it.

DEAL?

So you're incapable of referring to facts? None whatsoever? You're all empty words?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forethat said:

This thread isn't about Trump. Go to any of the many Trump threads to see him torn apart and exposed for the  racist facist that he is.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

What a mess. Can somebody who follows politics a bit more closely than me summarise what will happen now, after the Supreme Court's ruling?
On a day of Her Majesty's choosing, Boris Johnson will be taken to Tower Hill, where he will be hung, drawn and quartered.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No. And. Not if the referendum is first.

The reason I don't see that happening is that a second referendum on Brexit can only happen if it is supported by the government. I doubt the current government will want to do that.

• Like 1

I don't know if the UK is going to leave or stay, but either way the ramifications are going to resonate and reverberate in the UK for at least a generation (I would guess longer). What will happen the day after the final decision, whatever that is, occurs? Is there going to be acceptance? Societal agreement? Inter-country harmony? Street riots? The beating of foreigners? 

No matter what happens, it will be of utmost importance that the UK, should it continue to exist, achieve a degree of social harmony and cohesion quickly in order to deal with the challenges ahead. And, the challenges ahead will be huge. Really huge.

Are the UK's current political leaders capable of re-establishing political unity and social harmony? Sadly, it doesn't look that way to me.

This is probably the most important news article I have seen in the last few years, and one that all players in the current debate should read carefully.

Very carefully.

Continued political volatility adds to potential negative risk re inward investment and downward pressure on Sterling. Continued disruption...might be worth looking at political stalemate in Belgium over a number of years and how it has played out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The reason I don't see that happening is that a second referendum on Brexit can only happen if it is supported by the government. I doubt the current government will want to do that.
Opposition across the aisles have the numbers to form a temp govt to boot Boris aside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Opposition across the aisles have the numbers to form a temp govt to boot Boris aside.

You think a formal notion of no confidence will be issued and an alternative government will hold a second referendum? They could do that. IF remain wins there will be an interesting GE in 2022 and I don't think L and LD are going to like the result. In such case Brexit is on the table again. Just a thought. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Forethat said:

No. It can only happen if it is supported by the majority in the house. The government doesn't have that majority, the opposition do. However, at the moment, I don't think the opposition have sufficient unity to get that bill through the house.

• Like 1