Dodgy Visa Stamps

Has anyone any experience with regard to entering thailand again, after having old dodgy visastamps in their passports from a previopus visit? Even with a new pasport from their homecountry? Are you in the clear if you enter with a new last name, full name even?

I have read all posts from last fall, but are unsure if the problem still excist. My friend is very unsure if she can enter safely, even though she has since gotten a new clean passport. All feedback is greatly appriciated!

The advice to obtain a tourist visa in her home country is by far the best and safest route..

I do know that the 'old' issue of the B81 (or was it B01) stamps that were forged Malaysian stamps that caused a big issue down here in Phuket we 'solved' by obtaining a new clean passport...

I actually had a legitimate stamp in my passport of the same veriaty as the forged ones and was refused clearance at Ranong... I went pack to Padangbaser and did an in and out and made him sign the old stamp and next time Ranong accepted it... The way I was explained this by a Visa 'agent' was that Ranong simply would not trust Padangbasser stamps even if they were legit or not !!!! Simply stay calm.. Dont argue.. Waste another day to Malay border instead !!!

Also the words above about new arrivals not really knowing what or how to get these things processed legally is very very true..

Thank you, that will be my advise to her. I'd rather she stay clear of Thailand than risk getting busted at the border. If a thai consulate issues her a new touristvisa, they would have checked for any irregularities, so there will be no surprises on entry.

Thank you, that will be my advise to her. I'd rather she stay clear of Thailand than risk getting busted at the border. If a thai consulate issues her a new touristvisa, they would have checked for any irregularities, so there will be no surprises on entry.

Not strictly true .

As my non imm o was isued in front of me with no obvious checks being made (ie pc etc) But i suppose all Thai consulates and Embassys in different countrys have there own policies when procesing .