Director defends "military behaviour" activity at Krabi school

webfact

Director defends "military behaviour" activity at Krabi school

6pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

The director of a school in Krabi in southern Thailand has been forced to explain after pictures were posted on Facebook of children apparently being forced to lie on a hardcourt in the baking sun as part of "behavioral training". 

It appeared to many netizens that military men were involved in the over the top activity. 

Director Sumith explained that the exercise happened at a camp with some military cadets, not regular soldiers, helping out with the activity.

It was early morning, not in the heat of the day and the activity soon moved inside a building, he said. 

He also blamed the Facebook post on a disgruntled student who was angry about having points deducted at the camp for various transgressions. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-27

wake up snowflake it was a training camp, i had worse than that happen to me when i was at school. good old days when you didnt answer back,  got the cane, learnt to respect authority, got a bash from the local cop, now all we hear oh *its child abuse*

10 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

wake up snowflake it was a training camp, i had worse than that happen to me when i was at school. good old days when you didnt answer back,  got the cane, learnt to respect authority, got a bash from the local cop, now all we hear oh *its child abuse*

It was child abuse when it was performed on you and it's child abuse now.

It's long been proved in the West that education through encouragement and reward is far more effective than education through fear and beatings.

This is no longer the 19th century, we're in the 21st century now, though you might have a hard time convincing Thais of that.

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was child abuse when it was performed on you and it's child abuse now.

It's long been proved in the West that education through encouragement and reward is far more effective than education through fear and beatings.

This is no longer the 19th century, we're in the 21st century now, though you might have a hard time convincing Thais of that.

Hate to disagree but there’s a whole generation out there who learned about being well behaved and respectful thru a little harsh treatment..... and you’ll struggle to find many snowflakes in that generation. 

Lying on the ground .... whoa!!! Soooo bad!!! We had wooden board dusters thrown at us but huge adults, whipped across the hands again by people 5 times out size with canes until huge blood blisters rise ... regularly whipped !!! Now that’s abuse!!!!

Had plenty of cannings at school,across the finger tips,or @rse  from the more kinky

teachers ,who always said...this is going to hurt me, more than you..B/S, it hurt,but

most times deserved it, AND it did not turn me into a serial killer,or  reprobate.

Life is tough,the youth today have it too easy,no respect for anyone,especially the

police,a copper giving you a clip around the ear,for something minor,would get stabbed today.

or shot.

regards worgeordie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 4:30 AM, mercman24 said:

Oh. So you went fascist bigot training school!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:10 PM, TEFLKrabi said:

education through encouragement and reward is far more effective

Rewarded for losing, rewarded by the 'no fail' policy - and look what we have - a complete generation of irresponsible, self-aggrandizing, entitled people who will not accept responsibility for their actions.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:10 PM, TEFLKrabi said:

Hate to disagree but there’s a whole generation out there who learned about being well behaved and respectful thru a little harsh treatment..... and you’ll struggle to find many snowflakes in that generation. 

And yet they often tend to perpetually moan and complain. Seems somewhat snowflakey to me.

Archived