Thai Baht To 1 GBP

Hold on folks, this doesn't look good.

When will it stop ??

Just as a quick side point what is the highest and lowest members have seen this go to ?

Tek

In January 1998 the baht reached and closed at 92 on one day.. However stayed around 80 until March of that year.

Xmas 2004 the rate stood at 76.

Please understand the baht is quoted/traded against the dollar and not the pound. To know the baht pound rate you have to multiply the baht/$ rate by the pound/$rate.

The baht offshore rose to a high today of 31.7 to the dollar which equates to 62 to the pound at current pound/$ rate

Hold on folks, this doesn't look good.

When will it stop ??

Just as a quick side point what is the highest and lowest members have seen this go to ?

Tek

I remember the 92 rate in 1998 which Topfield quotes, I was paid in baht then. Its wasnt easy getting out of bed to go to work when the currency fell like it did. When I took the job the rate was 38.

The lowest I seem to remember was in 1992 ( pound crash ) when I first arrived in LOS. I think then I got 32 to the pound at its lowest. Guess what... I was paid in pounds then.

Can any body see a pattern developing here?

Guess what Im paid in now..... righton US$

Am I jinxed or what.

October 2003 64 bht to the GBP as said earlier the year of the Tsunami was a high of about 75/76 to the GBP:

I am getting at the moment 67/68 from the ATM with Nationwide Flex Account :

Tongue in cheek I dont think it will strengthen much more with the present Economic climate and the present political climate.