Despite all the Frustrations - You have Just Got to Love Thailand

Pilotman

On 10/4/2019 at 9:02 AM, bermondburi said:

Don't really get the point of the OP. he talks about sports results, food, pool, nature etc. It can all happen anywhere. Nothing specific to Thailand. 

Don't really get why any of that stuff would make someone love Thailand. If he mentioned some great experience with some locals, some great attraction, natural beauty etc, mad night out or whatever I get it.... 

I think what's he's trying to say is that he's having a good day in Thailand therefore he loves his life in Thailand. 

It's good that's these things make him happy, because he can go anywhere in the world and have the same result. 

I've never really understood the people who say they love living in Thailand, makes me wonder where they were previously, too easily pleased. Bit of sun, cheap eats. 

Thailand is nice enough, but it's not the be all and end all of life, and there's a certain type of expat who hates to hear that, because your opinion doesn't back up their life decisions. 

Lived in Thailand for many years previously, currently visit every 8 weeks, could never envisage having to spend all my time there again. Too many other places in the world. 

I actually find it a bit boring there these days. Maybe it's too familiar. I don't know. 

I love Thailand because it's not PC. I hate living in a country where I'm automatically a suspect because I'm a white hetero male that calls a spade a spade and not an implement for creating an empty space in the soil.

• Haha 1