Pattaya Mail's Brain Teasers

Asiacat

I enjoy completing the Suduko problems challenges and scrabble challenges in the Bangkok Post and the Nation each day.

The Pattaya Mail has decided to get in on the act and has published a whole page of "brain teasers".

It must however consider it's readerships' intellect to be bordering on the Gazza/Beckham/Geordie level with such gems as:-

1. Crossword Puzzle

On the end of your foot (3)

Frozen water (3)

Follows Autumn (6)

Reply to questions (7)

Where bees live

2. Number patterns

Complete the sequences

a. 20,30,40,?

b. 6, 12, ? ,24

c. 30, 40, ? , ?

Who the <deleted> writes this stuff?

Don't know about brain teasers, but last weekend we were down in Pattaya and I picked up your local paper. In the sits vac portion was an advert for help wanted. One of the requirements was 'must be male or female'. What else would you be, a mop?

Don't know about brain teasers, but last weekend we were down in Pattaya and I picked up your local paper. In the sits vac portion was an advert for help wanted. One of the requirements was 'must be male or female'. What else would you be, a mop?

You know ..... one of those person thingy's of the third category, or whatever the politically correct term is

:o

I enjoy completing the Suduko problems challenges and scrabble challenges in the Bangkok Post and the Nation each day.

The Pattaya Mail has decided to get in on the act and has published a whole page of "brain teasers".

It must however consider it's readerships' intellect to be bordering on the Gazza/Beckham/Geordie level with such gems as:-

1. Crossword Puzzle

On the end of your foot (3)

Frozen water (3)

Follows Autumn (6)

Reply to questions (7)

Where bees live

2. Number patterns

Complete the sequences

a. 20,30,40,?

b. 6, 12, ? ,24

c. 30, 40, ? , ?

Who the <deleted> writes this stuff?

55555! They actually put that in the paper? classics!

My nine-year-old daughter likes them, but she doesn't understand the references to Gazza or Geordie.

Please clerify the second one. I've explained about the two retarded English footballers

If you'd worked in Newcastle for a decade as I did you'd understand.

My nine-year-old daughter likes them, but she doesn't understand the references to Gazza or Geordie.

Please clerify the second one. I've explained about the two retarded English footballers

If you'd worked in Newcastle for a decade as I did you'd understand.

The makems might have a problem tho...

Grow your own dope...............plant a Geordie!!

Those Pattaya Mail brain teasers have got me......I'm really stumped! :o

Does anyone know where the term 'Geordie' originates from?

(Edit: I'm a Geordie, born and bred, and I know why I'm called a "Geordie" or a "Takem" but not a "Makem"!!

:D )

Edited by Artisan

You know ..... one of those person thingy's of the third category, or whatever the politically correct term is

:D

Pattaya offers indeed many more options than just male or female... :o