Olives, any leads?

Wandr

Now that the 'where to buy cheese' topic has been laid to rest, perhaps we can move to the olives topic?

Any good places for black olives, the European variety?

I bought a can recently at Makro, European origin. Unfortunately it was more like American olives, very mild.

So any tips will be appreciated.

We have both the “Spanish” olives (typically found and used Mexican food and on pizzas in the US) and the “European”/kalamatta olives at our Makro here in Buriram.

Can’t remember the brand name but I’ll try to take a photo next time I’m there and post it here. 

• Like 1

Rimping-Nim City usually has a wide variety of black and green olives.

Right now they are out of Kalamata olives (I bought the last 300g myself.) There are 5-6 tubs of different olives right now, though. I don't much care for canned olives, but they do have a wide selection of those as well. You can find the fresh ones on the right-hand end of the Meat Counter. They said that the Kalamata olives will be restocked shortly. Personally, I go through 400g-500g of different olives a week myself, mostly Kalamata.

Edited by FolkGuitar

11 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

When I think 'black olives' ,fetta cheese comes to mind....any leads on this perfect pairing?

Rimping - Nim City carries several different brands of Feta cheese. And yes, a perfect pairing with olives, especially Kalamata olives, also carried by Rimping.