Tired of living with such a noisy familly

Liverpudlian

7 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Suay does indeed translate to beautiful, but also it is a group of people centred largely 

around the Surin area as Yinn has posted, she has even given a couple of examples of

Suay/Thai "celebrities" 

Every day is a school day and one can learn from people, even ifyou don't like or respect

them.

Hang on who said I don't like Thai people since leaving Thailand a few years ago

I still come twice a year for holidays

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

i reckon you would fair well with a state of the art hearing aid NO KIDDING.

Thanks for your medical counselling but I think you missed the intended humour in my response.

It's okay. Don't worry.

12 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Mate , she is THE ONLY REASON why i am living here in this dump of corruption called L.O.S, my ex wife did me over big style on no less than 30 rye and sold my toyota vigo 4 door and simply said it was stolen but that was years ago ... i remain here for my 2 kids with the ex and my current daughter here so up yours with that gesture  of yours.

Great on you to take care of your kids, and not abandon them, thumbs up for that, but having 3 now, I hate to be in your shoes. 

You made your own bed, sleep in it, even if it in the next room to mom and dad in law?

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Great on you to take care of your kids, and not abandon them, thumbs up for that, but having 3 now, I hate to be in your shoes. 

You made your own bed, sleep in it, even if it in the next room to mom and dad in law?

I can go along with that, but its great to throw a bitchy one now and then it sort of clears the bowels for anther dump. ????

15 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Have you ever noticed they do not yell it with there own kin ??

I shout it to staff every day. They respond in kind - much like they have echolalia. We all find it amusing.

Liverpudlian, maybe you can start beating them to the punch by screaming it at the top of your lungs before they do. Imagine you are in the KOP stand and Gerard has just slotted one in the back corner. Instead of shouting "Gooooaaaaaallll!!!" Just shout "Gin Khaooooooo!"

And when you finally all sit down to eat, you can teach your inlaws to sing "you'll never walk alone". Tell them it is your way of giving thanks and saying Grace.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, sirineou said:

Do they speak to everyone else loud also , or just you? 

Speaking loudly is the norm in the Esaan, probably all over Thailand. Ever listened to news reports on TV? News reports are shouted, not spoken, from male or female news presenters. Bloody normal here, not in my native country. 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, sirineou said:

Do they speak to everyone else loud also , or just you?

Hi sir... 

This is actually a valid complaint... at least for my family... what happens is that they yell to each other from house to house and the volume level re-sets... they get very used to talking at this new level.. we have a family compound and it is nothing for someone to be walking past my home, my bedroom and be yelling to another family member in front or behind... 

they don't mean anything by it... my sympathies to the OP - - I do go off by myself when I want quiet time. 

I used to ask my Mrs....."Why do Thai people talk to each other like they are at opposite ends of a football pitch" (even when they are almost touching each other).

Never got an answer...maybe she never understood what s "pitch" was?

I kid you not ! since i moved in with the G/Fs folks here Surin 2 years ago, i think i am going insane with the noise of it all, no one speaks to me in a normal tone its as if i am hard of hearing or even deaf !! any one else here get my drift ?

went to visit my g/f in her village, it was more the lack of privacy i couldn't handle people walking in and out  of the house and around the house all day and every day.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Cos i cant speak "fluent thai" they think i am a bozo or something, JOHN GIN COW !!! ok i hear you BUT you lot do not need to shout, is it an Isaan thing, and the noise is incredible when they take my 2 year old daughter for a simple shower, its doing my head in !!

There is also a flip side to the coin, it's not only Thai people. When I took my Thai wife to the UK she stayed with my folks for a while until our place was ready. It took me at least a week to stop my old man shouting at her thinking she would understand better. I had to remind him she was Thai and not deaf! ????

BTW, my old man was a Scouse ????

On 9/29/2019 at 9:19 PM, bwpage3 said:

Isaan life, you either accept it or move.

I accepted it, even the roosters at 4 AM don't bother me!

Ya, the crowing time is a genetic thing as I understand it.  I hear the 4am roosters make the best soup stock ???? 

On 9/29/2019 at 8:19 PM, kingofthemountain said:

no it's not an ''issan thing''

it's more a farmer thing

how do you think they can communicate from one ricefield to another if they don't speak loud?

Agree, sort of.  In the wife's village, some of the houses are not that far apart and since all the windows are open during the day, it is not uncommon to see a conversation going on between the houses and they are not yelling.  Have seen the wife in one room downstairs talk to the maid who is upstairs deep in aother room with just the door open.  She counts on how echo of the house to carry her voice.  Wife has two conversation voice modulations, loud and mumbling.  years of pointing this out to no avail.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, scorecard said:

Build a nice size granny flat 100m away from the main house and say you want to give the family more space in the main house.

But beware the family don't quickly migrate to the granny flat... in which cse build another granny flat a further 100m away.

Good plan, but better to change to 100m to 100km....

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Speaking loudly is the norm in the Esaan, probably all over Thailand. Ever listened to news reports on TV? News reports are shouted, not spoken, from male or female news presenters. Bloody normal here, not in my native country. 

When with my former gf in Thailand (Surat Thani girl), we visited a dozen farms and homes from Surat Thani to Chaing Mai. Never did I hear anybody speak loud or act exuberant. 

On 9/30/2019 at 5:57 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

I shout it to staff every day. They respond in kind - much like they have echolalia. We all find it amusing.

Liverpudlian, maybe you can start beating them to the punch by screaming it at the top of your lungs before they do. Imagine you are in the KOP stand and Gerard has just slotted one in the back corner. Instead of shouting "Gooooaaaaaallll!!!" Just shout "Gin Khaooooooo!"

And when you finally all sit down to eat, you can teach your inlaws to sing "you'll never walk alone". Tell them it is your way of giving thanks and saying Grace.

Id rather it was when gerrard slipped over to give Chelsea that superb win...coyb. 

Archived