Tired of living with such a noisy familly

Liverpudlian

15 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Clearly the most wierd comment today!

Why is it clearly weird? I've witnessed the change in voice many times when she talked in her home language.

What are you trying to say? I all make it up? ????

Have you been with a Surin girl before? The switch from talking Thai to Khmer to the home folks, is quite noticeable.

As said before, nothing bad about the people, the nicest ones up there in Surin ... never had a problem. 

Talk about change in voice, ok. Sounds very harsh and loud when they speak to each other.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Yinn said:

This people (Suay) been in Thailand longer more than Thai, Lao and Khamen.

They clever about the elephant.

The Op not answer if his family thai, Lao, khamen or Suay. 

Maybe he not know? 

More polite to call them Kuy or Kuay.

38 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, 8 years in a relationship living together. Otherwise I wouldn´t know that you are making it up, right? 

Yes, I know you are making it up.

Ok, good. Then we are just having different perceptions of it.????

I've been married to a Surin girl for 13 years before. 

If anything, it just proofs that we are all different in how we perceive things around us.

As said again, nothing bad about Surin people, I never had a single bad experience there. 

Purely talking about the tone of language. Maybe the difference to you was the village being 2km from the Cambodian border, all speaking Khmer. 

Overall, Khmer language does sound much harder and harsher, and not as soft as Thai ... did you not pick up on that?

Just start to count to 10 ... in Thai ... and then do it in Khmer 5555

Actually, to make my point with you ... count to 10 in english one, twooo, threee ... and then in German, EINS ZWEI DREI

Can you hear the difference? ???? It's the same with Thai & Khmer language, to me.

That's the best example I can come up with at the moment 5555

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Ok, good. Then we are just having different perceptions of it.????

No, we are not. You, on the other hand, have an experience that differs from the normal one as well as the OP´s experience.

I've been married to a Surin girl for 13 years before.

Good for you. At least she spoke in a good tone to you. Oh dear! ????

If anything, it just proofs that we are all different in how we perceive things around us.

No, the only thing it shows is that you have no clue about girls with a descent tone and behaviour in their language towards all they talk to.

As said again, nothing bad about Surin people, I never had a single bad experience there.

No there is nothing bad about Surin people. You just happened to meet a wierd one.

Purely talking about the tone of language. Maybe the difference to you was the village being 2km from the Cambodian border, all speaking Khmer.

Was same close, so no difference there. Heard the shootings through many nights. 

Overall, Khmer language does sound much harder and harsher, and not as soft as Thai ... did you not pick up on that?

I would if a had a relationship with a farmgirl, that just left the farm for the big bucks in Pattayas bar scene. That was not the case, though.

Just start to count to 10 ... in Thai ... and then do it in Khmer 5555

Why would I even start thinking of that?

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, we are not. You, on the other hand, have an experience that differs from the normal one as well as the OP´s experience.

Good for you. At least she spoke in a good tone to you. Oh dear! ????

No, the only thing it shows is that you have no clue about girls with a descent tone and behaviour in their language towards all they talk to.

No there is nothing bad about Surin people. You just happened to meet a wierd one.

Was same close, so no difference there. Heard the shootings through many nights. 

I would if a had a relationship with a farmgirl, that just left the farm for the big bucks in Pattayas bar scene. That was not the case, though.

Why would I even start thinking of that?

What the heck are you on about? 

I say, we have different perceptions. You say ... no we don't. Subsequently breaking down every single sentence and analyze it ????

You remind me of 'Life of Brian' ... 

You are all different  ---> No, I'm not 5555

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

What the heck are you on about? 

I say, we have different perceptions. You say ... no we don't. Subsequently breaking down every single sentence and analyze it ????

You remind me of 'Life of Brian' ... 

You are all different  ---> No, I'm not 5555

You are right! Every person in an area of 5 km from the Cambodian border talk in a harsch way. No problem, live with that belief. ???? 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

You are right! Every person in an area of 5 km from the Cambodian border talk in a harsch way. No problem, live with that belief. ???? 

Are you personally offended about it? Or are we just talking and having an objective conversation about tones in different languages and accept/discuss that people can perceive things in different ways?

Why you type 'harsch' way, are you German?

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Are you personally offended about it? Or are we just talking and having an objective conversation about tones in different languages and accept/discuss that people can perceive things in different ways?

Nope, but that does not include circumventing facts, as you seem to be professional on. Or maybe your  just hooked on me.

25 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

but that does not include circumventing facts

Your facts are not my facts ... that's why it is a "discussion" ... forum. 

Do you understand that very simple concept?

What I have experienced in 13 years Surin, is real to me. 

You can discuss it with me, if you want. 

But not from a point of view where you think only you are correct. Do you understand this?

You got to have an open mind to come to an discussion.

It was only about language voice/tones, and you are in defending mode or something, I don't know why?

But not from a point of view where you think only you are correct. Do you understand this?

It was only about language voice/tones, and you are in defending mode or something, I don't know why?

What is your problem? My facts are not your facts? What is that? Facts are facts and nothing else. You probably lived with your girlfriend/wife, who held hard on you. Only been with her and not talked to much more people. During the time I stayed in Surin Province, I was running two successful companies, which mean a lot of contacts and contact with people. Do you understand that simple concept buildt on facts collected from more than one person?

Your reality is an abnormal situation. No need to discuss with you, because you are wrong and only base your opinion on one single individual, that you bring to the discussion time after time.

When I know out of experience that I am correct, then you are not a person that should te3ll me to understand things. Go back to the playbox an collect more experience instead.

What am I defending in your wierd point of view? In my opinion I am informing you about the abnormal in your situation that has led to your twisted belief.

Now I guess it became your turn to understand.

Place some ear plugs in, that may assist.

There is a tendency for people irrespective of ethnicity, the increase volume when speaking with a person with limited understanding of their native tongue.

For some reason we seem to think that higher volume makes comprehension easier.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:03 PM, RedPill said:

The problem is that they're not "the facts". People who live in Surin don't speak Khmer. They speak Khmen wich is a dialect of Khmer and quite different. It's only spoken in a couple of provinces close to the Thai border and near Surin. Try speaking Khmen in Phnom Penh and they won't understand a word you are saying.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:19 PM, kingofthemountain said:

no it's not an ''issan thing''

it's more a farmer thing

how do you think they can communicate from one ricefield to another if they don't speak loud?

Yes, indeed that is the science behind the OP's problem.

Here's the quick solution.

79_b.jpg.ee9454954a591f32674922368623fff0.jpg

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The problem is that they're not "the facts". People who live in Surin don't speak Khmer. They speak Khmen wich is a dialect of Khmer and quite different. It's only spoken in a couple of provinces close to the Thai border and near Surin. Try speaking Khmen in Phnom Penh and they won't understand a word you are saying.

Yep i gave up years ago ! had started off ok when i lived up Chiang mai but it all went down hill when i moved down to Prasat folks eating bettle nut whilst speaking and even worse when i went to live Surin city with its fair share of upper class snobs and starbucks life style, to this day i get by simply cos of my young kids BUT i am now buggered by a massive dive in my pension ... dont need this life style at all now ... got my eyes focust on living off grid back in Somerset thermals and teeth chattering bliss !

Yep i gave up years ago ! had started off ok when i lived up Chiang mai but it all went down hill when i moved down to Prasat folks eating bettle nut whilst speaking and even worse when i went to live Surin city with its fair share of upper class snobs and starbucks life style, to this day i get by simply cos of my young kids BUT i am now buggered by a massive dive in my pension ... dont need this life style at all now ... got my eyes focust on living off grid back in Somerset thermals and teeth chattering bliss !

Hope the grass is greener there, for you. I too have lived in both places that you mentioned but chose to move to a different province.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

If you return to the Uk your pension will reset to current levels (I've just started getting mine and recieve £650/month). I'm not certain, but I think that you retain that level if you return after 12 months. As I said before, I would wait out the 12 months strolling down Lord St. :burp:

16 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

If you return to the Uk your pension will reset to current levels (I've just started getting mine and recieve £650/month). I'm not certain, but I think that you retain that level if you return after 12 months. As I said before, I would wait out the 12 months strolling down Lord St. :burp:

Good info !  cheers ????

On 10/4/2019 at 7:19 PM, Matzzon said:

What is your problem? My facts are not your facts? What is that? Facts are facts and nothing else. You probably lived with your girlfriend/wife, who held hard on you. Only been with her and not talked to much more people. During the time I stayed in Surin Province, I was running two successful companies, which mean a lot of contacts and contact with people. Do you understand that simple concept buildt on facts collected from more than one person?

Your reality is an abnormal situation. No need to discuss with you, because you are wrong and only base your opinion on one single individual, that you bring to the discussion time after time.

It's really just that simple. We are not discussing who is right or wrong, we are just sharing our experiences.

What that means is, it's a very subjective topic!

You can't claim your own experiences a fact, which then in turn should fit all other peoples experiences.

We don't all live in your head/mindset/point of view!

My experience still doesn't match which what you claim is your fact! (And you don't have to talk my surin people and family down, I said nothing wrong about them, multiple times. And I met more than 1 person, not only for a holiday)

It was only about how my 'ear' experiences the 'khmer vs thai' language. A very subjective matter. But real to me. I've experienced it many times.

I'm sure you have a lot of things to say about life in Thailand, we all do after a 1 or 2 decades.

Your problem is ... it's not "What" you say, even if truth in it and would be worthwhile to discuss,  

... it's "How" you say it and interact with others!

That's why you clash in every thread. 

Whether it's simple house boat rent (look at the peoples responses to you, do you aim for that?), or it's a Sin Sod thread and your 87 years old granny tells you her story, which makes it a fact for you. Others get different stories, also from older Thai people. Who says they are wrong and only your granny right?

Or just as simple as this light topic, Thai language vs Khmer language, like you responded to me.

You won't accept anything, or talk a little about what others are experiencing, in a very simple easy going discussion.

I got you fully down now.

In the beginning, I thought it was a bit of fun and discussions with you, maybe some banter here and there.

But you are only after arguments and being right, scanning every single thread. (from 7am - 12am)

And with that, I will stop discussing with you in future. It's absolutely pointless. 

People told me before to ignore you, but I thought I give it a try ... didn't work. Only got me a 3 day TV holiday. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, Matzzon said:

Or maybe your  just hooked on me.

Exactly what I just described before. I didn't even talk to you in this thread, until you posted a 'random' comment on my light, more funny story, and turned into something really really strange. It's weird.

But now that I understood your mission on here, now I know how to not respond to you in future, best not at all and just let you go in your own perspectives of life in Thailand.

And that's the end of this discussion for me ...

Archived