Exiting DMK airport - biometric scanners at all desks or still only selective desks?

Curious to know, when exiting DMK airport via the foreigner immigration desks for these days, do they have all the biometric scanners turned on or still only selectively a few of them like a couple of months ago? When I exited that time the IO desk I went through didn't do scanning of anyone. Same as when entering back in using the Thai line with the gf.

i am 99% sure they never scan on exit, just on entry i not see any point to scan on exit since you are in thailand allready?!

i travel 3-4 time per year to make vacation in europe and i never got scanned on exit, but this was at swampy

Edited by kralledr

11 minutes ago, kralledr said:

i am 99% sure they never scan on exit, just on entry i not see any point to scan on exit since you are in thailand allready?!

I did get scanned upon exit at DMK just after they had installed their new machines. When exiting the next time, however, they didn't use them for whatever reason, except for one operational scanner in a single exit lane.

If they "never" scanned people when leaving, why have scanners at departure in the first place? There must be another reason for not using them consistently.

I flew out last Friday and back Monday. Prints on exit and reentry. Thing is the io does not check or perhaps care if its done correctly. Many people in front of me were not doing it correctly. Don Mueang

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I flew out last Friday and back Monday. Prints on exit and reentry. Thing is the io does not check or perhaps care if its done correctly. Many people in front of me were not doing it correctly. Don Mueang

What do you mean they were not doing it correctly?

Normal countries that use this system take 2 minutes to scan and fingerprint you at the same time they scan your current visa page in your passport. They scan in on arrival and scan out departure ( that way they know who is in and out; they dont need a TM 30). God knows what the Muppets do here. They are big face about capturing overstayers from many years ago with bio-metrics; cool they cant explain how as they have only had input into the database in last 3 months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What do you mean they were not doing it correctly?

Post #9 sums it up.

When I said they don't do it correctly.....I mean many travelers esp people that do not fly much have no idea. Not done properly means they are not recording their prints. 

My recent experience when using Air Asia's "Fly-Thru" service from Khon Kaen to Yangon. I had to show 4 fingers of right hand on biometric system to Immigration Officer at KKC. On return, again 4 fingers of right hand at the separate "Fly-Thru" immigration desk on re-entry at DMK.  

5 hours ago, kralledr said:

i travel 3-4 time per year to make vacation in europe and i never got scanned on exit, but this was at swampy

I was scanned earlier today on exit from swampy as was everyone else. 

26 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Did you look around at all the immigration lines or only your own line?

OP, You have post above. I fly out los every other week. Granted almost always DM. They scan exit and reenter. Fact is as I mentioned above. It seems not being enforced. On reentry Monday I ignored process and stamped move along. The whole process in los was a stuff up from the start. The process is right hand first 4 fingers then left hand same, then both thumbs simultaneously.

<deleted> joke. Most people are not getting past first step. In Japan its both index fingers at same time. Its bit tricky. The io will not allow pass till green light. Some other countries similar. Thailand as much as I love it introduced stupid scan option. Its a joke. Too complicated as destined for waste bin. 

But hey did we expect better.

BTW op, what's the big interest. Just curious?

Edited by DrJack54

Flew out of swampy scanned fingers and picture taken. My right hand 4 fingers won’t lay flat out and Advsied and showed iO he made an adjustment did left/right thumb and four left fingers.

Back in to DMK I think it was only thumbs and picture. Seems like 

a lot of concern these days most airports I’ve flown in/out have them. 

Hong Kong was awesome out going flight echannel finger scan and 

off you go. Very efficient. Prior because the number of visits to HK IO put some type of smal chip on back of passport. Never used the regular lines in or out..