65k problem or not

I would suggest you tell them you change things up at times because the exchange rate can change so much the way the Thai currency keep changing . This is very true and in. reality what one deals with to get best exchange rate possibly with so much always changing as Thai baht keeps getting stronger and country we send from’s currency is worth less and less in Thailand .

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

I would suggest you tell them you change things up at times because the exchange rate can change so much the way the Thai currency keep changing . This is very true and in. reality what one deals with to get best exchange rate possibly with so much always changing as Thai baht keeps getting stronger and country we send from’s currency is worth less and less in Thailand .

Usually my transfers take 4 business days,this one came the following business day.

15 hours ago, Lumbini said:

Yes, make the explanation as complicated and incoherent as possible because that always works so well.   K.I.S.S.

He shouldn't say anything unless asked and if asked just keep it simple. Blame a computer.

Edited by Suradit69

I think as long as you have 12 monthly transfer in a year and the monthly transfer is a few days early or late than the usual day , it doesn't matter.

Just explain to immigration.

Edited by EricTh

15 hours ago, Lumbini said:

I doubt in an IO knows what fx rates are

• Haha 1

I was talking to a guy that told me that is what happened to him. Two transfers in one month. Nothing the next month. Visa was denied.  You would think immigration would see what happened but not in this case. But remember,  all immigration stations do what they want. Hope you make out ok.

• Sad 1

I was talking to a guy that told me that is what happened to him. Two transfers in one month. Nothing the next month. Visa was denied.  You would think immigration would see what happened but not in this case. But remember,  all immigration stations do what they want. Hope you make out ok.

hear·say

/ˈhirˌsā/

information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, lungbing said:

No criticism is meant, but would it not be better to initiate the transfer on or after the 1st of the month?

Me too, but just seems like common sense for this place.

Am amazed how many are short of the 65 because the exchange rate changed during their transfer.

I suggest always go over or under what is required.

70 k

810 k

Set up auto transfers on 3rd of month

etc.

Hope the OP gets it sorted out.

10 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

I’m doing it in the middle of the month and not at the edges...

Yes.  the best and safest way.  Setup a "buffer" or intermediate account where your home monies go, then transfer from there to Thailand.  I am sure that some people I suspect have their pensions or whatever monies transferred directly from their government sites to Thailand and those transfer dates can move a round a bit.  Me, I will always keep my USA benefits (social security for example) going in to my US checking account.  Then I will set up the transfers from there, always being sure I have the required amounts and I will literally set the 15th of each month as the date.  At the moment I am looking at Transferwise, although it does not seem to automatically do the monthly transfers.  It has some repeat options that let you "repeat" a transfer but only by manual selection.  Etrade where my monies will be, does not do any sort of automatic wiring of funds overseas.