Whats the best family beach in Hua Hin with a clean beach & clear or clean water for swimming?

zeekgarcia

This time of year the water is rarely clear due to the rain washing down nearby rivers. The itchiness is caused by the jellyfish or Sea Nettles which seem to die off now and their long stinging tentacles break up and cause irritation if you swim there. Not much solution possible for a few months.

I stopped swimming at Hua Hin's beaches 3 years; I would not go into the water unless I had to rescue someone.  Too much pollution,.

Try the beaches in Pran Buri District, but not near Pran Buri Forest where the creek comes out in north Pak Num Pran.

The north side beaches tend to be much cleaner and quieter but are very shallow. Sai Noi at Kao Dtao is OK - but that is where the shark incidents were 2 years back and is actually quite steep  at the waters edge. Maybe not the best for kids. Personally, and it is a stretch to call it Hua Hin really, but the Khao Kolok beach, at the south end of Pak Nam Pran gets my vote.

If it has to be within Hua Hin, then your best bet really is to head down towards Khao Takiab, and go to the north side of the rock, where there is a big golden Buddha overlooking the beach. It is the very southern tip of the main Hua Hin beach.

In the past, taking into account the high rental price of beach chairs, I have asked the Hilton beach pool security if I can use there pool and chairs and had a great time, especially as the pool looks out onto the beach, sometimes paid the front desk, sometimes "security" (who are very happy to pay them) and occasionally they just say okay!

The harbour is polluted - a klong discharges into it at the concrete jetty. Generally speaking, south side from Hilton down seems clean (in March saw very little plastic) and water a bit clear. Also has palm trees in places for shade.

many parts of the beach disappear completely IN HUA HIN during high tide. get a tide app to know when to go.

i live in Hua Hin. I would go in the water when I first got here but i itched afterwards so much i stopped going in.

This is a nice place, again the water is contaminated:

https://goo.gl/maps/i9Me7f9pFz44onXc7

go here south of HH 15 minutes. much cleaner water.

https://goo.gl/maps/sq3EMpExbVJwTeLf7

20 minutes north of HH: cleaner water.

https://goo.gl/maps/wpbLVaQgoj2kgbwV9

10 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

In the past, taking into account the high rental price of beach chairs, I have asked the Hilton beach pool security if I can use there pool and chairs and had a great time, especially as the pool looks out onto the beach, sometimes paid the front desk, sometimes "security" (who are very happy to pay them) and occasionally they just say okay!

I have used the Hilton pool on many occasions, walk in like u own the place and enjoy.

13 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

I have used the Hilton pool on many occasions, walk in like u own the place and enjoy.

Yes, you can do this, but to be honest what with chairs on the beach costing 150 a day and if four of you = 600 baht.  I am more than happy to slip the security 200 baht which they are happy about, they go off get me towels etc and everyone is happy!

On 10/4/2019 at 2:30 AM, Pdavies99 said:

Yes, you can do this, but to be honest what with chairs on the beach costing 150 a day and if four of you = 600 baht.  I am more than happy to slip the security 200 baht which they are happy about, they go off get me towels etc and everyone is happy!

Is there no vacant sand to be had for free?

Yes, there is sand except at high tide, then its limited. Of course you can sit in "certain" areas on the sand for free, it can be very hot and little shade, inclusive of hawkers, (mind out for horse poo etc) but if you want say 2 chairs and an umbrella you are looking at 300 bht+  in addition you must watch your kids in the water as currents can be strong.  The water like most places in Thailand can be very dirty etc.

Alternatively you can use the "Hilton" pay say 200 baht, get several pools with lifeguards, a shallow kids pool, very clean chairs, towels, showers, toilets, no nuisance hawkers plus security....all overlooking the beach down a few steps etc...to me it seems the best of everything?

On 10/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, boonchu said:

Koh Tao beach.

Tao is hardly in Hua Hin.

Hua Hin doesn't have clean beaches. 

Do they still have horses pooing everywhere?

Want a clean beach, go down the coast or to the islands. Yes Tao has good water, but it's far too crowded and built up. I'd go to north Phangan.

• 5 weeks later...

If you're taking the family for a day trip or a couple of days I'd head south to Phrachup Kirikhan and out to Oamanoa (spelling). Nice hotel and restaurant also. Near Waco marine exhibit and a couple other things to do like hike up the mountain to see Buddha's footprint in the stone, etc.

Archived