New Dell Inspiron.

NoshowJones

I was thinking about a new Dell Inspiron, I looked at Model no 3581-w5666015150 2G GDDRS. at TUK in Pattaya.

I am now back home up country, and noticed one for sale at my local Advice centre at 2000Bt cheaper. I cannot ask them

about it as unlike at TUK, their English is non existant.

Would a new Dell bought at the Advice shop have the same three year warranty and after sales service as one bought at a main dealer?

Or you could have done what I did. Advice's online store lists that Dell model with a 2-year warranty selling online for 12,790 baht with free shipping. I have made several purchases from their website and the prices are generally lower than in their retail stores. 

• Like 1

https://www.advice.co.th/product/notebook/notebook-dell/notebook-dell-inspiron-3581-w566015150oppthw10-black-

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/34323/122/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--DELL-INSPIRON-3581-W566015150OPPTHW10--BLACK-

JIB states two years and they are an authorised dealer.

From whence did you get the idea that a three year warranty is free in Thailand? It's an additional option.

16 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Yeah, call and speak with Joseph or Mary at Dells call center in India. 

Bit silly, why talk to their Indian operation - I arranged (and bought) my laptop spec by talking to their Tech department in Dell Thailand (Bangkok)

15 hours ago, bearpolar said:

dell inspiron are not great. They were pretty good over a decade ago.. now they are total <deleted> and the warranty center is hard to deal with even back home as the staff isnt qualified at all.

Get an acer with SSD

The Inspiron range are only the consumer products - we use their Latitude range of laptops and all have proved tough and reliable. Typing this, I am using an 6 year old E5440 which has never let us down

13 minutes ago, JoePai said:

The Inspiron range are only the consumer products - we use their Latitude range of laptops and all have proved tough and reliable. Typing this, I am using an 6 year old E5440 which has never let us down

Exactly, it's not an inspiron.

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Bit silly, why talk to their Indian operation - I arranged (and bought) my laptop spec by talking to their Tech department in Dell Thailand (Bangkok)

That's Thailand. If you call Dells US customer service 800 number it is answered by the call center in India. 

21 hours ago, bearpolar said:

dell inspiron are not great. They were pretty good over a decade ago.. now they are total <deleted> and the warranty center is hard to deal with even back home as the staff isnt qualified at all.

Get an acer with SSD

My first laptop was an Acer and I was really pleased with it, so when I upgraded, I got another Acer and it was a bit of a disaster. but I am going back more than 15 years, so they could be OK now.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:21 PM, possum1931 said:

My first laptop was an Acer and I was really pleased with it, so when I upgraded, I got another Acer and it was a bit of a disaster. but I am going back more than 15 years, so they could be OK now.

Depends on the level. My current acer is a high-end one i got 60% off on blackfriday.. lots of ram, SSD and It plays games like fortnite no problem and cost me 700$ CAD(so about 30$ usd? ???? )

• Like 1