Bank statement- marriage visa extension

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

The ‘total credit’ amount on my annual BKK bank statement includes interest and a house insurance payment. Should I highlight and add up all my international credits and leave those out or just divide the total credits by 12?

Just highlight the 40K monthly International transfers.

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

I can understand why Immigration want the bank to certify if the Embassy won't. What I can't understand is why 3 Embassies out of many can't do it

The bank can verify the letters/statements as you have an account with them

The Embassies cannot verify your pension/incomes letters from various providers.

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes I did. I download the statements and the all TransferWise transfer slips and matched them together. I then had the bank to stamp the statements in order to authenticate them and had them produce the standard letter for immigration. I also provided copies of the annual statements from my pension providers to prove that I had a foreign stream.

All this was prepared about a week before my visit to immigration and everything was fine with the IO. I use Krungsri Bank and I should point out that they do not use this FFT that's been all the talk of late. But that didn't matter, I don't think the IO even looked at the codes.

You mean FTT, and if Krungsri Bank doesn't use the code FTT showing an international transfer in the bank book, there will be another code.  For several immigration offices the code is important even if the bank can prove that the transfers are international. 

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You mean FTT, and if Krungsri Bank doesn't use the code FTT showing an international transfer in the bank book, there will be another code. 

I think Bangkok Bank is the only one using the FTT code. A statement from them shows "Foreign T/T".

A statement from another bank should show they are international transfers.

KTB shows 

XIFSDT

Inward FCD TRF Deposit S/A

รายการโอนเงินต่างประเทศ ฝากเข้าบัญชีออมทรัพย์สกุลเงินตราต่างประเทศ

Edited by Neeranam

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You mean FTT, and if Krungsri Bank doesn't use the code FTT showing an international transfer in the bank book, there will be another code.  For several immigration offices the code is important even if the bank can prove that the transfers are international. 

Yes, you're correct of course, FTT and can confirm that Krungsri does not use this code. Neither in the bankbook (which I didn't use anyway) nor on the statements.

Direct pension deposits are coded BAHTNET on statements. They can be identified as foreign deposits and FETs can be obtained for those, but I used mainly TransferWise and although they do have a unique code, 1274H, Krungsri were not able produce evidence of their international nature, because, as we all know, the 'final leg' is a local transfer. But that was not an issue with the IO at Sakon Nakhon because I was able to produce the paper trail myself.

To be honest, I don't think there is a 'right way' or a 'wrong way' to go about this. I did it my way and it worked. It may not have worked in say Udon Thani. But what would they have done about it? Would they have tossed me out of country, leaving behind a destitute wife? No, I don't think so.

There are so many different permutations of how to present evidence of income that Immigration will simply have be flexible and accept that not everyone can meet their exacting expectations, which they haven't even defined anyway.

15 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I don’t have 40k a month. My state pension is monthly but I have 2 private pensions that go into my U.K. bank and I transfer them ad hoc during the year making an average of 40,600/ month.

It would be best if you transferred the additional income every month to reach 40k baht.

Some office are saying a average income is not allowed although it is written in the police orders.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It would be best if you transferred the additional income every month to reach 40k baht.

Some office are saying a average income is not allowed although it is written in the police orders.

Joe, would you happen to have this police order, in Thai?

44 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I don’t have 40k a month. My state pension is monthly but I have 2 private pensions that go into my U.K. bank and I transfer them ad hoc during the year making an average of 40,600/ month.

I seriously doubt Immigration will accept ad hoc transfers throughout the year, they must be monthly.

Is this your first application for an extension based on marriage and when will you apply?

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Joe, would you happen to have this police order, in Thai?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are all available here for download in English and Thai. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Download 327/2557. Read section 2.18 Clause (6).

Download Amendment 138/2557. Read section 2.18

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I think the U.K. state pension frequency of payments they are pushing now are either 4 weeks or 13 weeks (in arrears). The 4 week frequency could cause a miss match as time goes on for some as (e.g. in 10 years time I would get a payment on the 1 st of Oct, then one on the 29th Oct, then one one 26 Nov https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you-retire-abroad).

Can be awkward to match their expected perfect monthly frequency when the rest of the reality is not designed around it ????.

Anyway I'm just playing with the system, as I need money for the 9 months a year I'm here anyway, pound would need to be 8.9% higher today to make it work!

(I'm just going to bump up a couple of payments. if needed, as I'll be a first timer with a new non-O Visa anyway). 

Perhaps better for you to buffer and send the 40k/ monthly if possible from the UK account?

Info;I'm sending a pension payment here from the HALIFAX to a Krungsri F.C.D. in pounds. 9.5 pounds fee at the UK end, 200 baht deposit fee at the Krungsri (5.41 pounds). SWF code (SWIFT). exchange to Thai Baht at their published T/T rate. (no bank book postal statements).

I was going to get a Matching THB account, but they would not open that initially as no work permit, 18 months on I think they will open one, if I wheel the wife in as a customer reference. The next stage in the experiment would be to exchange move 40.1 k THB over every month. So all the money is imported by SWIFT monthly and the THB in the other account only originates from the F.C.D. imported money monthly.

Edited by UKresonant

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I can’t as 2 of my pensions are biannual hence sending ad hoc amounts.

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I’m taking Thai and English versions of  police orders stating ‘average monthly income of over 40k’ . I should get my annual statement from the bank on Monday so will apply then.

'Average monthly income of over 40K' is not how it's worded.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

It's 'average annual income of ……. no less than 40K per month'

13 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Exactly. As in the police order ‘...throughout the year an average income is not less than 40,000 baht monthly.’

They should accept a total income of at least 480k baht for the year. But that may depend upon the office where you apply.

They will though want to see transfers into the country every month.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They should accept a total income of at least 480k baht for the year. But that may depend upon the office where you apply.

They will though want to see transfers into the country every month.

I was denied an extension even after showing the police order in Thai and English that an average of 40k monthly is acceptable. 

I also showed a letter from Citibank stating they receive monthly payment from U.K. inland Revenue that they convert and send to my Bangkok bank .

She said her boss said 40k must be every month! NOT average. My statement shows 487,808.

She gave me a 60 day extension and I had to put 400,000 in the bank!!

So much for police orders!

17 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I was denied an extension even after showing the police order in Thai and English that an average of 40k monthly is acceptable. 

I also showed a letter from Citibank stating they receive monthly payment from U.K. inland Revenue that they convert and send to my Bangkok bank .

She said her boss said 40k must be every month! NOT average. My statement shows 487,808.

Could say 'told you so', but I won't. 

Oh, sorry just did!

25 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Well the good news is that providing you applied early enough and with a 60 day extension, you should be able to season that 400K for the required 2 months before re-applying.

Once the extension has been granted, you can withdraw and spend the 400K.

On a 40K per month budget, that should be sufficient to cover expenses for the following 10 months, before transferring another 400K from your 'Ad hoc' pension payments accumulated in your UK bank over the same period.

1 hour ago, Changoverandout said:

Everywhere I look online it says the same:

• You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).
  • Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.

I haven't seen "an average" income anywhere.

Edited by Max69xl

50 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Could say 'told you so', but I won't. 

But it is still wrong. Somebody should make a complaint to the immigration bureau to get the word out to offices that it is allowed by the police orders,

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Everywhere I look online it says the same:

• You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).
  • Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.

I haven't seen "an average" income anywhere.

Read the police orders, it says ‘average of 40k per month throughout the year ‘

52 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Read the police orders, it says ‘average of 40k per month throughout the year ‘

And you show me an immigration office who cares about a police order stating that an average of 40k is ok. Why do you think every  website about visas based on marriage says that the requirements are 400k or 40k monthly? 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

And you show me an immigration office who cares about a police order stating that an average of 40k is ok. Why do you think every  website about visas based on marriage says that the requirements are 400k or 40k monthly? 

So you’re saying immigration disregards it’s own police orders ?

Jo has posted links to the police orders that immigration are bound by.

Edited by Changoverandout
Addition

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

Also stated in number 5 for the parent of a child.