Bank statement- marriage visa extension

Has anyone used a statement printed by yourself from online banking for showing 40k+ monthly  from abroad?

Can the year statement be done the same day at most banks, mine is Krung Thai.

When going to the immigration, does it matter if the statement is a few days old?

Do I need a letter? Does anyone have an example of such a letter?

Thanks 

Yes I did. I download the statements and the all TransferWise transfer slips and matched them together. I then had the bank to stamp the statements in order to authenticate them and had them produce the standard letter for immigration. I also provided copies of the annual statements from my pension providers to prove that I had a foreign stream.

All this was prepared about a week before my visit to immigration and everything was fine with the IO. I use Krungsri Bank and I should point out that they do not use this FFT that's been all the talk of late. But that didn't matter, I don't think the IO even looked at the codes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure they would accept a online statement from a Thai bank. You may only be able to do 6 months with online banking.

At most banks a one year statement has to be requested and a fee paid for it. It takes about a week to get.

Since you are proving income there is no limit on how old it can be as long as it is fairly recent.

You will need a letter confirming your account. Some offices may want a letter listing your transfers into the country.

Since you will be applying here in the Northeast I do not think the letter will need to show the transfers. I used a standard bank letter for my application here in August and it was accepted and then approved by division 4.

Here is a example of a standard bank letter.bank letter.pdf

And this is the letter showing the transfers  Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf  Showed it to the bank here and they said they could not do it.

Thanks Joe.

The second link doesn't download for me. Oh it does now! 

So I need 2 letters and a statement?

Edited by Neeranam

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The second link doesn't download for me.

So I need 2 letters and a statement?

It worked for me. Here is a fresh upload of it. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits(2).pdf

Only one letter and one year statement. I only uploaded the one showing monthly transfers for info. I am sure you will only need the other one.

• Thanks 1

Whether using the income method or the funds method, the bank should typically issue a standard letter, which confirms your name, type of account, account number and balance.

This is a standard letter.

If using the income method, theoretically an updated passbook will suffice, however trawling through pages of book pages to establish the monthly transfers appears to complicated for IO's, they like the proof to be plain and simple to follow.

OR

An annual bank statement is far easier to follow monthly transfers than a passbook.

These usually have to be order in branch.

OR

Alternatively your branch may be able to issue a statement of just monthly transfers as in UJ posted example.

In any event it's a good idea to highlight the transfers making it easier for the IO to identify them.

Many offices require the letter and proof of transfers to be issued the same day as the application.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Many offices require the letter and proof of transfers to be issued the same day as the application.

The standard bank letter maybe. But that is little absurd since you are not proving the balance in the account.

Proof of transfers would have to be a updated bank book showing all the transfers. The letter showing the transfers may also take so some time to get at many banks.

It is not possible to get a bank statement the same day for more than 6 months at most banks.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Would not think they would accept a statement you printout from your ibanking as it could too easily be modified/forged....plus it does not have a bank officer signature like the statement you get at the bank.  

Did you not read post #2?

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Did you not read post #2?

I agree with Pib.

My bank will not stamp or sign online statements that I print out.

They will only stamp/sign statements they can authenticate by print themselves.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The standard bank letter maybe. But that is little absurd since you are not proving the balance in the account.

Proof of transfers would have to be a updated bank book showing all the transfers. The letter showing the transfers may also take so some time to get at many banks.

It is not possible to get a bank statement the same day for more than 6 months at most banks.

Roi Et insist the statement and letter must be issued the same day as application.

Where an annual statement is ordered, the bank will stamp, sign and date the statement the day of collection, along with issue of the standard letter.

They know what the IO requires.

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Roi Et insist the statement and letter must be issued the same day as application.

Where an annual statement is ordered, the bank will stamp, sign and date the statement the day of collection, along with issue of the standard letter.

They know what the IO requires.

From Krung  Thai?

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That is a bit ridiculous and pedant.

My statements from Bangkok were not stamped by the local branch that were a month old were accepted. 

I also had a 1 month statement to show a recent transfer that was received after the statement was done. Got it and the bank letter the day before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a bit ridiculous and pedant.

My statements from Bangkok were not stamped by the local branch that were a month old were accepted. 

I also had a 1 month statement to show a recent transfer that was received after the statement was done. Got it and the bank letter the day before.

Agree, but it is what it is.

Provided the statement/passbook meets the monthly transaction requirements up to the date of application, the date of issue should be irrelevant, however they standardise the requirement regardless of income or funds method.

You and I may use logic and common sense, unfortunately that is sadly lacking with many IO's.

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From Krung  Thai?

Bangkok Bank, to comply with local IO's requirements.

Krung Thai can do exactly the same though.

With banks other than BKK, depending on your method of transfer, a passbook may not code the transfer as FTT or International. You then require Credit receipts, or an annual statement issued by the HQ as proof of the foreign transactions.

It very much depends on what your IO will accept as proof of International transfers.

Whilst my IO may be pedantic in requesting same date statement, they have so far accepted 'SMT' codes (Interbank transfer) in passbooks and statements with additional Transferwise pdf receipts as proof of International transfers.

You don't mention your IO, your method of transfer, or if they are coded FTT or International by Krung Thai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I agree with Pib.

My bank will not stamp or sign online statements that I print out.

They will only stamp/sign statements they can authenticate by print themselves.

The O/P asked a definitive question, I provided a definitive answer.

Maybe your bank staff don't know you as well as mine know me. I had no problem getting downloaded statements stamped.

19 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Maybe your bank staff don't know you as well as mine know me. I had no problem getting downloaded statements stamped.

Same bank 7+ years.

You were fortunate, but that isn't the normal procedure.

All well and good if you can, saves 100 baht.

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Same bank 7+ years.

I've just  been to the bank to check, had to wait 90 min! I don't care about 300 baht  this Visa is very important  as it should be my last before citizenship.

I've been with the bank 15 years.

They said thay they can do the 1 year statement and guarantee letter immediately. Maybe I'll go the day before immigration  or the same day.

Everything else seems to be in order.

I hadn't used my bank book for years so needed a  new one,  50 baht.

They asked for my passport, which is a new one, but didnt say anything.

One more  question, is it OK to change to marriage from work before the work one is finished,  in 4 weeks. One IO told me I needed a letter from my work, another said I didnt, another said pay 20k. I got a letter just in case.

I'll take my chances and go for the monthly income and if that doesn't  work, I would pay some extra, if needed.

Oh, do I need the kids' birth certs?.

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Neeranam

50 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One more  question, is it OK to change to marriage from work before the work one is finished,  in 4 weeks.

You need a letter from your employer requesting your extension be canceled so that you can apply for a new extension based upon marriage.

30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
50 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Same bank 7+ years.

Is there a normal procedure? This the first year of self proving of income and even my IO agreed that neither they or us have any definitive rules to follow.

Both we and they know the income rules but the 'how to do it' seems to be left down to us to guess and the IO to make a judgement call. As more of us go through the process a clearer pattern may or may not emerge.

I doubt if I saved 100 baht by my DIY method by the time I'd paid for paper and printer ink and it did take quite a bit of my time. but that wasn't the motive. Without definitive guide lines I had to come up with a way of proving my case to my IO and that was the method I chose.

Anyway, good luck to you and all the others who are going through the process and don't forget that less than a year ago there were many naysayers on TVF that were adamant that the income method was dead and buried.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need a letter from your employer requesting your extension be canceled so that you can apply for a new extension based upon marriage.

That's not what 2 of the IOs said. 

One said just a letter stating my last day of work.

If I got such a letter, I wouldn't get paid for this month. Maybe that's where the extra money comes in.

If I cancel my visa, my WP will be cancelled. 

Oh dear, maybe I'll have to wait until the end of the month. But I was wanting to get the marriage, so I wouldn't have to leave the country when getting a new Visa and WP.

One IO said I could change visa without it affecting my WP.

Edited by Neeranam

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One said just a letter stating my last day of work.

If stated that it would not particularly mean you job ended.

But I think immigration would accept the letter requesting your extension be cancelled early.

Joe's sample letters worked for me at Jomtien but they also wanted a same day transaction and copy of bankbook certified by the bank. I can understand why Immigration want the bank to certify if the Embassy won't. What I can't understand is why 3 Embassies out of many can't do it

Immigration do like child's birth certificates and Pensions statements

42 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

The ‘total credit’ amount on my annual BKK bank statement includes interest and a house insurance payment. Should I highlight and add up all my international credits and leave those out or just divide the total credits by 12?

I presume i delete those in the addition and division 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If stated that it would not particularly mean your job ended.

But I think immigration would accept the letter requesting your extension be cancelled early.

I don't want my job to end until the end of my contract. I just want to change my visa. Is this not possible? 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't want my job to end until the end of my contract. I just want to change my visa. Is this not possible? 

You do not have to end your job to change the reason for your extension from working to marriage.

You just need to have your current extension cancelled to do the change.

Try using the letter from your employer requesting your extension to be canceled.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to end your job to change the reason for your extension from working to marriage.

You just need to have your current extension cancelled to do the change.

Try using the letter from your employer requesting your extension to be canceled.

My employer said that if they do that, I won't get paid for Oct, they know nothing about anything. So I will go ahead and just try to cancel it myself. Might be a wasted day,  but can but try.  Thanks Joe.