Are there issues obtaining tourist visa's from UK or Ireland?

In the last 2 years I've obtained 4 tourist visa's from my home country, Ireland. Never had an issue.

My question is, in the current environment, would there be an issue ontaining another one from Ireland? 

I appreciate that there are problems when doing so from Thai neighbouring countries, but has this extended to Western consulates?

Applying for and getting the tourist Visa in a Schengen country when you meet the requirements, will not be any problem.

However, having the Visa does not absolutely guarantee that IO will let you enter Thailand.

Your visit history can/will be taken into account for that decision.  And it's not the number of visits that count (you had 4 during last 2 years), but the time you spent in Thailand.

If they suspect that you are not a 'genuine tourist' but are using Tourist Visas to stay long-time in Thailand, you can be denied entry. 

As a rule of thumb if you were less than 180 days per year in Thailand, normally you should be fine.

Also your looks count.  If you come barefoot and in rags, IO will question whether you have sufficient means to stay in Thailand.  And if you wear a suit, tie and attache-case, they will have suspicions that you are working in Thailand.  Smart casual is the preferred dress-code in order not to trigger further enquiery.

The above is not meant to scare you, but it's always useful to be aware of possible eventualities.

In case you are worried after the above, you can post your actual travel-history (dates and time in weeks in Thailand during each of the 4 trips you made).  If it were simple 2-3 week stays each time, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Applying for and getting the tourist Visa in a Schengen country when you meet the requirements, will not be any problem.

Irrelevant, Ireland is not a Schengen country and the Dublin consulate comes under the London Embassy.

38 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

How do you know that? Do you have access to immigration police guidelines?

Nope, not in the IO police guidelines.

Am not a native english speaker and considered 'smart casual' a good descriptor for the middle-ground between under- and overdressing. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Nope, not in the IO police guidelines.

Am not a native english speaker and considered 'smart casual' a good descriptor for the middle-ground between under- and overdressing. 

Your written English is better than that of most native English speakers in this forum.

• Thanks 1