Beginners Questions Re: 90 Day Reporting and TM30

Hello all

Just began my residency in Bangkok. Currently on a Non-Imm B, awaiting extension with work permit.

I arrived in country in mid-Sept, which I assume means I have to file my first 90 day report around mid-December. 

One thing that confused me slightly, is I read somewhere that a first extension is in lieu of a 90 day report. Does that mean when I get my residency extended to 12 months, that session at Immigration counts as a 90 day report? 

Also, considering whether to file 90 days reports online, by post or in person? Obviously online ought to be the easiest, but I see constant complaints about the system not working. By post sounds a good option, compared to spending all day at the nightmare CW centre. 

Does anyone have up to date info on postal/online reporting and TM30? My colleagues recently sent in a 90 day report and there was no requirement to submit TM30 docs, but I have no idea if they will be lenient like this for a new resident.

Thanks for assistance

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date you apply for a extension of stay at immigration.

Online reporting does work for most people. Most problems people have is incorrect info entered on the first page or a old entry (pre 2013) or a new passport. 

Info for 90 day reporting in person or by mail are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

You will need to do a TM30 report before you apply for the extension. They will almost certainly will want one done before they accept the application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1