Proof of Transfer to Thai Bank Account. Is it required

Hi

My Non(O) 1 Year visa extension is due based on Thai Marriage in Bangkok.

I have already credited funds in my account for more than 3 Months from local sources due to my investments in local stock market. 

Is there any new requirement that funds are to be remitted from another country and proof required as well like Remittance receipts etc,.

Thanks

Edited by taken
Needed change

Did you show proof that the funds came from investments in the country. That will be needed for them to accept it. Just showing deposits to your account is not enough. They may also want proof that the income was reported to the revenue department.

If showing income from abroad you have to provide proof that they were transferred into the country.

2 hours ago, taken said:

Is there any new requirement that funds are to be remitted from another country and proof required as well like Remittance receipts etc,.

It’s not new. Income has always been required to come from abroad, and you’re required to show proof with bank statements showing the foreign transfers.

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not new. Income has always been required to come from abroad, and you’re required to show proof with bank statements showing the foreign transfers.

I used to have a marriage extension based on my earnings in Thailand.

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Actually, I still have 3 old passports, could I be grandfathered paying less or just having 200k in the bank?

There has never been grandfathering for extensions based upon marriage. It is only for continuous extensions of stay based upon retirement applied for in or before October of 1998. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, elviajero said:

And I wonder why that is? Why do you have to show the money? To prove you can support yourself, okay. But why does it have to be sourced from outside the country as that would appear to be irrelevant? Perhaps those wiser than me can explain.

Of course, only aliens have to prove they have that amount.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And I wonder why that is? Why do you have to show the money? To prove you can support yourself, okay. But why does it have to be sourced from outside the country as that would appear to be irrelevant? Perhaps those wiser than me can explain.

If you read a few of the posts above, you'd see, for a marriage extension, it doesn't have to be sourced from outside the country.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

... for an extension based upon marriage.

Income earned within the country with proof it was earned legally and the income reported to the revenue department and taxes were paid if required.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I used to have a marriage extension based on my earnings in Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is because a non O does not normally allow you to work. I am not sure when it is based on marriage. I believe you can work on a marriage non O? If you earn money in Thailand working, can you use it for visa extension??? As above, if legally with proof, yes!

Edited by Sumarianson
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There has (never) been grandfathering for extensions based upon marriage. It is only for continuous extensions of stay based upon retirement applied for in or before October of 1998. 

I think you may have missed out the word that I added in brackets?

????

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

You'd think there would be some sort of "Grandfathering" for those of us married to same woman and living in the same house for 15+ years. We've attended the same temple, buried 5 relatives, attended 12 marriages (for family members) and even witnessed the removal and replacement of the temple alligator because the 1st 1 got too old or something. We've frocked a donen monks and matched 200km in presession along the same road for various ceremonies and 98% of the villagers call me "Uncle", "Grandpa" or by my real name and not "The Farang".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Joe's post no. 11 does have the word NEVER in it

It does now. It did not at the time I posted my reply, that was less that 12 after the original 

Moderators are able to edit posts at any time. 

I don’t see the point in making a comment to a month old thread.

43 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It does now. It did not at the time I posted my reply, that was less that 12 after the original 

Moderators are able to edit posts at any time. 

I don’t see the point in making a comment to a month old thread.

Soory, missed the date.

• Like 1