Harvard illegally discriminated against Asians

Yinn

Students for Fair Admissions told the court that an Asian-American male with a 25 percent chance of admission would have a 35 percent chance if he were white, a 75 percent chance if he were Hispanic and be nearly a shoo-in at 95 percent if he were black, the group calculates.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/30/justice-department-says-harvard-illegally-discrimi/?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_id=chacka&utm_campaign=TWT+-+DSA

7 hours ago, Bill3173 said:

A Federal Court judge has already rejected a lawsuit / claims bought by the complainants against Harvard.  

a federal court judge caucasion..

admit it happen, but say ok for that.

859B446A-D339-484C-811E-15D6696A64E2.jpeg

Edited by Yinn

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/harvard-beats-asian-americans/

thai talk about it on Facebook now. 

Thai is Asian. So is not good for thai people. 

A 2013 internal report at Harvard found that if the school weighed applicants on academics alone, 43% of the admitted class would be Asian American, while in reality it was 19%.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/harvard-beats-asian-americans/

A 2013 internal report at Harvard found that if the school weighed applicants on academics alone, 43% of the admitted class would be Asian American, while in reality it was 19%.

How many Thai apply at Harvard? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt they have an Asian quota but definitely a foreign student quota. With the large numbers of Chinese seeking Western education that would definitely put extra strain on admissions. I don't know much about USA admissions but I think Harvard has a pretty free rein in what it decides.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Has it actually been established that they literally have Asian quotas?

Yes, the judge admit already.

This English is very difficult for me.

But 

on the thai website explain it if use exam score Asian will be 42%. 

But asian is only 6.9% of US people. (Asian the most clever/study hard)

But they not want more Asian than caucasion kids.

So they make the  “personality” test. Impossible to really score that one. 

Is up to the caucasion teacher and professor. The caucasion teacher and professor say the caucasion kids have “better personality”.

so the caucasion exam score is lower than the thai/Asian but the caucasion can go because they the better person.

The judge say....

The reason that it is harder for Asian Americans to get into Harvard is that their “personal ratings” (a subjective evaluation of personal qualities) are, on average, significantly lower than for white applicants. The federal judge, Allison D. Burroughs, wrote: “the Court therefore concludes that the data demonstrates a statistically significant and negative relationship between Asian American identity and the personal rating assigned by Harvard admissions officers, holding constant any reasonable set of observable characteristics.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2019/10/01/why-the-asian-american-students-lost-their-case-against-harvard-but-should-have-won/#3936b0ea63c1

When foreigners are discriminated against in Asia we are told it's normal because it's their country/rules and to suck it up. When this happen in the west the judge say it's not and there will be some form of change. Not sure which model is better. ????

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

When foreigners are discriminated against in Asia we are told it's normal because it's their country/rules and to suck it up. When this happen in the west the judge say it's not and there will be some form of change. Not sure which model is better. ????

Not finish it....

SFFA President Edward Blum said in a statement that he was disapointed by the ruling and, "SFFA will appeal this decision to the 1st Court of Appeals and, if necessary, to the U.S Supreme Court."

On 10/3/2019 at 3:38 PM, Jingthing said:

Has it actually been established that they literally have Asian quotas? 

Yes.

Harvard University can racially discriminate in admissions against Asian-Americans to achieve a more diverse student body. That’s the startling essence of a federal judge’s ruling Tuesday that turns the 1964 Civil Rights Act on its head and seems destined for the Supreme Court.

The judge thus enshrines in law the opaque practices of many modern universities that make sure there aren’t too many high-performing Asian-Americans on campus.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/harvards-legal-discrimination-11570143828

nothing new here, it's the same the other way around, Asians discriminate against anybody that's not Asian... as for the university/school admissions it's all about race quotas and big (thicker) envelopes

I'm not convinced there are any actual literal Asian quotas for U.S. elite schools. It can be argued there are policies that in effect serve to limit Asian enrollment, but not literal quotas.

Contrast to the now historical Jewish quotas where it is now confirmed there were actually explicit percentage limits on how many Jewish applicants were allowed to attend. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, Yinn said:

Not finish it....

SFFA President Edward Blum said in a statement that he was disapointed by the ruling and, "SFFA will appeal this decision to the 1st Court of Appeals and, if necessary, to the U.S Supreme Court."

Yes Yinn so its premature to worry about it.  Having read the decision, I can tell you that the Asian folks have a great chance of winning on appeal. Then revisit this issue here. That sort of helps you in shutting down the rascist leftist who think discrimination is good.

Did you know in America, they try to  discriminate against white people too?

28 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

discrimination in any form should be shunned. right yinn ? thoughts on the primitive isan girls you so fondly speak of ?

she may suffer from short memory loss syndrome... usually they only see it one way or better said as "" it's not me it's them"" because Thais don't discriminate against westerns

On 10/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, Yinn said:

Why they not want to go to Chula, Mahidol, Ramkanghang, Kasetsart university?

1 hour ago, sillyfool said:

discrimination in any form should be shunned. right yinn ?

Never will happen. Sorry. Just the dream.

thoughts on the primitive isan girls you so fondly speak of ?

You say that again?

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes Yinn so its premature to worry about it. 

I not worry about it. Up to them. 

Last week on the farang thred many people want to tell me caucasion country so wonderful, no racism, no discrimination, everyone the same. 

I know it not true. 

Having read the decision, I can tell you that the Asian folks have a great chance of winning on appeal. Then revisit this issue here. That sort of helps you in shutting down the rascist leftist who think discrimination is good.

I understand why. Asian to clever. They want white and black kid to go Harvard also. If just exam, nearly everyone will be asain kid.

Did you know in America, they try to  discriminate against white people too?

Must tell jingthing. He not believe.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not convinced there are any actual literal Asian quotas for U.S. elite schools. 

You not listen, you imagine. Up to you. 

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Never will happen. Sorry. Just the dream.

You say that again?

because you never address it with your own thoughts. also this video has nothing to do with what i was referring to and you know it. context my love. please spare me your bs....the discrimination by thai people towards people of isan is sickening. you know it and so does everyone else. stop playing coy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Last week on the farang thred many people want to tell me caucasion country so wonderful, no racism, no discrimination, everyone the same. 

I know it not true. 

No actually Yinn, its a bit more complicated. Speaking of the USA, there is no real rascism or discrimination against anyone except white folks, christians and asians. That discrimination is generally perpetrated by institutions such as universities and governments. In regular life, outside the enclaves of the self loathing elites and their fellow travelers, folks just get along. Its more of a political power thing with its basis in revolutionary marxist thought. 

.the discrimination by thai people towards people of isan is sickening. 

I am from south.

this thred about discrimination caucasion judge/university against Asian/Thai.

Issan is also Asian right?

• Confused 1