Northern Ireland police will not staff border checkpoints, chief says

snoop1130

2 hours ago, placnx said:

Thanks, bristolboy, for the Pew research. The recession in the EU is likely to get worse, and when Germany refuses to spend some of its surplus to revive the EU economy, I suspect that more countries will tend to the Greece profile. This would be the vulnerable ones, notably Italy. Perhaps in the case of Spain, the populist movement will have a resurgence if the economy sinks again.

Actually, I agree that certain members of the Eurozone ought to be infuriated enough by Germany's behavior to at least want to exit the Eurozone. But during the last crisis only a small minority of even the Greeks wanted to exit the Eurozone. It's the Euro, not the EU, that is responsible for most of the suffering after the financial crisis. But for some reason, most people in the Eurozone want to stick with the Euro.

9 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Send the Army to man the border !

You mean the Sally Ann Army .

Brit soldiers get their boots on Ebay ...

Edited by elliss

On 10/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, puipuitom said:

And YOU think, the English will do their utmost in their last European colonies, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar ? 

Better get the Gaelic (con)federation going: Eire, Ulster, Scotland .. just like Belgium: Flanders, Wallone, Brussels and the German East Cantons. Big problem solved.

Ignoring your obvious racial bigotry. Brussels - such a wonderful success of a country. Flanders and Wallone hate one another; they rely on being home to EU bureaucracy as a money spinner and had to run without a government for a long time because their politicians are even more inept than other EU member states ones!

And if we delve into their history their murderous former ruler butchered the Congo for personal financial gain.

What a charming little p-pot of a country. How long before it breaks up?

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Actually, I agree that certain members of the Eurozone ought to be infuriated enough by Germany's behavior to at least want to exit the Eurozone. But during the last crisis only a small minority of even the Greeks wanted to exit the Eurozone. It's the Euro, not the EU, that is responsible for most of the suffering after the financial crisis. But for some reason, most people in the Eurozone want to stick with the Euro.

No doubt Madame Lagarde will bring a refreshing change to the European Central Bank that will make the Euro the envy of the world!

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Ignoring your obvious racial bigotry. Brussels - such a wonderful success of a country. Flanders and Wallone hate one another; they rely on being home to EU bureaucracy as a money spinner and had to run without a government for a long time because their politicians are even more inept than other EU member states ones!

And if we delve into their history their murderous former ruler butchered the Congo for personal financial gain.

What a charming little p-pot of a country. How long before it breaks up?

All very true.

But we never started a civil war, and are not in the least nationalist.

Also we have trappist and chocolat....

And Manneke Pis.

And as for inept politicians: true, but as long as the UK stays in the EU, there is a EU member state with even more inept politicians.

Edited by oldhippy

3 hours ago, elliss said:

I wish .  Ireland was never considered,  by the big mouth Brexit brigade , 

with the big red bus , going nowhere .. oops into a big ditch..

Farage , where are thou, lookthating for a red tie coalition , green tie,  any tie will do,  except blue..

Looking forward to Oct 31,  the big guns are being polished.   Boris cannon fodder ...

That is some uter rubbish you are spouting! 

I've read some utter rubbish on here. Let us get a few things straight for the cheap seats: Great Britain that little island that once had the biggest empire the world has ever seen. That little island that still has the 5th largest economy in the world (even after Germany and France have done so much to weaken her) the 4th most powerful military in the world and people on here talk about her as if she is some 4th rate country who needs southern Ireland (biggest export market for ire is GB and not the EU). Not even looking at trade deficits with Europe. Like it or not GB is about to break free and the majority of the people of GB want out. We want out borders back, we want our own laws and we want to decide who we let in and kick out. I am so looking forward to the next general election. The traitors have shown themselves the lies they told at the last election are remembered. Our swomp is about to be drained. If Boris gives the country what it voted for he will go down in history as a modern day Churchill. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

I've read some utter rubbish on here. Let us get a few things straight for the cheap seats: Great Britain that little island that once had the biggest empire the world has ever seen. That little island that still has the 5th largest economy in the world (even after Germany and France have done so much to weaken her) the 4th most powerful military in the world and people on here talk about her as if she is some 4th rate country who needs southern Ireland (biggest export market for ire is GB and not the EU). Not even looking at trade deficits with Europe. Like it or not GB is about to break free and the majority of the people of GB want out. We want out borders back, we want our own laws and we want to decide who we let in and kick out. I am so looking forward to the next general election. The traitors have shown themselves the lies they told at the last election are remembered. Our swomp is about to be drained. If Boris gives the country what it voted for he will go down in history as a modern day Churchill. 

I assume you have never read a Churchill biography? If you had, you would not want your hero to be called "the new Churchill". By the way, that racist has a grandson, ever heard about him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

"and people on here talk about her as if she is some 4th rate country who needs southern Ireland (biggest export market for ire is GB and not the EU)"

So utterly false it's laughable Exports to EU in the top 15 countries amount to almost 60 billion. Throw in the USA and Switzerland and it comes to over 100 billion.

Value Year
United States $46.39B 2018
Belgium $21.83B 2018
United Kingdom $19.09B 2018
Germany $12.51B 2018
Netherlands $9.05B 2018
Switzerland $7.68B 2018
France $6.35B 2018
China $5.54B 2018
Japan $4.78B 2018
Italy $4.31B 2018
Spain $3.04B 2018
Mexico $1.68B 2018
Canada $1.60B 2018
Poland $1.37B 2018
Sweden $1.09B 2018

https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/exports-by-country

• Like 1

Nothing more rubbish than bombastic twaddle masquerading as something other than that.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1