Prayut urges people not to panic over pollution, while academic finds govt solutions ineffective

rooster59

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DLock said:

Ok, so what are you doing to "promote" it Pinocchio?

There are so many electric vehicles available worldwide, but you choose to put ridiculous taxes and import restrictions on them.

A 2017 Tesla X (on One-2-Car) is between 6 - 7 million baht in Thailand.

If you were serious, you would be fostering a local electric vehicle industry as a priority, building a charging station network, reduces taxes to make them affordable, or even giving subsidies to encourage people to go electric.

But no, as usual, your words ring hollow and meaningless.

Dance Pinocchio...dance.

So where do you think the Power comes from for all that Extra Electricity .Do you Realy think that that is All Clean Power? think again what are they burning /using to make the electricity ?

8 hours ago, neeray said:

Who's the busty babe? Maybe just a prop for the photo op?

Don't know, but you have to laugh at the initial photo - the caption says,

"Photo credit: Royal Thai Government's website, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Left)

Like you, I already worked out who was Prayut - and which one wasn't. 

I didn't need to be told he was on the 'left'!

9 hours ago, DLock said:

Ok, so what are you doing to "promote" it Pinocchio?

There are so many electric vehicles available worldwide, but you choose to put ridiculous taxes and import restrictions on them.

A 2017 Tesla X (on One-2-Car) is between 6 - 7 million baht in Thailand.

If you were serious, you would be fostering a local electric vehicle industry as a priority, building a charging station network, reduces taxes to make them affordable, or even giving subsidies to encourage people to go electric.

But no, as usual, your words ring hollow and meaningless.

Dance Pinocchio...dance.

But that would be going forward, he wants Thailand to go backwards with citizens wearing traditional Thai clothes when they work, out on the streets shopping etc. 

Forward (also meaning FF) is not on his agenda.

I don't think more hot air is the solution for the hot air problem.

And why is he still allowed to have a TV program?
Good question. Who will stop him ? Guess nobody. Think he will be around for many years more.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, huntandcollect said:

Good question. Who will stop him ? Guess nobody. Think he will be around for many years more.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I hope not and I do believe his very fragile coalition will suddenly collapse and be irreparable and I suspect it won't take long.

What happens next? Anybody's guess, but I hope FF will gain more momentum and more followers.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I hope not and I do believe his very fragile coalition will suddenly collapse and be irreparable and I suspect it won't take long.

What happens next? Anybody's guess, but I hope FF will gain more momentum and more followers.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel.

And a high speed train won't fix that. 

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

So where do you think the Power comes from for all that Extra Electricity .Do you Realy think that that is All Clean Power? think again what are they burning /using to make the electricity ?

How much pollution a single thermic power plant produce vs thousand of semi-maintained motor vehicles? 

Yep when I am in Thailand, I remember that it is a third world country and not

a wealthy country that can afford the latest greatest new clean burning power stations.

If I were to see a coal fired power plant, I would take comfort that it is reliable power,

I would not have a hairy wondering why there is no nuke power plant, or wind mills that

kill millions of birds, or a field of solar panels that could be prone to theft of parts, lets not forget some people like to steal in the night.  I do not panic about the air pollutions as I try

to get away from Bangkok and other big cities when I am visiting. So for the green people,

lets not forget that you probably flew to get to Thailand, and that you have a motorcycle or car to get around, and you use electricity where ever you are staying to run the fridge, fan, or AC and lights.  Be happy that you are south of the 2 major world polluters, China and Russia, as well as some of Europe and the Middle East.  Plus in Thailand you do not pay a carbon tax for your footprint. Come to Canada and enjoy that treatment.

Geezer

13 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Don't know, but you have to laugh at the initial photo - the caption says,

"Photo credit: Royal Thai Government's website, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Left)

Like you, I already worked out who was Prayut - and which one wasn't. 

I didn't need to be told he was on the 'left'!

I think they meant, erroneously, "Leftist".

General Prayuth we are not panicked over the air. We are panicked about your extreme lack of competence and solutions. We would prefer someone capable to lead the nation. Would you please resign yesterday? You are literally running your country into the ground and erasing decades of progress. 

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Instead, he said, the government should follow China’s way of tackling air pollution in Beijing, where it promoted the use of electric motorbikes and cut down on the number of cars.

Thailands answer was to slap an import duty on the Toyota leaf EV vehicle from Japan....

it will set you back 2 million baht for a mid sized car, effectively killing of any sales to all but the rich who have the money to throw around....

Thailand wants to keep the smog machines going to keep the oil industry happy & the taxes coming in !!!!!

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yep when I am in Thailand, I remember that it is a third world country and not

a wealthy country that can afford the latest greatest new clean burning power stations.

If I were to see a coal fired power plant, I would take comfort that it is reliable power,

I would not have a hairy wondering why there is no nuke power plant, or wind mills that

kill millions of birds, or a field of solar panels that could be prone to theft of parts, lets not forget some people like to steal in the night.  I do not panic about the air pollutions as I try

to get away from Bangkok and other big cities when I am visiting. So for the green people,

lets not forget that you probably flew to get to Thailand, and that you have a motorcycle or car to get around, and you use electricity where ever you are staying to run the fridge, fan, or AC and lights.  Be happy that you are south of the 2 major world polluters, China and Russia, as well as some of Europe and the Middle East.  Plus in Thailand you do not pay a carbon tax for your footprint. Come to Canada and enjoy that treatment.

Geezer

Thinking that air polution is only about foreigners coming here, is rather arrogant. Millions of Thai, kids, are suffering increasingly from the open field and garbage burning. Events that are relatively easily solved when laws are enforced.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:29 AM, rooster59 said:

PM2.5 is dangerous, especially for children, babies, pregnant women and elders, whose immunity is too fragile to tackle the microscopic dust

I don't believe anyone has developed an "immunity" to microscopic dust.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Thailands answer was to slap an import duty on the Toyota leaf EV vehicle from Japan....

it will set you back 2 million baht for a mid sized car, effectively killing of any sales to all but the rich who have the money to throw around....

Thailand wants to keep the smog machines going to keep the oil industry happy & the taxes coming in !!!!!

All this while they are one of the few nations in the world still actively promoting diesel vehicles and the growing of cane, thereby encouraging the excessive burning leading to ever more pollution, and poorly maintained diesels which foul the air to no end. 

If this nation has ever had a more hapless and less competent administration, it is beyond memory. The extreme lack of solutions is stunning. 

Prayuth and his utterly useless army. Moving the nation backwards at an astonishing pace. Making sure they never, ever do anything that benefits the common Thai, or the ex-pat community. Protect the elites, those who are in power, and the wealthy at all costs. 

Virtually all of the PM's statements allude to PM 2.5 pollution in Bangkok.  I'm getting this view from native Thais that I know well. 

Look at what he concentrates his talks on: vehicle pollution and air pollution during December.  This isn't about the provinces, especially the North.  It's only about where he resides - Bangkok. No one I've spoke to believes he or his government cares about the rest of the country where the majority of Thais live and work - and sicken and die due to what is now become 'the worst air qaulity in the world' during the hot seasons when the burning starts in earnest in the North.  The PM does not live here, and the MPs don't live here outside of the Big Mango, Krung Thep.  Back to the great cultural divide between the Haves in Bangkok and the Have Nots in the provinces.  Guess which group gets lip service?

1 hour ago, Buba Ho Tep said:

Virtually all of the PM's statements allude to PM 2.5 pollution in Bangkok.  I'm getting this view from native Thais that I know well. 

Look at what he concentrates his talks on: vehicle pollution and air pollution during December.  This isn't about the provinces, especially the North.  It's only about where he resides - Bangkok. No one I've spoke to believes he or his government cares about the rest of the country where the majority of Thais live and work - and sicken and die due to what is now become 'the worst air qaulity in the world' during the hot seasons when the burning starts in earnest in the North.  The PM does not live here, and the MPs don't live here outside of the Big Mango, Krung Thep.  Back to the great cultural divide between the Haves in Bangkok and the Have Nots in the provinces.  Guess which group gets lip service?

But the provinces had the opportunity to make a difference at the voting booths by outnumbering Bangkok... but squandered their choice.... some poorer northern folk even sold their vote for a measly 500 baht... 

maybe by the time the next election they will have hurt enough to remember not to repeat their mistake !

17 hours ago, Tayaout said:

How much pollution a single thermic power plant produce vs thousand of semi-maintained motor vehicles? 

If you look at the Size of it it matters .how many times is a power plant bigger then a  car? How much fuel does a power plant  burn? 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But the provinces had the opportunity to make a difference at the voting booths by outnumbering Bangkok... but squandered their choice.... some poorer northern folk even sold their vote for a measly 500 baht... 

maybe by the time the next election they will have hurt enough to remember not to repeat their mistake !

Mistake? Ask for 1000 next election?

3 hours ago, Buba Ho Tep said:

Exceedingly true. Always keep in mind one thing about Prayuth and the army. They are in power to protect the powerful, those who are connected, the elite, the army, and the police. It was never about the people. He cares not one iota about the common Thai, and even less about us terrible, trouble making, pesty ex-pats.  

On 10/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, rooster59 said:

saying it is necessary to understand it first.

Wow - the great elected(?) leader doesn't understand it? So we must re-invent the wheel? Because we are too dumb to learn from others who already know?

Or maybe a more sinister motive - the flow of money needs to be settled first? ????

Archived