Refill household gas bottle options.

swbaggies

Hi

Could someone tell me the best place to refill a 15kg green gas tank for household use. I believe there is somewhere close to the big supercheap by mission hospital but I am not sure of its exact location. 

I'm after refilling my existing bottle rather than swapping for a full one. 

Does anyone know the above or other options? 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Daft question , but apart from some odd sentimental value, why would you want to keep the old one  ? 

Perhaps cos his own one is much fresher looking paint wise compared with a battered chipped very old one supplied as replacement.  And that another supplier might not even take.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

i do not really know WHY such questions are allowed on here, when the answer is OBVIOUS....

And I dont know why people with nothing better to do in their lives respond to questions where their input is as insignificant as they are.

Maybe it is these posters that should not be allowed on here rather than those asking genuine questions.

Thank you for those with genuine assistance. For what it is worth, I want to keep the clean bottle I have as in the past vendors are reluctant to swap a good bottle for an old one. Therefore, if I fill up the one I have I do not have to go from shop to shop looking for good quality bottles thinking of the next time.

I have asked the local shops but they don't know which is more likely just to get me to swap with one of them and give them the business, which I understand just not what I wish to do.

• Like 1

With the right adaptor any LPG fuel station will be able (if not willing) to fill your bottle. Campers/caravanners going UK<=>Europe use them all the time as bottles must be empty if using ferries or the tunnel.

Something like this:-

HTB1kqMpeW5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXaB.jpg

Note, I don't have an LPG vehicle so I've no idea if that's the correct vehicle end for Thailand.

Also note, you'll be paying the vehicle LPG rate, not the subsidised "cooking gas" rate.

But to be honest, if the bottle is current on the test stamp does it really matter what it looks like?

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

You are missing my point. The tank gas delivery  men try to exchange for a rubbish condition tank, as in they are trying to offload a poor condition tank. Then no one will accept that tank. I well know as over the years so many of my guests stupid enough to accept a rubbish tank and we end up having to buy new tanks about 1,000 baht a number of years ago.. 

I don't know how the system works, but I would think any obviously cr_ppy bottle is refurbished...They must be expensive to manufacture, way more than your 1000bht.

29 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

You are missing my point. The tank gas delivery  men try to exchange for a rubbish condition tank, as in they are trying to offload a poor condition tank. Then no one will accept that tank. I well know as over the years so many of my guests stupid enough to accept a rubbish tank and we end up having to buy new tanks about 1,000 baht a number of years ago.. 

My wife's has always been fussy about this but I never really understood why. Maybe I do now.

You live and learn.

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

We always swap bottles at the neighboring village shop and he will hardly refuse to accept the bottle he handed out :biggrin:

Difference between village life and anonymous life in the hotspots.

We always use the same supplier, most of his bottles are pretty new. We've actually used him since we came to Thailand, even when we moved house we stick with the devil we know ????

Since we go and collect Madam will reject any really mangy ones.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
24 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

My wife's has always been fussy about this but I never really understood why. Maybe I do now.

You live and learn.

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

We always swap bottles at the neighboring village shop and he will hardly refuse to accept the bottle he handed out :biggrin:

Difference between village life and anonymous life in the hotspots.

We do not have a local outlet nor a car, but our local Songthaew driver does a regular run to the refill center in town.

He knows she will not accept an old, crappy one so ours is always nice and green. We probably get the same one back, but I've never bothered to check.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

I used to drive and exchange at the local shop here in town. The walls were lined with 100s of full bottles and the help was always smoking. I now have them delivered. One crappy looking bottle for another crappy looking bottle.

Not exactly helpful to the OP though. I haven't been blown up yet, but there's still tomorrow.

Edited by Shot

I have 2 bottles, one good and one medium good looking. Whenever one is empty I go to the same shop I have been going to for years, opposite Kata temple, and exchange for at least the same quality. If lower quality is offered I ask for and always without any problems get a better one, if not available they come and deliver a few hours later.

Op could try the same, simply ask for good one, if not possible ask them to refill for you, or if necessary ask them where they get delivered from. Many similar shops all over the island.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:42 PM, essox essox said:

i do not really know WHY such questions are allowed on here, when the answer is OBVIOUS....

Maybe they're allowed for the same reason that a smartass, no-value-add response to a post in the Phuket local forum is allowed from a poster from a different province.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, LivinginKata said:

Perhaps cos his own one is much fresher looking paint wise compared with a battered chipped very old one supplied as replacement.  And that another supplier might not even take.

That happened to me once. It was my landlord's rusty old bottle. I now make sure I get a decent looking one.

• Like 1