Patongs Soi Crock And The Straight Bars There In...

SoiSong

post-37811-1174719814_thumb.jpgLet me just clear the air about some simple terms so I can discuss the Strainght Bars in Soi Crock.

Homophobic...... Fear of Homosexuals......... If you just don't like homosexuals that is your business and would be unfairly labeled phobic as you don't fear gays

Transgenderphobic often misused with Honophibic but the fear of Transgendered or Transvestite (Drag Queens) is the fear fo Trans Gendered persons, If you just don't like them you are not phobic (afraid) you don't like them.

In the often poor use of both labels lumping people who don't like homosexuals or people who don't like transgendered/transvites is wholly unfair.

I don't mind gays, a few of the bars I hang in have gay bartenders, both male and female etc. Had gay tennants in my apartments in San Francisco, blah blah blah etc..

Now at to Transgendered/Transvite people I don't like them. The are loaded up on hormones and other drugs to alter their gender or appear to have altered their gender and those drugs make them too nuts and highly unpredictable.....

I've made the run down Soi Katoey to visit a few of the straight bars. Generally I get only as close as a few bars on the south side of Soi Bangle........ Have no plans to visit Cocktails and Dreams or any of the Lady Boy shows..... Mai Pen Rai, however if I make it a practice to avoid them.......Mai Pen Rai, also....... Don't make me phobic

Now is the question......Soi Eric doesn't allow LB's to enter the area as in passing north of Malibu Bar. Soi Eric is a bit dead now and I predict it wiil become even more quiet when Soi Sea Pearl gets in full swing. Soi Sea Pearls also has a no LB policy and will have security at the entrance to keep out LB's. If that is the wish of Eric on his Soi and K !@##$% the owner of Soi Seapearl that is there wish, and a very concious business decission.....I don't find that people who would prefer to not mix with the transgender/transvestites as phobic. They just don't want them around.

Having made that clear, which was very important..

Do you prefer areas that provide a Transgender/Transvestiti free zone over places like Soi Kateoy on Bangla Road? I must add that LB Free Zones are pretty much the norm rather tham the exception.......

How do I vote, let the LB's have their space but stay out of mine! I just don't like'em and ain't never going to "Go With Lady Boy"

Anybody here chose their night time venues as to the policy of admitting Transgendered/Transvestite persons?

I

....The are loaded up on hormones and other drugs to alter their gender or appear to have altered their gender and those drugs make them too nuts and highly unpredictable.....

Sounds like the voice of experience to me :o is there anything else you might like to share with the group?

Oh yea, and <deleted> is the relevance of a Q-Bar waitress to this rant?

/TTIWjustfineWP

Edited by slackula

so youre saying you dont mind gay blokes....just the ones wearing frocks? which category would a gay scotsman wearing a kilt fall into? or for that matter a straight scotsman wearing a kilt?

dame edna is very much a straight man wearing a frock. i dont believe barry humphries is into 'hormones and other drugs' that may 'alter his gender or make him too nuts or unpredictable' so does he also fall into the group you 'dont want to be around'?

just want to get this straight before i send out the invitations to my bbq ..... :o:D

a trolling we will go ... a trolling we will go!

So Gestalt therapy would present 1 reason for this .... the other reason is well ..... :o

<donna: easily solved .. will bring Nat to the BBQ .. that way both gay men and LB's will be represented :D >

so youre saying you dont mind gay blokes.... ccorrect

just the ones wearing frocks? TRUE which category would a gay scotsman wearing a kilt fall into? The KIlt is a National Historical Garment or for that matter a straight scotsman wearing a kilt? "Gay or Straight they are participating in a National Activity"

dame edna is very much a straight man wearing a frock. Dame Edna is a sick puppy i dont believe barry humphries is into 'hormones and other drugs' that may 'alter his gender or make him too nuts or unpredictable' so does he also fall into the group you 'dont want to be around'?

just want to get this straight before i send out the invitations to my bbq ..... :o:D

Altought the post is unresponsive............Do you have anything other than a troll/flame to offer as to a postion on Transvestites/Transgenders in the Punters Area of Patong? As to you BBG will you be inviting any Arabs? As with a Scotsman I don't find the Arab garb to be offensive....

I asked a question, is there answer here. Although it was directed to the male members I'm glad we had a "womans touch" .......Twas very informative....thank you again.

....The are loaded up on hormones and other drugs to alter their gender or appear to have altered their gender and those drugs make them too nuts and highly unpredictable.....

Sounds like the voice of experience to me :o is there anything else you might like to share with the group?

I think that TV and Trannies are very dangerous people Oh yea, and &lt;deleted&gt; is the relevance of a Q-Bar waitress to this rant? The pic is of a TV sex worker who hangs out at the Q bar and is noted for a high price and goes only with Arabs.

/TTIWjustfineWP

You may not have a phobia by your definitions, but you certainly seem to have an obscession.

Yes, a very strong Obsession, one of which I'm verfy proud! I stay clear of TV's and Trannies........ A sorry Lot!

There is yet to be a great problem in thailand as to the LB issues. Where do they go when they get old and nobody wants to see them. This sorry rage is not new but one the scale it happens now where will they go when they are used up. I sta with my Isssan Familly every other month and NOBODY in Issan wants them. When will they go.....Well, there is one in Patong that owns a bar on beach road but likely it will be a case of their exsistance saddens even more with age........ NO sex for money, no jobs as entertainers what will they do as people of thailand don't want them. IT is going to be a big problem! What to do with Used Up LB's right now one very sad aspect of their exsistance is riing in as a demographic. High Death rates at an early age. Both self inflicted and abnormal deaths related to organ failure because of the horrific level of hormones injected.....Plain and Simple, they are dying young due to their life styles... I lived in the Hill of San Francisco adn drove thru the "Castro" gay neighborhood everyday. the place was bustling but 25 years later is is a smallish community where the motrality rate was many time higher than normal people, as is the case with transgender...

Edited by SoiSong

Back to my Question:

Do you prefer areas that provide a Transgender/Transvestiti free zone over places like Soi Kateoy on Bangla Road? I must add that LB Free Zones are pretty much the norm rather tham the exception.......

How do I vote, let the LB's have their space but stay out of mine! I just don't like'em and ain't never going to "Go With Lady Boy"

Anybody here chose their night time venues as to the policy of admitting Transgendered/Transvestite persons

anyone care to voice their opinion.......

NOTE: Of all the people getting pics with LB's on Soi Bangla it is Families and Asian tourist M/F couples....... Right Gents wouldn't give them the time of day...... As you almost never see a Right Gent (meaning non-genderbender) having a pose with a Transgendered person.

Back to my Question:

Do you prefer areas that provide a Transgender/Transvestiti free zone over places like Soi Kateoy on Bangla Road?

You mean zones like the Nazis in WWII wanted for Europe -and did-...free of Jews? :o

If you don't like Thailand/Phuket as it is, why don't you move back to SF ?

Have some respect for your fellow human beings who are different than you are ! :D

edit:

" How do I vote, let the LB's have their space but stay out of mine! "

What the heck do you mean.....your space ? It's their country not yours !

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Back to my Question:

Do you prefer areas that provide a Transgender/Transvestiti free zone over places like Soi Kateoy on Bangla Road?

You mean zones like the Nazis in WWII wanted for Europe -and did-...free of Jews? :o

If you don't like Thailand/Phuket as it is, why don't you move back to SF ?

Have some respect for your fellow human beings who are different than you are ! :D

edit:

" How do I vote, let the LB's have their space but stay out of mine! "

What the heck do you mean.....your space ? It's their country not yours !

LaoPo

It may be the "country" of this person or that, but the essence of private property is the right of its lawful owner to decide who enters into it and who does not. If the owner of a bar or a bar complex wishes to exclude a group of persons so as to maximize their benefit, economic or otherwise, and can do so without violating the law, so be it. If you disagree, feel free to advocate for change in the marketplace of ideas and may the zeitgeist be with you.

post-37811-1174763084_thumb.jpg tis this your choice....up to you!

The question is...

Do punters like places like Soi Eric and soon to be Soi Sea Pearl that bar Transgendered Sex Workers ????

The rest of posts have nothing to do with the question..... why all the flames and trolls.....Really now, A "Super Moddie" responding to a clear question with those comments.... Naught Naughy!!!!!!!!!!

WILL PUNTERS GRAVATATE TO A ZONE THAT IS "TRANSGENDER FREE" I BELIEVE THAT THOSE BUSINESS PEOPLE WHO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHT TO RESTRICT TRANSGENDERED SEX WORKERS WILL BE GETTING ALOT MORE BUSINESS. IF ONE WISHES TO AVOID SUCH A GROUP IT IS ONES RIGHTS........

DO MALE, "RIGHT GENT", PUNTERS PREFER TRANSGENDER FREE BAR AREAS! YES! HAVE A LOOK ABOUT PATONG AND MABY OTHER PLACES, THEY HAVE TRANSGENDERED SEX WORKER ZONES AND NON TRANSGENDERED SEX WORKER ZONES. OPEN TO THE PUNTER....GO WITH WOMAN, GO WITH MAN OR GO WITH TRANSGENDERED PERSON...YOU DON'T SEE THE SOI PARADISE CROWN LEAKING OVER TO SOI BANGLA, NOW DO YOU.....SOMETHING FOR EXERYBODY, RIGHT GENTS AND THEN THE REST WHOM PREFER HOMO/TRANSGENERED PEOPLE! ROOM FOR EVERYBODY BUT JUST ALLOW THR RIGHT GENTS TO HAVE THEIR PLACE.... AS THEY PREFER!

Edited by maestro
Duplicate photo – of SoiSong's friend? – deleted.

post-37811-1174763416.jpg

And the answer is that no-one seems to care sufficiently to answer your question. One of Thailand's great virtues is the tolerance it shows to people who don't fit the mainstream.

Most tolerant, I would just prefer to have my "sighting zone" clear. I agree that all should exsist.....but not in my face as Transgendered Sex Workers are way too aggressive......As the real girls who are sex worrkers......Tthey don't want transgendered sexworkers in their place of employment, that is a fact!

You may not have a phobia by your definitions, but you certainly seem to have an obscession.

Yes, a very strong Obsession, one of which I'm verfy proud! I stay clear of TV's and Trannies........ A sorry Lot!

There is yet to be a great problem in thailand as to the LB issues. Where do they go when they get old and nobody wants to see them. This sorry rage is not new but one the scale it happens now where will they go when they are used up. I sta with my Isssan Familly every other month and NOBODY in Issan wants them. When will they go.....Well, there is one in Patong that owns a bar on beach road but likely it will be a case of their exsistance saddens even more with age........ NO sex for money, no jobs as entertainers what will they do as people of thailand don't want them. IT is going to be a big problem! What to do with Used Up LB's right now one very sad aspect of their exsistance is riing in as a demographic. High Death rates at an early age. Both self inflicted and abnormal deaths related to organ failure because of the horrific level of hormones injected.....Plain and Simple, they are dying young due to their life styles... I lived in the Hill of San Francisco adn drove thru the "Castro" gay neighborhood everyday. the place was bustling but 25 years later is is a smallish community where the motrality rate was many time higher than normal people, as is the case with transgender...

Ahh my american friend, I wonder when you get old who would want to see you ?

And the answer is that no-one seems to care sufficiently to answer your question. One of Thailand's great virtues is the tolerance it shows to people who don't fit the mainstream.

Yes good post! that should be the end of it!

Yes good post! that should be the end of it!

Agreed. endure for the win!

SoiSong: stop prattling on about Arabs and Gays and Ladyboys and blah blah blah.

If you don't like the places they hang out then don't go there but please keep your ridiculous, infantile prejudices to yourself. Why don't you move to Alabama or Tennessee or someplace else where your views are popular?

Altought the post is unresponsive............Do you have anything other than a troll/flame to offer as to a postion on Transvestites/Transgenders in the Punters Area of Patong? As to you BBG will you be inviting any Arabs? As with a Scotsman I don't find the Arab garb to be offensive....

I asked a question, is there answer here. Although it was directed to the male members I'm glad we had a "womans touch" .......Twas very informative....thank you again.

Back to my Question:

Anybody here chose their night time venues as to the policy of admitting Transgendered/Transvestite persons

anyone care to voice their opinion.......

NOTE: Of all the people getting pics with LB's on Soi Bangla it is Families and Asian tourist M/F couples....... Right Gents wouldn't give them the time of day...... As you almost never see a Right Gent (meaning non-genderbender) having a pose with a Transgendered person.

in response to your criticism of my post, i was questioning the point you make of not minding gay blokes, but transvestites and transsexuals are not your cup of tea. so, if a gay man who you have been talking to yesterday greets you in the street today wearing a dress, and now being 'transvestite' he is no longer your friend?

to answer your questions clearly directed at me:

Will i be inviting any arabs to my bbq?

no. but this is only because i do not have any arabic friends in phuket. if i had any arabic friends living in phuket, i see no reason why i would not invite them. same in australia. i hosted many parties at my place, and the mixture of guests was fabulous. i do not discriminate against race, religion or colour, and as i have pointed out to you, the only group of people i do not have any tolerance for are homophobics.

do i have anything to "offer as to a postion on Transvestites/Transgenders in the Punters Area of Patong?"

yes i do. i say they are human beings with feelings, emotions, a right to earn a living and a right to live their lives in a free society. it does not bother me in the slightest whether there are transvestites, transsexuals, homosexuals or bisexuals working in a place i drink or eat.

i have two transgendered friends. one back in australia and one in thailand, who is a prominent member of this board. both very different people in many ways, and i do not even think of them as men. they are feminine and have a lot to offer in the way of friendship.

i do not personally know any female to male transsexuals, but i do wonder if you would hold the same opinion of them?

what i do NOT believe in is segregation. 'all jews in the red area', 'all transvestites in the pink area', 'all homosexuals in the fuschia area', 'all arabs in the white area', 'all americans in the black area' 'all poor people in the brown area'. looks pretty silly, huh?

we are all human beings trying to get by in this (at times) pretty messed up world and trying to enjoy it as much as we can. why not just take people as they are and accept the way that they have chosen to live their lives?

transvestites and transsexuals are one of the big tourist attractions in thailand. it is your choice to not associate with them, and i respect your strong stance on it (it doesnt mean i have to agree with you) but the area of soi bangla is famous for its girly bars as well as the ladyboys. if you really want to drink in an area free of these kind of people, i suggest you try another area.

Methinks he doth protest too much.. Repressed ??

Anyway just for the record SoiSong (AKA Honolulu Jimmy AKA 10's of other handles) has been banned from loads of other Thai based forums over and over again.. This just seems his latest sandbox..

Methinks he doth protest too much.. Repressed ??

Anyway just for the record SoiSong (AKA Honolulu Jimmy AKA 10's of other handles) has been banned from loads of other Thai based forums over and over again.. This just seems his latest sandbox..

i still don't get why people would do that??

I mean what satisfaction do they get out of it - wwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhheeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy i've annoyed another three people on an internet forum, pass me the box of tissues

maybe "trolls" should have their own sub forum. You must have been banned a minimum of 3 times from more than two forums to be allowed to post in it etc etc

bugger. i really wanted him to come to my 'ladyboy party'. what a shame. of course you all now know that you must wear a frock to my house when you come! that includes you wolfie. (can you shave your legs first tho?)

bugger. i really wanted him to come to my 'ladyboy party'. what a shame. of course you all now know that you must wear a frock to my house when you come! that includes you wolfie. (can you shave your legs first tho?)

Only my legs?

I like wearing a frock sometimes, but then i guess i'm not a 'right gent' :o