Airasia`s Plans

Hi guys, I`m flying on the 06.40 flight from BKK to CEI on 1/4/07. Does anyone know if that flight will be leaving from Svb or DM as I`ve read some posts regarding other airlines but haven`t heard anything regarding Airasia?

Thanks in advance,

Chang35baht

Why don't you give AirAsia a call and find out?

My friend flies out from Surat on the 31st of March and so I called 12go (which is the airline he is taking0 for him and was told he will be flying into Don Muang.

AirAsia is staying at Suvarnabhumi for the foreseeable future. All AirAsia flights.

AirAsia would move to Don Muang in a heartbeat if the AOT would allow them to operate international flights from Don Muang, but so far that's a no-go.

Flights from DMK ( Don Muang) will have 4 digits in the Flight# like TG1234 and BKK (Suvarnabhumi) will use 3 digits in the Flight# TG123. Plus refer to the three letter airport ID as shown above ( DMK and BKK).

AirAsia will probably move back to DMK in the near future. It all depends on how the Pax like using BKK as opposed to DMK.

As sbk mentioned, a call would confirm your flight. I never fly AirAsia so a call is suggested. Even their web page.

:o

Edited by ilyushin

Hi guys, I`m flying on the 06.40 flight from BKK to CEI on 1/4/07. Does anyone know if that flight will be leaving from Svb or DM as I`ve read some posts regarding other airlines but haven`t heard anything regarding Airasia?

Thanks in advance,

Chang35baht

Nok Air Only 3 airlines so far to move to Don Muang.

1 2 Go

Thai Airways (Domestic)

Here is the news article and also a link schedule from DMK.

BREAKING NEWS

Don Muang set to re-open this weekend

Don Muang Airport is ready to re-open for domestic flights on March 25 as planned as three airlines will initially shift their services from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang, according to Airport of Thailand (Aot) Acting President Kalaya Pakakrong.

Ms. Kalaya said security measures and facilities to serve airlines and passengers at Don Muang Airport were in place for the reopening of Don Muang Airport on March 25.

"Three airlines will initially return their domestic services to Don Muang -- Thai Airways, Nok Air (a subsidiary of Thai) and Orient Thai Airlines," she said.

The three airlines will offer 140 flights daily with 18,000 passengers, she said, adding that if there would be more airlines return their operations to Don Muang in the future, the airport would be ready to accommodate their needs.

She said it was expected that some 5 million passengers from the three airlines would use the airport.

Recently decommissioned Don Muang was scheduled to reopen from March 25, which would help alleviate congestion at the new airport while repairs are carried out.

The domestic terminal will be the main terminal at Don Muang with a capacity to accommodate 11 million passengers annually, Ms. Kalaya said.

She said after Don Muang is reopened for six months, AoT will evaluate the airport and report its result to the Transport Ministry.

"The evaluation report would be a major factor to decide whether the international flights will operate from Don Muang in the future or not," she said.

However, the acting AoT president said she saw the airport as capable of serving international flights in the region.

Meanwhile, Flight Lieutenant Pinit Saraithong, Don Muang's general manager, said all facilities are ready to serve passengers, including parking lots, taxi service, restaurants and souvenir shops.

The first four commercial flights to operate at Don Muang Airport would depart at 6 am: Thai flight TG 1020 Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani, and Nok Air flights DD 9200 Bangkok-Udon Thani, DD7804 Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat and DD 7102 Bangkok-Hat Yai.

Passengers should note that the code of Don Muang Airport will change from BKK to DMK. (TNA)

Domestic Time Table Link

http://www2.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/b...df/domestic.pdf

I see only three-diget flight numbers.

Bangkok Post : General news

... has changed from Bangkok airport to Don Muang airport and its code name from BKK ... flights at Don Muang will have a four-digit number code beginning with ...www.bangkokpost.com/News/21Mar2007_news16.php

Edited by ilyushin

Flights from DMK ( Don Muang) will have 4 digits in the Flight#...

I believe this statement is not correct in this form. It is true that Thai Airways announced that it will use four-digit flight numbers for its flights from Don Muang (DMK), but it would be wrong to assume that other airlines moving some flight to DMK are doing the same, or that all flights with four-digit numbers of any airline will leave from DMK.

--

Maestro

I believe this statement is not correct in this form. It is true that Thai Airways announced that it will use four-digit flight numbers for its flights from Don Muang (DMK), but it would be wrong to assume that other airlines moving some flight to DMK are doing the same, or that all flights with four-digit numbers of any airline will leave from DMK.

Correct. This would seem to apply solely to THAI flights. Thai AirAsia use four-digit numbers for all of their flights and pretty much always have. AirAsia (Malaysia) uses a mix of three-digit and four-digit flight numbers. And again, AirAsia is not moving to Don Muang, at least until the AOT allow international operations at DMK.

Correct. This would seem to apply solely to THAI flights. Thai AirAsia use four-digit numbers for all of their flights and pretty much always have. AirAsia (Malaysia) uses a mix of three-digit and four-digit flight numbers. And again, AirAsia is not moving to Don Muang, at least until the AOT allow international operations at DMK.

Currently Thai and Nok Air are using the 4-diget flight numbers at DMK.

AirAsia will probably be the next to move so they will have no problems with the FN.

Thanks ilyushin for your input. So if you are correct then my flight FD3250 will be leaving from Don muang. And yes I wil be getting it confirmed over the phone. Not much joy on their website.

Hi

Are you sure you are on an Air Asia flight? I thought their code AK is prefixed to all flights!

TBWG :o