New IoT devices considered to prevent crime, make roads safer

snoop1130

Ah, the old National Security chestnut again. Incompetent Paranoid military scheming to graft more Baht from the taxpayer through hair-brained projects that will, once all the budgets have been "appropriated", fade into history.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Regarding the installation on Police vehicles, how long before all the high-tech breaks down due to lack of maintenance ?

Or plainly due to careless use ?

or even who knows,  sabotage from some officers who do not want to show their whereabouts on duty and then have to share the bribes cake,  higher above.

Do you doubt the integrity of the police. You are suggesting that they would not want to pass on the fair share of bribes they receive? I'm speechless.

• Like 2

My son used to install the DCU units almost 20 years ago in government agencies vehicles and police cars, here in Australia. Many off the shelf GPS logistics tracking systems out there, and relatively affordable. 

A few dollars a week is all they cost. 

This sounds like reinventing the wheel...

And then of course the units need to be in vehicles in motion,  plus a despatch centre, and a desire to actually work, are all required. 

No doubt some high flying relatives will tender for the business. 

And the customary brown envelopes will circulate. 

I sort of got lost as to what they were trying to achieve!!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Such absurd comments. This improvement is also not appreciated.

Why absurd ?

This is not with "apps" and ridiculous things that only work on the internet explorer with a Win XP hacker at best , that things will get better on the road.

It is with a total overhaul of the police so that his forces finally understand that being a police officer is totally different from what is currently practiced in Thailand.
It is the creation of a real police of the road;
police officers familiar with the Highway Code and enforcing it h24;
police officers who are not from the province in which they will have to do what they were trained to do;
policemen properly remunerated with materials paid by the state or the province.

I'm afraid it never happens in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

Total incompetent dreamers. Any gimmick to avoid them doing the real job, just like Biometrics is the end all cure.

Talking about biometrics.

Anyone notice the multitude of people in biometrics jackets at the airports know?

All playing with the smartphones.

Not being sure what they do?

I asked one the other day. 

The response was, we help if the passport information is not good..

Oh right...

The chip contains fingerprints and eye scan...

Not quite sure what the intent is?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Why absurd ?

This is not with "apps" and ridiculous things that only work on the internet explorer with a Win XP hacker at best , that things will get better on the road.

It is with a total overhaul of the police so that his forces finally understand that being a police officer is totally different from what is currently practiced in Thailand.
It is the creation of a real police of the road;
police officers familiar with the Highway Code and enforcing it h24;
police officers who are not from the province in which they will have to do what they were trained to do;
policemen properly remunerated with materials paid by the state or the province.

I'm afraid it never happens in Thailand.

Many people like Thailand just the way it is. If they wanted police oversight 24 hours a day they could stay at home.

• Like 1

can they track policemen doing rounds of collection money in businesses or they will just use another vehicle to secure their privacy while doing their extra income job

or let me guess, every farang has to buy such gps tracker at 50x - 100x the normal price

Edited by justin case

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Many people like Thailand just the way it is. If they wanted police oversight 24 hours a day they could stay at home.

Remove all police , nobody notice any difference, will save Thailand billions.