Honda Click Advice

2 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

The suspension on Hondas is pretty poor quality

Depends on the model. A while ago i had a PCX 150 2013, the shocks on this bike were indeed poor and wobbled alot, didn't take long for me to replace them. Currently i have a Honda Wave 125 2019, the shocks on this bike work quite well, even two up. Before i bought it i thought i would have to replace them, but now i think they are ok.

I can of course not directly compare the two bikes anymore, but imho the shocks on the 2019 Wave are way better than the shocks on the 2013 PCX.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Depends on the model. A while ago i had a PCX 150 2013, the shocks on this bike were indeed poor and wobbled alot, didn't take long for me to replace them. Currently i have a Honda Wave 125 2019, the shocks on this bike work quite well, even two up. Before i bought it i thought i would have to replace them, but now i think they are ok.

I can of course not directly compare the two bikes anymore, but imho the shocks on the 2019 Wave are way better than the shocks on the 2013 PCX.

Yes , many who buy a Honda anticipate having to change various components in order to bring it up to "standard".  Some models more so than others. Maybe they have started to improve quality. 

9 hours ago, alx123 said:

Why insist on buying OEM if other options are available and the price are almost the same?

I just don't understand all the fuss..

Buying OEM Honda just means your replacing your poor suspension shock with a newer poor quality shock. OEM may be cheaper though. 

Buying OEM Honda just means your replacing your poor suspension shock with a newer poor quality shock. OEM may be cheaper though. 
My OEM shocks on my Honda Click work fine, I've never noticed any issue.

Why does everyone who buys a Yamaha Aerox change the suspension immediately? sounds like they are poor?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My OEM shocks on my Honda Click work fine, I've never noticed any issue.

Why does everyone who buys a Yamaha Aerox change the suspension immediately? sounds like they are poor?

1. Not everyone does.  

You confabulating bro.

b. No so poor if he can afford new shocks.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:57 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Is that why everyone who buys a Yamaha Aerox changes the stock suspension? and those with a Honda Click keeps the stock suspension?

Aerox customers are more sports and technically minded. If not they would have bought NMax.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 hours ago, papa al said:

Nothing to do with poor papa, just avoiding pointless changing things, you know, like the exhausts plonkers do

Some people change exhaust to save weight or improve gas flow. Or because they want to.

Surely you don't think cost conscious manufacturers install the best? No they install the adequate for punters.

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Aerox customers are more sports and technically minded. If not they would have bought NMax.

Yes , these sporty scooters can be modified by the more technically minded/sporty riders. Thats not a OEM quality issue. Thats performance modifications/customising. I dont recall any owners having to change brakes/suspension on Yamahas because they have had to , due to poor quality.  I havent asked/met all Yamaha owners in Thailand ! . If the standard quality  shocks arent good enougth for the OP , then change them for YSS , as i have known many Honda owners have had to do. I havent spoke to/met  all Honda owners in Thailand ! . 

Archived