Dynasat Upgrade

richard10365

My satellite dealer in Phayao informed me of the latest Dynasat upgrade (368 or something like that).

He said he was sending my receiver to Bangkok for a chip upgrade. Anyone else had this upgrade and know hardware details on the upgrade?

Edited by richard10365

My satellite dealer in Phayao informed me of the latest Dynasat upgrade (368 or something like that).

He said he was sending my receiver to Bangkok for a chip upgrade. Anyone else had this upgrade and know hardware details on the upgrade?

Your sat dealer wrong my friend...he has been overtaken by events. ....ring Dynasat yourself if you have any doubts...........www.dynasat.com

Talking of course about the Dream bouquet

I can supply you with the upgrade by mail order - you will need to wait a few days.

I suggest you buy a NewShine3000 and card writer.

I can supply NS3000 for 2000 baht, a card writer and card for 2000 baht.

So 4000 baht plus postage.

I give full instructions for upgrade so in fture yo can do it yorself

quote name='richard10365' date='2007-03-24 21:20:16' post='1216426']

Thanks for the offer UK Falang but my dealer is doing it for free.

When you get your Dynasat receiver back and are still having problems as you will certainly will , then please contact UK Falang as he not only has the expertise but his price for the Newshine is rock bottom and you wont find anything cheaper in Thailand.

PS ...I dont know the guy and have never spoken to him.

Edited by topfield

I can supply you with the upgrade by mail order - you will need to wait a few days.

Card writer... card...?

Hmm, so with dynasat you can get encoded transmissions as well? I thought it was just for the "free" channels. The dynasat.com website has a "channel list" that put me off switching from UBC, but if there is more interesting programming that can be picked up then I may be interested.

More info, anyone?

Card writer... card...?

Hmm, so with dynasat you can get encoded transmissions as well? I thought it was just for the "free" channels. The dynasat.com website has a "channel list" that put me off switching from UBC, but if there is more interesting programming that can be picked up then I may be interested.

More info, anyone?

Yes Dyna allowed Dream bouquet but the encryption changes often and dyna is far too slow with upgrades.! If you dont have broadband uk falang offers the next best thing at the cheapest price in Thailand AND the expertise.. Why dont you pm him

Also pm 'meerkat' if you've got broadband. From his posting he's got the best set up in town ! Cant discuss here......its against TV rules !!

Thanks for the offer UK Falang but my dealer is doing it for free.

When you get your Dynasat receiver back and are still having problems as you will certainly will , then please contact UK Falang as he not only has the expertise but his price for the Newshine is rock bottom and you wont find anything cheaper in Thailand.

PS ...I dont know the guy and have never spoken to him.

Are you a fortune teller or something? You know I will have problems, you never met someone but you know they are an expert, and you know Thailand so well that you can assure me I can't find a better deal.

I have no idea what any of the equipment is he is talking about. So his advise really doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps him or you could elaborate a bit on what he is talking about.

Also pm 'meerkat' if you've got broadband. From his posting he's got the best set up in town ! Cant discuss here......its against TV rules !!

If you're going to start inviting people on multiple threads to mail me for advice, don't you think it might have been polite to have asked me first? Whilst I try to be charitable with my time, I've been inundated with requests for help that have pushed even my patience, many of whom seem to be under the false impression that I work in the industry.

If you're going to start inviting people on multiple threads to mail me for advice, don't you think it might have been polite to have asked me first? Whilst I try to be charitable with my time, I've been inundated with requests for help that have pushed even my patience, many of whom seem to be under the false impression that I work in the industry.

Dear Friend ...sorry for that but if you did publicly openly and proudly tell everyone on the sat section of this forum about your superb system, can you not expect people to seek your help and advice ?

Will try to see exactly what you wrote but if I remember rightly you seemed quite willing and happy to share your good fortune .

As for multiple threads my goodness...its only been a couple and all were on the same section of TV namely where sat viewing was mentioned.

The moral is if you win on the pools you dont tell people if you dont want a response !!! .....

DEAR MEERKAT

Regarding your complaint about being refered to and recommended, this is what you yourself posted a week or so back . Can you really now blame people for seeking your help and advice ??

................................................................................

"I’ll try and talk you through it as I have a similar set-up to Ignis.

My system has three parts:

1. A dish. Moveable in my case so I can point it to various satellites visible from Thailand. You could get a cheaper fixed dish, but then you’re obviously limited to looking at one sat network. You need to make sure you can see the sky to the South (ie over the equator) – that’s where the satellites hang.

2. A box to control the dish (ie to move it). I use an old Dynasat Angelbox, but there are many available. Of course if you only go with a fixed dish, you can do without this piece of kit.

3. The actual set-top box you use to watch the signal. Again tons to choose from, but like Ignis I’ve gone with the Dreambox DM500S. The reason being that there is tons of online support and a stack of free add-ons for extra functionality.

With this set-up, you will be able to watch “Free to Air” (FTA) channels from whatever satellites are in view.

The Dreambox can also do a lot more. I’ve got three of them connected to my home LAN. I can use the Hard disk on my PCs to record programmes direct from any of the ‘boxes, then later play back those programmes to any TV connected to one of them. I can also “stream” live TV from the box to my laptop over my home WiFi network. You’ll often find me in the garden with a beer, watching live cricket on my laptop – no cables to plug in!

Do bear in mind that to do some of the more complicated things with these boxes, you need to dig around with Linux, so not for the faint-hearted. But once they’re set-up, they seem to work brilliantly. I used Jsat to install my system, and whilst they’re more expensive than some of the other companies, you are paying for excellent after-sales service (in my experience), which for me is important. Check out their site – they have a comprehensive list of what’s available, along with prices."

Can you really blame people for contacting you ??

Edited by topfield

The beauty of a public forum is that one is able to divulge information to many people simultaneously, without having to rehash everything to each and all individually. If you note my post, which you so graciously cross-posted from another thread, you'll read that I referred people to the company involved rather than ask to be contacted directly. The private messages only started after you pimped my name.

A simple apology would have sufficed.

The beauty of a public forum is that one is able to divulge information to many people simultaneously, without having to rehash everything to each and all individually. If you note my post, which you so graciously cross-posted from another thread, you'll read that I referred people to the company involved rather than ask to be contacted directly. The private messages only started after you pimped my name.

i

i

Apology for what ? You gladly and happily told everyone in detail about your superb sat system on this very same section of this forum and then blame people for passing on the good news and recommending you as an expert . Come off it !

What do others think ? Was this a breach of TV rules or of polite behaviour or just passing on knowledge for others to benefit ? Or would you have prefered that people were told : dont pm that guy for info ...he's a nasty b****** . For Heaven's sake you were recommended as an expert, man !!

Edited by topfield

Ok, so to avoid upsetting anyone by sending unwanted PMs, and to avoid discussing anything not allowed on TV (??), does anyone have a URL that can give me a better idea what alternatives I have if I want a UBC replacement...?

Ok, so to avoid upsetting anyone by sending unwanted PMs, and to avoid discussing anything not allowed on TV (??), does anyone have a URL that can give me a better idea what alternatives I have if I want a UBC replacement...?

jsat.tv

Apology for what ? You gladly and happily told everyone in detail about your superb sat system on this very same section of this forum and then blame people for passing on the good news and recommending you as an expert . Come off it !

What do others think ? Was this a breach of TV rules or of polite behaviour or just passing on knowledge for others to benefit ? Or would you have prefered that people were told : dont pm that guy for info ...he's a nasty b****** . For Heaven's sake you were recommended as an expert, man !!

That's the whole point.

I am not an expert. My field of expertise (ironic seeing as it's you with whom I'm having this discussion) is interbank FX and rates.

I'm just a bog-standard customer of the company concerned who posted his experiences, and pointed out that interested parties should go direct to the company's site for more information. You made me out to be the expert and recommended people mail me as such - I even had somebody today mailing me as to whether he could pay me a subscription to run his system!

Thus my first post to you this evening; if you want to pump me up as an expert, perhaps you should have had the common decency to check with me first. I appreciate you were only trying to help, but your good intentions proved a pain in my backside because of your ill judgement.

To those who have pm'd me over this affair: I think I've replied to everybody, and I've tried to provide the best information that I could in a limited time-frame (a had a tee-time... :o ), but as I think I put in all your messages, check out Jsat (a company I have no connection with aside from being a happy custie).

"you'll read that I referred people to the company involved " [meerkat]

Yes indeed , you refered to jsat ( saying they were rather expensive) TO HAVE THE WORK CARRIED OUT !

People want to contact you for ADVICE and guidance following your posting directed at ALL TV members.

I saw nowhere a request that members not to seek your help !

That's the whole point.

I am not an expert. My field of expertise (ironic seeing as it's you with whom I'm having this discussion) is interbank FX and rates.

I'm just a bog-standard customer of the company concerned who posted his experiences, and pointed out that interested parties should go direct to the company's site for more information. You made me out to be the expert and recommended people mail me as such - I even had somebody today mailing me as to whether he could pay me a subscription to run his system!

Thus my first post to you this evening; if you want to pump me up as an expert, perhaps you should have had the common decency to check with me first. I appreciate you were only trying to help, but your good intentions proved a pain in my backside because of your ill judgement.

To those who have pm'd me over this affair: I think I've replied to everybody, and I've tried to provide the best information that I could in a limited time-frame (a had a tee-time... :o ), but as I think I put in all your messages, check out Jsat (a company I have no connection with aside from being a happy custie).

A very fair and reasonable reply . I do apologise if you were inconvenienced.

jsat.tv

Also see the websites below then talk to :

1. www.satthai.tv

2. http://bkkcabletv.com

both Thai Co's speaking some English so none of the high falang prices of our Kiwi friend and sat guru Jon Clarke (jsat)

Dear Meerkat,

A very fair and reasonable reply . A sincere apology if you were inconvenienced.

No worries - I know you were only trying to be helpful.

I'd recommend anyone looking to go down the DIY (as opposed to UBC) path look at http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/index.php

It is a cracking collection of forums that go through absolutely everything you might want to know about systems, right from complete beginners and up. There are a series of forums specifically about the Dreambox receiver there too, which is the product I use and have been happy with. Whilst it obviously has a UK slant rather than Asian, the principles are the same, and there is a wealth of knowledge for anybody needing help.

They're also able to talk about some of the more sensitive issues that violate the TOS here on TV. :o