How Can I Teach My Thai Wife To Budget Her Money

terrythesparky

I'm sorry people, but my finances are MY business. My wife has no idea what I am worth or how much I make per month. It is my job to take care of her and make sure she wants for nothing. She manages the household and pays all the bills. She is very responsible and does a great job. That said, I simply would not even think of a joint account or giving her any kind of control over my US bank accounts. She does have the PIN numbers of my Thai accounts in case of an emergency but she would never even THINK of using them without asking me first. Some people forget the golden rule. NEVER spend more here than you can afford to walk away from. If you are not capable of looking after yourself, don't expect anyone else to do that job for you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry people, but my finances are MY business. My wife has no idea what I am worth or how much I make per month. It is my job to take care of her and make sure she wants for nothing. She manages the household and pays all the bills. She is very responsible and does a great job. That said, I simply would not even think of a joint account or giving her any kind of control over my US bank accounts. She does have the PIN numbers of my Thai accounts in case of an emergency but she would never even THINK of using them without asking me first. Some people forget the golden rule. NEVER spend more here than you can afford to walk away from. If you are not capable of looking after yourself, don't expect anyone else to do that job for you.

You just described the relationship most people have with their housekeepers.

You just described the relationship most people have with their housekeepers.

And a VERY good housekeeper she is. :o