Bangkok Fibre - AIS only offer 500mbps, anyone better?

watboy

My condo in CBD shelled out to do internal fibre wiring, allowing all the residences to select their own Fibre provider. AIS, True, TOT and 3BB are all available. I was going to go with AIS as I was told they have the best infrastructure, but they have been so slow to install and sales act like they don't want us as customers (they are the last to come, months after the rest). Now I'm told they are only offering 500/100 packages, they say they are capable of offering 1,000mbps, but for our condo they will only offer 500. Their 500mbps package is also more expensive than the 1,000mbps offered by the rest, pure data only, no content. Set aside whether or not I need the speed or can utilize the speed (I wired all my rooms w Cat 6), I don't feel inclined to go w AIS anymore. Any experience between TOT and 3BB in the langsuan area?

Condo has fibre pulled to each room already, service providers need only to connect to a box on the ground floor. TOT, 3BB and True have all connected and offer 1gbps packages. AIS is finally installing, 2 months after the rest. I was waiting for them as they said they would also offer 1gbps packages, but was just informed today that they will only offer 500mbps and require 2 year contract. I inquired why they couldn't do 1gbps, they said they could, but they won't with no further rationale.

Nice to live in a condo where the unit holders vote to put in more money and pay for the internal fibre so everyone could have a choice. The alternative was True who would wire the whole building for free, but required 5 year exclusivity.

14 minutes ago, watboy said:

Nice to live in a condo where the unit holders vote to put in more money and pay for the internal fibre so everyone could have a choice. The alternative was True who would wire the whole building for free, but required 5 year exclusivity.

Just wait until you contact them because your internet is not working, and in any case you will be told: "Not our fault, the cable in the building must have a problem, you need to contact your condo management"

Doesn't really matter if AIS, 3BB or True, in general all are ok. Of course you will sometimes find people who have problems with one provider, but i think these problems occur equally often with each of the providers.

Final update, was able to get a 1gbps package from AIS, but had to go in person to an AIS shop to get it. Don't know why had to do it in person. Getting 860mbps down, 110mbps up w 6ms pings from Thai server. Through my VPN to Singapore, that drops down to 280 down 95 up w 50ms pings.

Edited by watboy

9 hours ago, watboy said:

Final update, was able to get a 1gbps package from AIS, but had to go in person to an AIS shop to get it. Don't know why had to do it in person. Getting 860mbps down, 110mbps up w 6ms pings from Thai server. Through my VPN to Singapore, that drops down to 280 down 95 up w 50ms pings.

280 down with singapore vpn is amazing. It's much better than expected.