7.1 Earthquake Hit Japan _ Tsunami Warning Had Be Alerted

Ta22

I just got some news a Huge Earthquake just Hit japan ,

The internet was kinda down 1 plus hour agao i was guessing it might be a Earthquake .

TSUNAMI warning had be activated .

i do not know which part of japan ,

I also do not know if any Tsunami will hit any part of thailand

I think is an importance news .. that why i share it here , if you must . pass on the news ,

Better be safe then sorry ..

i posted the same news in CHiangmai -

Call and wake up your friends if you must -

No danger for Thailand - a long way off.

Here's the BBC report:

An earthquake of magnitude 7.1 has struck off the west coast of Japan's largest island, Honshu.

The quake was felt as far away as Tokyo, but so far no casualties or damage have been reported.

The authorities have issued a tsunami warning for the Ishikawa prefecture, with waves of up to 50cm reported.

The epicentre of the quake, which struck at 0944 (0044 GMT) was 300km (200 miles) north-west of Tokyo, the country's meteorological agency said.

The focus of the tremor was at a depth of 50km (30 miles) below the seabed off the Noto Peninsula facing the Japan Sea, the agency said.

Earthquakes are common in Japan, one of the world's most seismically active areas.

In October 2004, an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 struck the Niigata region in northern Japan, killing 65 people and injuring more than 3,000.

In 1995 a magnitude 7.2 tremor killed more than 6,400 people in the city of Kobe.

Just called Phuket..... 0930 Mar 25 Nothing as of now and no reports of water problems.....................

I'll call again at about noon and see if this is news..............I spoke to a breakfast buffet worker, on duty, at a hotel that was washed alot before............