Ipad and accessories question

talfarlow

I'm coming to Thailand in about a week and will likely be buying an iPad mini at either Siam Square or Central World.

I'm not expecting any great discounts but I'd like to also get some accessories, ie. cords or look at stands. Is there a good place to go with more moderate prices for apple friendly accessories? I'm guessing not in Siam Square!

It's a side question but I'm curious if anyone knows if there are any issues with a Thailand purchased iPad product outside of there ie. the US, Canada etc..? I think the warranty is only valid in Thailand.

Cheers.

Yeah, I'm coming from Vietnam. Unfortunately, the price is even higher here than back home or BKK, No VAT for me here and there are enough dubious products here in Vietnam I avoid a lot of tech purchases here.

I didn't realize that about AppleCare, I'll check it out. I have bought a couple of things at MBK and they both lasted about a week.....wouldn't chance it. Thanks though for your suggestions!

5 minutes ago, talfarlow said:

Yeah, I'm coming from Vietnam. Unfortunately, the price is even higher here than back home or BKK, No VAT for me here and there are enough dubious products here in Vietnam I avoid a lot of tech purchases here.

I didn't realize that about AppleCare, I'll check it out. I have bought a couple of things at MBK and they both lasted about a week.....wouldn't chance it. Thanks though for your suggestions!

There is an Apple Store at ICON Siam (shopping Mall) and iStudios are in pretty much every shopping mall in town. They’ll have decent kit if you don’t want to go the MBK route. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

There is an Apple Store at ICON Siam (shopping Mall) and iStudios are in pretty much every shopping mall in town. They’ll have decent kit if you don’t want to go the MBK route. 

Thanks Richard - much appreciated! If I were in BKK all the time or routinely, I'd probably be a little more adventurous with MBK....have to wait for now! Thanks again.

Archived