How to obtain statement + my address from Kasikorn bank offline?

If Kasikorn is anything like Krung Sri, then the address is worthless.  I can log in to my Krung Sri account and change my address to whatever I like, without any checks; the bank doesn't care where I live, just that I have the passbook and a passport.

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

If Kasikorn is anything like Krung Sri, then the address is worthless.  I can log in to my Krung Sri account and change my address to whatever I like, without any checks; the bank doesn't care where I live, just that I have the passbook and a passport.

I'm not asking   whether it's worthless or not.

I am not sure if I understand the question.

You can get statements online very easily simply by logging in to your account IF you use online banking,

If you don't than you have only a couple of choices. Go to your branch (take your passport) and ask or ring their 24 hour line on 02 888 8800 and negotiate their, if you want this press x, if you want that then press y etc.

2 hours ago, chado said:

I'm not asking   whether it's worthless or not.

As far as the address is concerned you would need to update that with the bank before getting a statement.

I use TMB and they ask for 24 hours notice to prepare the statement which needs to be stamped and signed for immigration. They charge 300 baht for the statement and letter that goes with it.

You should be able to get the statement from any of the bank's branches.

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

Perhaps I am being obtuse, but If you want statements from kassikorn, why not go to your branch and ask for them?

because 90% of the time anywhere in the country they won't understand English no matter how simple a request is. In some banks they often won't understand the phrase "I want to open a new account". As if I was the first foreigner who came to their bank ever with such a strange request.

26 minutes ago, chado said:

because 90% of the time anywhere in the country they won't understand English no matter how simple a request is. In some banks they often won't understand the phrase "I want to open a new account". As if I was the first foreigner who came to their bank ever with such a strange request.

The struggle is real. One wonders how we manage. 

42 minutes ago, chado said:

Actually, I was going to leave this alone after one dry remark, however I actually feel he need to comment on how pathetic, entitled and helpless this sounds.

Good luck with your banking and lord help any unwitting Thai who encounters you in daily life. 

Archived