Getting tough! Motorcycle taxis set to lose their jackets for three years for sidewalk riding

webfact

Getting tough! Motorcycle taxis set to lose their jackets for three years for sidewalk riding

5pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang chaired an executive meeting yesterday concerning motorcycle taxi riders in the capital. 

Following the meeting Pol Capt Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, a spokesman, told the media that there was a proposal that motorcycle taxi riders or "win" that ride on the sidewalks will lose their jackets for three years. 

Consequently if banned they would be unable to offer a public ride service. 

The proposal will be taken forward to a meeting chaired by the Department of Land Transport. 

Pongsakorn said that 475 "win" ranks are set up on the sidewalks and that ways are being looked into to stop this practice so that pedestrians can walk freely. 

One of the ways is to utilise old disused taxi ranks. 

He said that many win riders had taken part in the "Pineapple Eyes" initiative to improve matters regarding the use of the sidewalks but that there were still riders flouting the law. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-22

Nah this won’t work either ????????‍♂️ We are talking about Thai lawless people here ! It would be easier to teach an animal to speak a language ! Where do they get these ideas from is beyond me, it clearly shows how distorted and ineffective their minds/action are ..Have more police walking on the pavement instead and needless to say enforce the laws and don't accept bribes !

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oh help! It was a joke. Did you read the full post.

Actually I did, and the Doi Inthanon part was sort of  funny. Anyway, I'm on heavy medication at the moment due to an accident, so have mercy on my ignorance.

No No No. Just change the colour of The vest from yellow to bright red so they can be spotted easely! Bottom line they do not care! Specially along Sukhumvit Road Bangkok. Along with pavements going the wrong way on the road! The police may aswell stay home and watch TV because they do <deleted>-all!

18 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Have more police walking on the pavement instead and needless to say enforce the laws and don't accept bribes !

Anymore "wild" suggestions like that can get you into trouble. ????????

Archived