Tax ref on saving accounts in Uk

harry94

A few weeks back i received a form from my building society , asking for my tax status and tax ref number .I did post here and was told

to add my NI number (wich i did ) and all should be ok . Well the letter has been returned to my daughter saying the form was not filled

correctly it seems you have to use capital letters , i have since found my tax ref numbers .

I have been out of the Uk ten years , if it does go pear shaped and i have to close the account , i have know idea what i would do with

the five figure sum i have in the account as the same questions are going to be asked what ever Uk bank i am going to use .

Any body here been in this situation ? It seems big brother want to know every aspect of our lives .

Yes lucky to have a five figure sum and no i will not be giving it away .

Thank you for your replies and yes i think the problem is with my daughter filling in the form .

I have told her to complete with capital letters so that it can be clearly read .

Like your comments say what else can it be , My position using her address is my ex wife makes

a habbit of trying to make my life difficult and is very close to my daughter .

I also bank with Santander and i have dicovered i could open a international account with them .

I will keep you up to date if i get any more bad news .if i dont post then all is good .