SME loan fund gets another Bt3-bn injection

SME loan fund gets another Bt3-bn injection

By The Nation

800_fd7f1cfefb67371.jpg

Suriya Juangroongruangkit

The Industry Ministry will boost small and medium-sized enterprises’ liquidity with a Bt3-billion loan to the SME Development Fund under the government’s Pracha Rat scheme. 

Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit said this week the loan would be directed at agriculture, “creative” industries and other businesses tapping digital technology to become more competitive.

He noted that Thai GDP growth has been slow this year due to ongoing global trade disputes and many SMEs are struggling but have yet to access loans.

The fund has granted loans to 10,567 SMEs since 2017, totalling Bt16.12 billion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377709

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-24

It would have been more accurate to say crashing. Before every crash there is a slow down and we have been seeing that since the Coup coming to a stop and now the crash is beginning with negative figures for the first time being shown. But maybe I'm wrong... 

7 hours ago, Scot123 said:

It would have been more accurate to say crashing. Before every crash there is a slow down and we have been seeing that since the Coup coming to a stop and now the crash is beginning with negative figures for the first time being shown. But maybe I'm wrong... 

Wait 24 hours. I think the positive stories come on days with 'T' in the day of the week and the negative on ones with no 'T's

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

many SMEs are struggling but have yet to access loans.

That might be telling of a high risk economy.

Don't throw good money after bad money.

SMEs want to see some economic growth first before doubling down with borrowed capital. This is consistent with that the last two years that the Prayut regime has under spent its investment budget for things like SME's.

Archived